[closed]Reid says Eagles are getting offers for McNabb

bobcat

The Eagles removed there 1st round pick demand for McNabb.

It is best to not take these kinds of rumors too seriously - even if YOU were asking the question and heard FIRSTHAND the reply, you STILL couldn't be sure what Reid really meant to say. In this case this is a report of what someone heard and is a reporter (or two) trying to get an article written to make money (which is their vocation - writing sports articles......grain of salt time, folks).

The facts are these:

1.) Quality QB's are a rare and precious commodity.

2.) McNabb is better than (unarguably) half of the QB's in the NFL - the argument is is he 15, 12, 10, ....etc?

How many teams would hesitate to trade a 2nd rounder for McNabb which is what this article is implying???

so, I do not think Reid meant (or perhaps even said any of what this article says) to say the Eagles would ever trade McNabb for less than a 1st round pick.

Now Vick may be traded - that's a big possibility. I actually thought they would release him on March 1st. That's ONE wrong prediction by yours truly...

my 2 cents

i would offer a second and whitner, or lynch, i think philly needs help at both those positions..

Bills do not need a QB with 3 years at best left in the tank. McNAbb is hurt every year behind a good line with a borderline HOF RB. How do you think he will fare behind the Bills line with shakey WRs and fair RBs?

Bills do not need a QB with 3 years at best left in the tank. McNAbb is hurt every year behind a good line with a borderline HOF RB. How do you think he will fare behind the Bills line with shakey WRs and fair RBs?

that certainly is cause for concern, but i am assuming the line will be better(could not be any worse), and, the bills upgrade at wr

I think even a 2nd rounder next year could get it done. Draft top LT in the first, NT in the second and add McNabb at QB - sounds like a pretty good jump to the 2010 season. No way will Eagles let a draft pick like a 2nd slip away when they could easily get one for McNabb. If another team offers a 2nd as well, throw in Lynch to win the deal....

The Eagles removed there 1st round pick demand for McNabb.

Even so, I'm feeling like Hamlet about this. On the one hand, McNabb is light years better than what we have and is said to have three more seasons in him. On the other hand, we're buidling with the draft and losing a top pick like a #2 right now seems steep. On the other hand, take McNabb and a draft a QB to groom............and on it goes. I just hope he does have a few good seasons left and this is not a Russ Brandon "let's sell season tickets" move.

I think even a 2nd rounder next year could get it done. Draft top LT in the first, NT in the second and add McNabb at QB - sounds like a pretty good jump to the 2010 season. No way will Eagles let a draft pick like a 2nd slip away when they could easily get one for McNabb. If another team offers a 2nd as well, throw in Lynch to win the deal....

hes missed 4 regular season games in the past 3 years............. what injuries are you referring to?

He's also the same age as payton and brady... no one is saying they are too old....btw theyve both had knee surguries..

Mcnabb's skills are another question however.

hes missed 4 regular season games in the past 3 years............. what injuries are you referring to?

He's also the same age as payton and brady... no one is saying they are too old....btw theyve both had knee surguries..

Mcnabb's skills are another question however.

?? - no injuries mentioned

anyone who thinks an aging, diminishing quarterback is worth a first round pick, especially #9 is crazy. i wouldn't offer more than a third rounder for him. why would you want to bring mcnabb in here and waste the 2-3 remaining years of production he has left (if healthy, of course) on a re building team? then when your team is ready to win, after 2-3 strong drafts, you're reverting back to a young, inexperienced quarterback, which would hinder the teams progress. i hope they build the team the rght way, through the draft, and are competitive for years to come, not just a couple years. now here's hoping ralph is around to see the transformation!

that certainly is cause for concern, but i am assuming the line will be better(could not be any worse), and, the bills upgrade at wr

Upgrade from a HOF WR in Owens to...Hardy? Butler is gone. Wood may start on the PUP. The line might be about the same. It's not going to be that much better.

I think that a 3rd rder this year and a conditional 3 rder that can become a 2nd rder in next year's draft could get it done. Another scenario might be a first day pick in this year's draft and a player (secondary?) for McNabb. We definitely need our first 2 picks this year to bolster our awful O/D Lines.

and mcnabb has missed 24 games, since becoming full-time starter, averaging out to roughly 3 games per year

he has been relatively healyth, recently, but still has averaged missing 2-3 games/year since taking over as a full-time starter. to even consider moving the 9th or 40th pick for him is delusional. he's 33 and plays an average of 13-14 games a year for you? no thanks. a franchise, particularly one that hasn't been to the playoffs in ten years, needs to hit on early picks and have those players contribute for the next ten years. to offer up either slot for a guy that has, at best, three productive years left is dumb. he may play until he's 39, but he'll only be productive until 36-37. this bills team isn't going anywhere this year, regardless of the quarterback. i bet nix is going to turn over 60% or more of the roster, and to do that quickly and effectively, the way it appears tuna has done in miami. get a young guy through the draft (skelton? mccoy? jarrett brown?) whomever you like and let him sit and learn for a bit. we will see about chan's ability to grrom qb's, and he'll get to pick his own. his wagon will be hitched to the qb he selects, assuming he picks him in rounds 1-3. dick/trent, volume II? lets hope not.

if we were to trade for kolb, whom the philadelphia enquirer reports the price tag has dropped as well, i may consider a second round selection. at 25, he has flashed incredible ability, but made some bad throws, as expected from a young qb. he scares me a bit, like rob johnson did, but a trade of #40 and maybe whitner for kolb would interest me, but i dount that would interest the eagles. certainly, one could justify #41 and whitner for kolb over any of these potential mcnabb scenarios.

i'd offer whitner and a 4th or 5th for mcnabb, and i would still draft a guy in rounds 1-3. philly wouldn't consider that either.

just wait around an grab whichever one of the three gets cut, reid knows he cant carry all three into the season, and his insinuation that he can is simply lip-service and smokescreens to maintain what little leverage the franchise has with vick/mcnabb. i really doubt kolb is going anywhere!