Gailey wants a Scat-Back.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion but I see him going no later than the third. He will be everything the Bills always hoped Roscoe could be.

I'd take him in the third. He had some solid games this year. 22-123 vs. Arkansas. 22-186 vs. Auburn. 24-148 vs. LSU...

oh and that's not to mention the 25-282 vs. Tennessee.

For those that will argue McCluster...I understand he had a few bad games this year too. But thats why he has Jackson and Lynch running before him if we take him

I'm a huge fan of McCluster. Could care less what his 40 times were at the combine, I watched a lot of him at Ole Miss and he is nothing short of dynamic. Would LOVE to ship out Lynch for picks, get Dexter in the 3rd or 4th round, and pair him with Freddy J for 2010.

The link focused on the need for a running back resulting from only having two on the depth chart. Lynch aint going nowhere.

how about spiller at 9....

:wallbash:

Mark it down - it's happening. All those in denial be prepared. That quote looks to me like Gailey was telling the reporter they need another back, then realized "Uh, oh, they might realize we want Spiller" and then added "but, there's a bunch of those guys..."

There are a bunch of water bugs, but there's only one Spiller in the draft, and he'll be a Bill after pick 9. :beer:

I'm a huge fan of McCluster. Could care less what his 40 times were at the combine, I watched a lot of him at Ole Miss and he is nothing short of dynamic. Would LOVE to ship out Lynch for picks, get Dexter in the 3rd or 4th round, and pair him with Freddy J for 2010.

the 40 thing could actually work out good for us- his stock will fall as a result of that time.

it's weird, though, because he plays way faster than what he ran in the 40

a scat back, in my eyes, is really just a luxury. we need to build in the trenches. lets get the big uglies this year. if we need more uglies next year, i say we get them before any scat backs again. no to the scat back and defininately no to culpepper. we've sucked for 10 years, why not take our lumps for a couple more years and build a contender... a scat back is a final piece, not a building block....

Mark it down - it's happening. All those in denial be prepared. That quote looks to me like Gailey was telling the reporter they need another back, then realized "Uh, oh, they might realize we want Spiller" and then added "but, there's a bunch of those guys..."

There are a bunch of water bugs, but there's only one Spiller in the draft, and he'll be a Bill after pick 9. :beer:

Absolutely could happen. The more I think about it, the more I get the sinking feeling that the Bills are going to push off OT help until at least the 3rd round.

Wouldn't it be hard to justify drafting a guy 9th overall who would share a role with 2 other guys on the roster, when we have full-time positions of need so readily available?

Besides, Lynch makes first round money...Jackson got an extension last offseason. Can they really afford to put more money in the position?

I think McCluster is much more realistic than Spiller.

I love McCluster. He made a lot of SEC defenses look silly this year and seems to be a fit for Gailey's offense.

Spiller is unreal and he does everything. He scores wherever he is on the field, he'll be worth 12 TD's in his first year. The reason why I wouldn't mind getting him is he has very little tread on his tire. He always split carries up until this year. It always made me crazy watching a Clemson game before Dabo took over because you'd only get Spillier in flashes. I remember watching the opener against Bama 2 years ago, I think he had 9 touches that game and thinking, they know what he can do right? Dabo takes over, Spiller has a monster year and Clemson is in the ACC championship. As many holes as the Bills have, it would be tough to be mad about getting Spiller.