Schobel Billboard

GR8PRKN

hey Lori: this is the greatest thread ever.

exclamation point. period.

jw

I live near his hometown (Columbus, TX) His parents operate a restaurant. On Mar 19th we stopped there at lunch time and guess who was behind the counter making himself a plate from the buffet line. Aaron and his brother Matt. My son was wearing his Aaron Schobel jersey at the time. We talked to him for a minute and he signed my son's jersey. Took a group picture..... I wanted to ask him about his retirement decision but didn't want to bug him. He said something about being out of shape so that may be indicative of his passion.

I live near his hometown (Columbus, TX) His parents operate a restaurant. On Mar 19th we stopped there at lunch time and guess who was behind the counter making himself a plate from the buffet line. Aaron and his brother Matt. My son was wearing his Aaron Schobel jersey at the time. We talked to him for a minute and he signed my son's jersey. Took a group picture..... I wanted to ask him about his retirement decision but didn't want to bug him. He said something about being out of shape so that may be indicative of his passion.

Yeah probably does......

I always wondered if that restaurant was his family's. I think there's also another Schobel's on I-35 betwen San Antonio and Austin.

My gut feeling is that Schobel has already informed the team that he intends to retire. The Bills told him to sit on it for a couple more weeks and really give it a second thought. If he decides to retire, the Bills will announce it soon after the draft to try and lessen the blow. A Russ Brandon marketing decision the whole way. Bad news is always taken a bit better after some good news (the draft).

YES!!

Lets do the sign. Bring him back.....

and TRADE him.

A guy who who contemplates retirement for 6--7 months is never going to come back to give it everything he's got. IMO when you're mentally doubting everything, its very hard to translate that to a complete physical commitment. especially over a long period of time in the face constant failure (possibly) . We're better off using him as trade bait.