Does Marshawn want out?

That's the inference. Because blaming a guy for accidentally and unwittingly hitting someone, and then leaving because he didn't realize it, is silly.

Oh, he still would have gotten the traffic ticket. Not that the grand jury was anything other than a ploy to get Lynch to admit he was driving, something which could have been accomplished a month earlier by giving him the plea deal he ultimately got. But I'm sure the DA thought that some incriminating evidence would surface, but it's been almost 2 years and still nada.

You really think he didn't know he hit a 200pd woman? You live in fantasy land my friend.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think he didn't know he hit a 200pd woman? You live in fantasy land my friend.

The only people living in a fantasy land are those who ignore the evidence (or lack thereof) and say "you really think he didn't know he hit a 200pd woman." Because that's all they have to hang their hat on.

The only people living in a fantasy land are those who ignore the evidence (or lack thereof) and say "you really think he didn't know he hit a 200pd woman." Because that's all they have to hang their hat on.

He was actually pretty smart driving away because he could have been charged with Assault with a Deadly weapon. There were numerous witnesses that said they saw him slow down after he hit her and then drove away. The fact is that Marshawn evaded police that night because he didn't want them to find out something. If he was innocent, and had no idea he hit the 200pd woman, why would he let his car get impounded by the police?

I bet you will come up with some BS answer that makes you feel better about having a man crush on Marshawn. :thumbsup:

He was actually pretty smart driving away because he could have been charged with Assault with a Deadly weapon. There were numerous witnesses that said they saw him slow down after he hit her and then drove away. The fact is that Marshawn evaded police that night because he didn't want them to find out something. If he was innocent, and had no idea he hit the 200pd woman, why would he let his car get impounded by the police?

I bet you will come up with some BS answer that makes you feel better about having a man crush on Marshawn. :thumbsup:

No need for BS answers:

Lynch's vehicle -- moving quickly but apparently below the speed limit -- turned left onto Delaware and struck Shpeley, the official said.

"The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware," the official said. "It could very well be that the driver never saw [shpeley] and didn't know he hit her."

http://www.tmcnet.com/news/2008/06/12/3495940.htm

As for the car:

After the accident, police impounded Lynch's SUV, which they found parked outside the football star's $560,000 home in the Town of Hamburg.

Sounds like a guy trying to hide something, because in your driveway is where you'd want to park a car you just got into an accident with. But please explain to me how you don't let your car get impounded?

No need for BS answers:

http://www.tmcnet.com/news/2008/06/12/3495940.htm

As for the car:

Sounds like a guy trying to hide something, because in your driveway is where you'd want to park a car you just got into an accident with. But please explain to me how you don't let your car get impounded?

He never answered the door or would answer questions from the police until he was forced too.

Just admit that you think the sun rises and sets in Marshawn's pants!

He never answered the door or would answer questions from the police until he was forced too.

Just admit that you think the sun rises and sets in Marshawn's pants!

I will, when you admit it's past your bedtime.

Sorry, I just don't understand your insistence on Marshawn being this great guy? I will agree to disagree with you, and call it day.

I never called him a "great guy." I don't know him personally, and have heard stories about him both good and bad. Just like I heard about Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, etc. Luckily for them, they didn't play a lot during the internet age. Furthermore, I don't consider athletes "role models" and don't think they should get preferential treatment.

That being said, in Lynch's case, there is no evidence to suggest he was DUI when he hit the woman. And being DUI is the ONLY explanation for him leaving the scene. If someone steps forward and says he/she saw him drinking, much less drunk when he entered his car, I'll change my tune (and Spheley's lawyer is suing him for DUI hit and run, so I'm curious to see what, if anything, he found).

Not just the first paragraph, the very first sentence:

"Bills running back Marshawn Lynch said Friday he didn't know he hit anyone while driving his SUV ..."

4th paragraph, last sentence:

"I didn't know my car had hit anyone or anything."

6th paragraph:

"I was certain that my car did not strike the dancing pedestrian," Lynch said."

Marshawn may never be a great RB. Heck, he may not be the best RB on this team. But he is better than some others in this league. No need to create holes just to satisfy some people's "moral compass".

So he made mistakes. He paid for those mistakes. Let it go.

If you hit someone or something at all for that matter that tears part of your vehicles bumper off and leaves it at the scene, you are really smoking some good **** or doing something of that nature if you didn't realize it. That is total BS, and so is he.

If you hit someone or something at all for that matter that tears part of your vehicles bumper off and leaves it at the scene, you are really smoking some good **** or doing something of that nature if you didn't realize it. That is total BS, and so is he.

If he hit the woman hard enough to tear apart the car's bumper, that woman is not getting up and walking away.

Plastic grill part(s)or plastic piece attached to bumper? Very possible.

I smacked a deer @ 35. Shattered my grill and scraped my bumper, but even that hit did nothing to "tear" my bumper.

Just for the record, I was against Lynch playing his little legal game after the incident. He should have manned up and just admitted it instead of hiding behind his lawyer.

But that's the past. It's over. A deal was struck, and he paid his price. Let it go.

Besides, IIRC, he's being sued by the woman. She'll get her justice in the end.

He is a backup now and not a very good one. Plus his off-field stuff. Odds are he will do something else stupid before too long. I'd trade him to whomever offered anything. Another waste of a draft pick.

I talked to my friend at work that saw Marshawn on Chippewa last year. He said that Marshawn was smoking blunts in the parking lot in plain sight.

That's the inference. Because blaming a guy for accidentally and unwittingly hitting someone, and then leaving because he didn't realize it, is silly.

Oh, he still would have gotten the traffic ticket. Not that the grand jury was anything other than a ploy to get Lynch to admit he was driving, something which could have been accomplished a month earlier by giving him the plea deal he ultimately got. But I'm sure the DA thought that some incriminating evidence would surface, but it's been almost 2 years and still nada.

Sure, if Lynch wasn't avoiding talking to the police.

Yeah to tell them they wouldn't be interviewing his client any time soon.

I'm sure he gauged the DA's interest in giving "the driver of the SUV" a traffic ticket instead of pursuing misdemeanor charges.

I like the idea of drafting CJ Spiller and trading Marshawn. The guy doesn't want to be here to back up F-Jack and his beast mode will draw some interest. How about San Diego, I'm sure Buddy would jump at the chance to pass a problem player to his good Friend AJ!

Or trade him to Oakland for Micheal Bush & draft Spiller for a return guy to give Jackson a break from return duties and break Spiller in to NFL .Then have a back field with three backs like the Giants did two years ago . Plus if Jackson shows any sign of slowing (cause some people think his age may be a factor), we would still have two young good backs for the future so there shouldn't be any transition time in the future if Jackson was to slow . What About it ?? :thumbsup: