Rebuild or not? Answer this QB question

2010 or 2011 QBs  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB class is stronger? Then choose the one that fits in with the Bills.

• 2010 - Bradford, Clausen, Tebow
    • 2011 - Locker, Luck, Mallett
    • Sam Bradford - Oklahoma
    • Jimmy Clausen - Notre Dame
    • Tim Tebow - Florida
    • Jake Locker - Washington
    • Andrew Luck - Stanford
    • Ryan Mallett - Arkansas

Let's not kid ourselves, relatively speaking Bradford is seen as a the best QB in 2010, but we shouldn't be short-sighted. Next year may have our "franchise" QB...if so we should build the LINES this draft.

Thoughts?

So, what if all three of next year's QBs turn out to be absolutely terrific? Then you can expect them to go in the top five.

And if we get, say the 16th spot, we will never have the slightest whiff of picking one.

That's why the Golden Rule of the Draft says "NEVER pass up a franchise QB unless you already have one on your roster."

So, what if all three of next year's QBs turn out to be absolutely terrific? Then you can expect them to go in the top five.

And if we get, say the 16th spot, we will never have the slightest whiff of picking one.

That's why the Golden Rule of the Draft says "NEVER pass up a franchise QB unless you already have one on your roster."

absolutely true

too bad there are no "franchise" QBs in this draft

a lot of project QBs which is what the Bills have been chasing for 15 years

trade for McNabb - the Bills lease will be up and they will be out of town before any of this year's "franchise" QBs are ready to break Bills fans hearts

Let's not kid ourselves, relatively speaking Bradford is seen as a the best QB in 2010, but we shouldn't be short-sighted. Next year may have our "franchise" QB...if so we should build the LINES this draft.

Thoughts?

That only works if we have a very crappy year, crappy enough to be picking high enough to get Locker or Mallett.

I agree build the Lines- but if Tebow fell to the third round I'd consider him.

Don't kid yourself if Tebow is there in the second Brandon and Overdorf are not going to miss the opportunity to sell those season tickets in Toronto. Don't worry though he will find a way to be in Jacksonville by then!.

Don't kid yourself if Tebow is there in the second Brandon and Overdorf are not going to miss the opportunity to sell those season tickets in Toronto. Don't worry though he will find a way to be in Jacksonville by then!.

The Canadians are in love with Tebow? :wallbash:

That only works if we have a very crappy year, crappy enough to be picking high enough to get Locker or Mallett.

What if we get both lines some more help this year, maybe adding an OLB and/or WR. Then next year we package our 1st round pick and our 2nd round pick to move up for Locker?

Thoughts?

It all starts

or stops

with the offensive line.

Thoughts?

My vote was to draft a QB's this year. Of course I was in the minority.

Joe Montana, argualbly the very best QB in NFL history, was a 3rd round pick. Tom Brady, another in that same argument with Montana, was a 6th round pick. Brett Favre, yet another in that argument, was a 2nd round pick traded away by the team that drafted him. (Nice job Falcons.) Dan Marino, another in the argument, was drafted late in the first round, after other QB's in 1983, including our HOF'er Jimbo, had less impressive careers. In fact, Marino's records are just now being eclipsed by Favre, who needed to play almost 20 years to break them. Of course, we also have our examples of number one draft choices living up to their picks. Elway, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, and others I cannot remember....yes sometimes the experts are really correct. But not most of the time!

What's my point? Isn't it obvious? Drafting QB's is and always will be a crap shoot. Sam Bradford may end up duplicating Kerry Collins' career while Tim Tebow may be the one breaking Favre's or Mannings records 15 years down the road. Nobody knows. I present Joe Flacco as more evidence. Who the hell was he to come in as a rookie and do a damn good job for the Ravens starting every game for them the past two years?? From Delaware of all colleges? I'm sure the "experts" projected Flacco to take 3 years or more before he was "ready" to take over. Well, who's to say Tony Pike, who absoultely nobody is giving any love coming up to this draft, can't be this years' Flacco?? So if Buddy drafts Pike in the 2nd round, because he see's what the Ravens saw in Flacco, everyone will roast Nix right?

Listen, until you have a quality QB, anything less then the Ravens defense of '2000 will get you nowhere. And the Ravens defense of '2000 has yet to be duplicated other then maybe once, and that was way back in 1985 by the Bears.

Two intersting examples of teams that won SB's with much less then quality career QB's was the Redskins of '91 and the Giants of '90 - both of which beat our beloved Bills. However, those teams were great in every other way, and Rypien of the Redskins had ONE HOF season that year in 1991, and nobody can ever predict a QB to do that. Hostetler of the '90 Giants was forced to take over late in the year for injured Simms, and he simply played just good enough against our horribly out-coached Bills to win by one point. Does anyone think that Hostetler could have won the game for the Giants if Levy and Kelly would have simply decided to hand the ball off to Thurman Thomas about 35 or 40 times that ngiht down in Tampa???

But I am obviously rambling and once again for the milliionth time lamenting that first SB loss! I say draft the QB in the first our second round THIS SEASON, and like Chan Gailey says, "coach him up" to become the Bills next franchise QB. Sure it's a crap shoot, but if they don't at least try, they will NEVER contend for a championship. And to wait for next years' class of QB's because the "experts" say they are better then this years', is simply pure folly.

...I figure no matter who they draft they will be eating Edward's dust...after he throws 24 td's and 3000 yards this season...this poll is meaningless

Of course you are joking, right? Trent Edwards will be throwing 24 TD's and 3,000 yards this season?? I'm sorry, but despite his reputation for getting more out of average QB's, Chan is not a combination of Bill Walsh, Mike Holmgren and Ted Marchibroda all rolled up into one. And even if he were, I cannot see him elevating Edwards to that level.....ever. Just my humble opinion, and yes, Trent was drafted in the 3rd round, not the 1st. I always like to remind everyone that most of the best QB's in history were not first round draft picks. But I see more "Joe Ferguson" type head-down lack of confidence in Edwards then Jim Kelly type leadership. And even worse for Trent, he does not have the rifle arm Fergy had that allowed him to put together 3 or 4 great seasons under Chuck Knox despite his overall lack of leadership skills. So add it all up, and Edwards is not the answer, unless he somehow miraculously finds some confidence and becomes a leader. But even if he does that, he still cannot take a hard hit in the NFL either. I just don't see it happening for Trent Edwards!