Maybe the "brain-trust" goes WR early in the draft?

1B4IDie

This jumped out at me.

Receiver: The incumbents are Lee Evans, James Hardy, Roscoe Parrish and Steve Johnson. Those are the only receivers on the roster. The free-agent crop was thin this year, and the Bills have not hosted any free-agent wideouts yet. There is good depth in the draft. The Bills figure to be drafting some receivers.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/20/9942...ls-for-3-4.html

I like Steve Johnson, & Lee Evans.

Maybe Roscoe will get a chance to work the middle this season?

Hardy really needs to step up this season, I wish him the best, but I'm not holding my breath.

We don't even have a random special teamer WR to man the gunner spot on Special Teams.

If the Bills "brain-trustt" is smoke & mirrors with draft intel. You got to think there is a chance a WR is taken in the first 3 rounds.

Although maybe the "brain-trust" realizes the list of washout WRs is alot longer than successful WRs and will stick on building the interior lines of the team. You can pick up a recycled WR alot easier than most other positions.

Before you start with your poorly thought and negative response, please realize I'm not proposing the Bills take a WR early. I'm simply highlighting how thin our WR core is and the likelihood of a curve ball thrown by the "brain trust" to go WR

How about bringing in Javon Walker for a look? I heard him on Sirius radio, sounds like he's healthy and would work cheap. He's only 31, I think he could add something. No need to draft a WR that needs time to develop. If we did draft a receiver, Eric Decker if available in the 3rd round would be a great pickup.

I doubt the Bills would ever sign a guy with his character issues but isn't Terrell Owens available? He could play the No.2 WR behind Evans, take double team heat off of Lee and Lee will be great again. They will be the best WR tandem in the league, nobody in the NFL could rival our two starters.

Ooops. Already happened and Lee sucked.

I still think the Bills will wait until after the draft and then reassess who is out there on the WR market. I say the Bills still bring in a vet WR (not a big name) to compete with Johnson and Hardy. I say bring in a guy like Kevin Curtis who wont break teh bank (and yes I know hes coming off injuries) and make it an open competition for the number 2 spot.

Oh yea and release Roscoe he sucks

This jumped out at me.

Receiver: The incumbents are Lee Evans, James Hardy, Roscoe Parrish and Steve Johnson. Those are the only receivers on the roster. The free-agent crop was thin this year, and the Bills have not hosted any free-agent wideouts yet. There is good depth in the draft. The Bills figure to be drafting some receivers.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/20/9942...ls-for-3-4.html

I like Steve Johnson, & Lee Evans.

Maybe Roscoe will get a chance to work the middle this season?

Hardy really needs to step up this season, I wish him the best, but I'm not holding my breath.

We don't even have a random special teamer WR to man the gunner spot on Special Teams.

If the Bills "brain-trustt" is smoke & mirrors with draft intel. You got to think there is a chance a WR is taken in the first 3 rounds.

Although maybe the "brain-trust" realizes the list of washout WRs is alot longer than successful WRs and will stick on building the interior lines of the team. You can pick up a recycled WR alot easier than most other positions.

Before you start with your poorly thought and negative response, please realize I'm not proposing the Bills take a WR early. I'm simply highlighting how thin our WR core is and the likelihood of a curve ball thrown by the "brain trust" to go WR

Look how well drafting recievers high has worked for Detroit <_<

The more I read about Demaryius Thomas from Georgia Tech the more I like him. Seems like a freekish athlete. though not quite as freakish as Calvin Johnson. I think the athleticism will carry over to the field.

I am in a Dynasty Fantasy Football league, where you basically draft the players for life.

I've had my eye on Demaryius for the last 2 years. Dude is a freak.

He recently broke his foot so he is going to stay off most teams radar. If he were healthy for the combine he would be moving into the 1st instead he is sliding to the late second.

I really don't like rookie WRs missing practice time.

But the break happened in February and he supposedly will be ready for OTAs.

The team that drafts him will be getting great value in the late second.

1.09 Bryan Bulaga (or Highest rated OT)

2.09 Dan LeFavour

3.09 - Highest Rated player.

If Demaryius is there at 3.09 (unlikely) it would be a great value pick.

Teams that are serious about him would need to send them to their team Docs. The only thing worse than a gimpy WR is a a gimpy rookie WR.

(I'm considering drafting him in Dynasty League at 1.10)

Guest dog14787
I would say if something they like falls into the third round they maybe tempted

I agree, if something looks good middle to late rounds, I can see us going WR . Only problem with that is WR's normally take so long to become NFL ready we could be talking three years down the line before we can get any return back.

On the other hand because we are in a rebuilding mode, I could see it happening.

The more I read about Demaryius Thomas from Georgia Tech the more I like him. Seems like a freekish athlete. though not quite as freakish as Calvin Johnson. I think the athleticism will carry over to the field.

Big IF, but IF he is there in the 3rd round, I would think we take him in a second.

good news is there is no reciever worth taking at 9 and I get the feeling Buddy isn't going to reach. That said the early second round is going to be ripe with w.r so if that is the best value who knows ?

Just posted something similar over at BB.com. They have opened roster spots and have not filled it with a FA signing. I had just heard Mike Mayock talking about Thomas and how hard he may be able to evaluate due to his foot and the offense GT ran. The Bills might already think they have all the information on him that they need.

Two gaping holes and the least proven talent on the roster is expected to step up. Somehere in the first three rounds seems like a slam dunk. If they have a guy evaluated high enough on their board, I can see them taking him at 9 and then getting some of the big man depth in the subsequent picks. Get the 4th or 5th best tackle or the highest rated WR on their board?

I am guessing that Buddy goes front 7 on defense and OL on offense. As this is a 2 year rebuild, he can add receivers later

to compliment the current group. I could see taking a move the sticks type like Decker or Shipley if they are around after the 4th round.