James Hardy - Take a look at this

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People are insane. Rookie WR tend to suck their first year. He got hurt towards the end of his rookie year causing him to be on PUP for most of the season last year. Of course he hasn't done anything.

give him a break and you might actually see something this year.

People are insane. Rookie WR tend to suck their first year. He got hurt towards the end of his rookie year causing him to be on PUP for most of the season last year. Of course he hasn't done anything.

+1 finally someone thinking rationally

+1 finally someone thinking rationally

Exactly. He isn't the type of receiver that had to run perfect routes, and learn the intricacies of route-running in college. Other recievers, like Desean Jackson and Eddie Royal, relied on speed and quickness, and hence, the ability to run great routes, which allowed them to contribute immediately at the pro level. Hardy was able to rely on his size and physical assets instead. In the pros, receivers like Hardy typically take 2-3 years to develop. Didn't Eric Moulds suck until his 3rd season?

Take a look at these Highlights. Was it nerves or what? He doesnt look anything like this anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afr3PoA9ibI

I for one think he will grow into the position. This might be his year.

The year he got picked he was who i was hoping for at that pick and i think given a chance in a decent scheme the guy will be money . He's got the tools & now with what ever he picked up from T.O. last year we could see him and Steve Johnson become very productive . But it always seems like Bills fans give up on players way to quick, heck he was out almost all of last year . Go Figure :rolleyes: Look at what every body on the site says about Bromm & go back and look at his college highlights he was a QB with some good stuff, but because we want instant gratification kick them out of the NFL & get somebody else that can do it NOW !!!!!!!!

Wrong.

This year alone:

Collie, Harvin, Maclin, Nicks, Knox, even Crabtree all had more catches than Evans.

I'm not really sure what was so impressive about those highlights. Every catch he made should have been made. He was clearly playing against inferior competition, thus taking advantage of his mismatches. On top of that, there wasn't anything particularly gifted athletically in those highlights. I also noticed how all of the highlights are against Purdue, Ball State, Penn State, Minnesota, and ECU. No highlights from the games against the Big-10 teams that were actually competitive...much less against ranked opponents. But yea...he is the 2nd coming of Randy Moss who is going to explode the record books when he gets healthy....

I'm not really sure what was so impressive about those highlights. Every catch he made should have been made. He was clearly playing against inferior competition, thus taking advantage of his mismatches. On top of that, there wasn't anything particularly gifted athletically in those highlights. I also noticed how all of the highlights are against Purdue, Ball State, Penn State, Minnesota, and ECU. No highlights from the games against the Big-10 teams that were actually competitive...much less against ranked opponents. But yea...he is the 2nd coming of Randy Moss who is going to explode the record books when he gets healthy....

Which is exactly what everyone is saying.

That's cause Bills WR's tend to suck every year.

Really sick and tired of this B.S. Lee Evans is a very good receiver.

He has no one to throw the ball to him.

owens was thrown to last year about twicw as ofter.

Fact: A Bills quarterback has not had a three hundred yard passing game in seven years.

SEVEN YEARS!

Is that because of the wide receivers or the guys throwing the football?

Please stop blaming Lee Evans for our dysfunctional passing game.

The guy keeps his mouth shut and catches the football.

Really sick and tired of this B.S. Lee Evans is a very good receiver.

He has no one to throw the ball to him.

owens was thrown to last year about twicw as ofter.

Fact: A Bills quarterback has not had a three hundred yard passing game in seven years.

SEVEN YEARS!

Is that because of the wide receivers or the guys throwing the football?

Please stop blaming Lee Evans for our dysfunctional passing game.

The guy keeps his mouth shut and catches the football.

Settle down, Nancy.

SEVEN YEARS!

That's not a fact but no one is going to argue that the Bills haven't had a good QB in a long time.

Nor should anyone argue that Lee Evans is a stud WR.

And nor should anyone think that James Hardy's performances against Purdue in 2007 are in any way a reason to get excited for Hardy in 2010.

Maybe.

Maybinot.

Call me crazy but I figured Hardly as a bust as soon as he allegedly tried to kill his father right after the draft.

Wrong.

This year alone:

Collie, Harvin, Maclin, Nicks, Knox, even Crabtree all had more catches than Evans.

Um.. have you looked at the pass attempts of the Bills vs other teams? They hardly threw any passes to receivers..

He had two hundred yards against Penn St....they are pretty good usually aren't they????...Hardy will be just fine people...get off his back...he hasn't even gotten a chance to smell the field...and even T.O. didn't put up any numbers in our offense last season...so yeah, it isn't that our recievers suck...our offense sucked and couldn't get ANYONE the ball...has been that way for a while...don't blame Hardy

Wrong.

This year alone:

Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick was delivering the ball. There's nothing else to discuss.

Wrong.

This year alone:

Collie <-- Manning

Harvin <-- Favre

Nicks <-- Manning

Knox <-- Cutler

Crabtree <-- Smith

ok, Crabtree gets a flier, but look at the guys throwing to the rest of your All-Rookie group

IMO, Evans would crush all of them with an equivalent QB and decent OL

B-U-S-T.

Put him on the Colts and he's Pierre Garcon. WR is the easiest position on the field. Put any NFL caliber WR with a good QB, line, and an okay rushing attack, and you have a 1,000 yard season.