Maybe the "brain-trust" goes WR early in the draft?

1B4IDie

This jumped out at me.

Receiver: The incumbents are Lee Evans, James Hardy, Roscoe Parrish and Steve Johnson. Those are the only receivers on the roster. The free-agent crop was thin this year, and the Bills have not hosted any free-agent wideouts yet. There is good depth in the draft. The Bills figure to be drafting some receivers.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/20/9942...ls-for-3-4.html

I like Steve Johnson, & Lee Evans.

Maybe Roscoe will get a chance to work the middle this season?

Hardy really needs to step up this season, I wish him the best, but I'm not holding my breath.

We don't even have a random special teamer WR to man the gunner spot on Special Teams.

If the Bills "brain-trustt" is smoke & mirrors with draft intel. You got to think there is a chance a WR is taken in the first 3 rounds.

Although maybe the "brain-trust" realizes the list of washout WRs is alot longer than successful WRs and will stick on building the interior lines of the team. You can pick up a recycled WR alot easier than most other positions.

Before you start with your poorly thought and negative response, please realize I'm not proposing the Bills take a WR early. I'm simply highlighting how thin our WR core is and the likelihood of a curve ball thrown by the "brain trust" to go WR

lets just worry about who is getting the recivers we already have the ball and if it is getting there efficently.

I kind of wish they'd just bring Josh Reed back for one more season. There doesn't seem to be too much in the way of demand for his services, so he'd be cheap. Work on a one- or two-year deal, keep him in the slot, and worry about it down the road.

One thing is for certain, the Bills need a play maker opposite Lee Evans. If Nix feels Dez Bryant is that guy, then I'd be all for it.

The Bills biggest current need in my view is at left tackle, once they address that position is linebacker and wide receiver. Some are saying they need a nose tackle, but both Kyle Williams and Marcus Stroud can fill that position IMO.

So for me the Bills could go #1 WR -#2 OT-#3 LB or any combination of those and still do well. #1 OT-#2 LB #3 WR is more likely given the fact they never did replace Jason Peters last season and the LT position is the most critical on the offense after QB.

if cody or a similar NT isn't there at 2nd-9, i could see us taking WR and liking it nice.

o/w LT in the 1st, NT in the 2nd, WR in the 3rd. considering maybin and schoble are OLBs now, we have 6 or 7bls at the moment and would do well just going for a converted DE or a big MLB in the later rounds.

I think we might be OK at RT, and good in the middle 3 if wood is back. a stud LT would round out or OL well enough for a good running game. our passing is gonna be all scheme and play action, and i still think we might get vick.