Bills offense to be much different in 2010

I feel like we read this crap every season. And every season we suck.

Go Bills?

Chris Brown = lead PR spokesman. TMK, the Bills organization signs his paycheck. He "reports" what's in the best interest of the team, but more importantly, the franchise's bottom line. Yawn.

Next.

“I like the way he carried himself in the meetings,” said Trent Edwards. “Just getting the chance to sit down with him I feel like he’s a confident coach. He’s an offensive tough-minded coach who wants to run the football and throw the football and run a balanced attack.”

As opposed to what, punting on first down?

Agreed! Certainly being different from the ol offense is a necessary starting point. It does not guarantee success as it is possible to be different but worse. However, it clearly has to be way different if there is any hope that it is gonna be way better!

Overall, I would say there is not much tangible for an outsider to go on as even the QBs (about as inside as you can get) seem to not know the specifics.

Though the key here is likely to be whether the offensive approach selected is a good one, one only needs look back at the past operation and hear some of the changes in operation being made to be hopeful about this.

Specifically:

1. That there were too many voices and that they were saying different things (or at best the same thing different ways) makes a ton of sense. Jauron every one and even he admits was a D minded coach. This puts an extra burden on the OC to be stong-willed and solid and the fact we fired our OC just before the season began speaks volumes about the likelihood last season was not gonna be pleasant.

2. Play design has always been a huge issue for this team since even though the offensive weapons were actually quite massive last year (given Evans speed and on the verge of greatness production, TO's proven production, Parrish speed and proven open field running ability, and given Lynch has a good rep in college as a pass catcher and actually Jackson proved himself to be an all purpose threat last year one wonders actually how were the Bills not potent offensively.

The offensive threats last year (even backed up by a very good kicker if they failed) seemed to be a group one would have to actually try to not make it work and the Bills evidently did this.

Its great to hear there is new terminology and a soup to nut makeover.

3. The question remains however whether the makeover will be a good one.

However, Gailey's record of past offensive success and also that he is committed to making it work with whatever personnel he has rather than his committed to one method and the test will be his skill acquisition of particular styles of players, the extent to which players under contract fit a specific style he brings if he was invested in one style, and the dumb luck of who gets hurt. Gailey seems to be making the right move in adapting his offense to what he has got rather than trying to get players who play a particular style.

I like that he is closemouthed about what he intends.

I can just picture what these guys said when they got their playbooks.

Edwards: "Coach, this is a lot different."

Gailey: "How do you mean?"

Edwards: "Well, for one, I don't see any of the 3-yard pass plays we used to run. Everything in here seems to be gauged toward moving the ball down the field."

Gailey: "??"

Fitz: "What does this term mean? I think you say it, 'playaction.'"

Brohm: "And what are with the funny arrows pointing toward the middle of the field?"

Gailey: "Uh, that's where the receivers are supposed to run those routes."

(Group Laughter by QB's).

--beat--

Edwards: "The middle of the field. Seriously?"

Edwards: "Well, for one, I don't see any of the 3-yard pass plays we used to run. Everything in here seems to be gauged toward moving the ball down the field."

Brohm: "And what are with the funny arrows pointing toward the middle of the field?"

--beat--

:rolleyes::thumbsup::oops:

Different doesn't mean good.

“You want to score points as an offense and a quarterback and that’s kind of what we’re trying to do,” said Edwards.

Hey he can't play, but he knows that you need to score points to win! In order to score points you can't go from 1 to 4 in your progression either Trent!

--beat--

:thumbsup::rolleyes::oops:

--beat--

This is great! Thanks for the laugh :rolleyes:

The most encouraging thing I read in thast piece was that Coach Gailey is going to tailor the system to the personel. Too many times the past decade coaches were to caught up in playing a particular scheme regardless of is it fit the personnel or not. Think Greggo with his "46" and Jauron with the "Tampa 2".

The most encouraging thing I read in thast piece was that Coach Gailey is going to tailor the system to the personel. Too many times the past decade coaches were to caught up in playing a particular scheme regardless of is it fit the personnel or not. Think Greggo with his "46" and Jauron with the "Tampa 2".

I agree.

A balance of running and passing? losers!!!!- what a terrible plan- there's only one real way to go- you get a really big guy like Chris Henery, or the Big show- and a couple of midgets - and you give the midgets the ball and throw the midgets all over the field- now there's a good plan.