Yahoo Article also talks about McNabb & Bills

BobbyC81

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports has also posted an article about the Bills & McNabb.

Charles Robinson Yahoo Article

"However, one source with knowledge of McNabb’s interests said the 11-year veteran would favor a trade to a team with a contending roster, such as the Arizona Cardinals – a franchise that isn’t currently in the mix for his services."

Still want him ? I have other reasons to be against his coming to Buffalo but if the above is true, then I sure as hell don't want him here except to receive an a$$ kicking whenever his new team plays in Buffalo.

Kelly didn't want to come here at first. Luckily for us, our front office wasn't as sensitive as you.

Kelly ? He was young with lots of potential. McNabb is towards the end of his career, has proven he can underperform. I am on record as saying I would not mind him coming here for a 4th or lower as a stop-gap measure. But that was before I read this. In addition to his underwhelming credentials, his desire to play for a playoff ready team tells me he isn't entirely sure he can lift a team above the level of its talent. I am not sure he will play with heart if he comes here as a last option.

So he would play for the Rams - owners of a top 2 pick three years running - over us?

Maybe a new low....

Hmm I didnt know players dictated who they where traded to. If the Rams offer the Eagles a better offer then of course the Eagles will take the Rams deal.

And the Rams rumor is false if you read the end of the article

Hmm I didnt know players dictated who they where traded to. If the Rams offer the Eagles a better offer then of course the Eagles will take the Rams deal.

And the Rams rumor is false if you read the end of the article

Actually they do. A no trade clause will have the result that a player can chose where he is traded to. Don't hink McNabb has one, though.

Still want him ? I have other reasons to be against his coming to Buffalo but if the above is true, then I sure as hell don't want him here except to receive an a$$ kicking whenever his new team plays in Buffalo.

Really? A Pro Bowl QB who has won a handful of Conf championships and has played his entire career with one team doesn't want to get dumped on some crappy team in the middle of an endless "rebuild" and you have a problem with that?

Really? A Pro Bowl QB who has won a handful of Conf championships and has played his entire career with one team doesn't want to get dumped on some crappy team in the middle of an endless "rebuild" and you have a problem with that?

Let me re-phrase that - I have a problem with the Bills acquiring him. Clear ?

I am not as down on Leinart as most of the people are around here. I can't help it, i just saw some amazing things from him during that preseason game against GB.

That being said, if you're Arizona, why in the world are you not all over the prospect of bringing McNabb out West, especially if you are not going to have to mortgage your future to do it?

Kelly ? He was young with lots of potential. McNabb is towards the end of his career, has proven he can underperform. I am on record as saying I would not mind him coming here for a 4th or lower as a stop-gap measure. But that was before I read this. In addition to his underwhelming credentials, his desire to play for a playoff ready team tells me he isn't entirely sure he can lift a team above the level of its talent. I am not sure he will play with heart if he comes here as a last option.

Poor attempt at defending your first post. Kelly even went as far as to go to a different league just to avoid playing here. He dissed the city, the team, the organization and says he even cried when the Bills drafted him. If the truth is known, and the USFL lasted one more season, he would never have come to Buffalo. The Bills had his rights for one more year, so Kelly had to come here or sit out an entire season, which is why he signed here. I know now he says he is glad he did because he loves the city, but any athlete wants to go to a winner, not a team that has gone longer than any other team in the league since making the playoffs and is currently one of the biggest jokes in the NFL. Anyone with any desire to end this string of losing would welcome McNabb with open arms. Hope that doesn't hurt your feelings too.

Poor attempt at defending your first post. Kelly even went as far as to go to a different league just to avoid playing here. He dissed the city, the team, the organization and says he even cried when the Bills drafted him. If the truth is known, and the USFL lasted one more season, he would never have come to Buffalo. The Bills had his rights for one more year, so Kelly had to come here or sit out an entire season, which is why he signed here. I know now he says he is glad he did because he loves the city, but any athlete wants to go to a winner, not a team that has gone longer than any other team in the league since making the playoffs and is currently one of the biggest jokes in the NFL. Anyone with any desire to end this string of losing would welcome McNabb with open arms. Hope that doesn't hurt your feelings too.

Hurt my feelings ? I did not bring my feelings in this conversation purely my opinion which says (1) McNabb is a big game choker (2) is on the down side of his career (3) is not worth more than a 4th, or a 3rd at best (4) Won't be anything more than a stop-gap measure (5) (if true) he does not want to be here.

I stand by my post in that no matter what the circumstances were around Kelly's arrival in Buffalo, he was a young QB with potential. McNabb is not. We may differ in our opinion, but my opinion is not poorer just because you don't agree with it.

Hurt my feelings ? I did not bring my feelings in this conversation purely my opinion which says (1) McNabb is a big game choker (2) is on the down side of his career (3) is not worth more than a 4th, or a 3rd at best (4) Won't be anything more than a stop-gap measure (5) (if true) he does not want to be here.

I stand by my post in that no matter what the circumstances were around Kelly's arrival in Buffalo, he was a young QB with potential. McNabb is not. We may differ in our opinion, but my opinion is not poorer just because you don't agree with it.

This is all much better than anything weve had since (I hate to say it) Doug Flutie was here. (1)McNabb might be a big game choker but at least he gets to the big games. (2)I could look up stats but I dont think they would prove he is on the down side of his career. (3)The Eagles are being offered more than just a 3rd and a 4th most likely so that would prove he is worth more than a 3rd. (let me guess you think Marshawn is worth a 1st too right?) (4)At 33 years old you only have 3-4 quality years left in your tank as it is. Of course its a stop gap until we find/teach/grow our permanent starter. (5)Not many players want to play for certain teams, money changes that. And just because he would rather play for a certain team doesnt make it so. Im sure he would like to play for the Colts too since he could prolly win a SB with them. But that aint gonna happen. Not to mention he doesnt have a no-trade clause in his contract, so he doesnt have a say where he goes. The only say he has is if he were to resign with that team.