QB or Oline ..what really is the biggest problem??

I don`t think our o-line is as bad coming back this tear as one thinks.Look at Rodgers from Green Bay he gets wacked and sacked all the time. BUt still puts up big numbers. Big Ben in Pitt same thing.Manning in Indy quick release and smart makes his line look great. I saw Trent and Fitz have a decent amount of times passing this year. I mostly blame our O-stuggles on game planning and game time adjustments and poor QB play.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t think our o-line is as bad coming back this tear as one thinks.Look at Rodgers from Green Bay he gets wacked and sacked all the time. BUt still puts up big numbers. Big Ben in Pitt same thing.Manning in Indy quick release and smart makes his line look great. I saw Trent and Fitz have a decent amount of times passing this year. I mostly blame our O-stuggles on game planning and game time adjustments and poor QB play.

you cant be serious,really?

you do understand we have no LT i dont care who our qb is if we dont get a quality LT we are doomed.

you really think its ok to get wacked and sacked all day unreal. how long do you think the can keep getting hit until one of those hits finishes them off for the year.

really man i dont think you understand the game of NFL football!

Dick Jauron... is that you?

Some of us on the boards have been saying the line has been horrible almost as long as the Bills have been without a super star QB, if you don't believe us then listen to what the NFL analysts are saying, they have no O line and no QB...

Michael Lombardi has stated that no team can win with a bad O line, sacks don't necessarily mean a line is bad. Both the Packers and Steelers have far superior lines then the Bills, and suffered far less injuries.

Guest dog14787

Some folks just don't get it and they never will... :thumbsup:

If there's a silver lining with all the injuries, it's that the Bills should have a lot of experienced depth. Now, I didn't necessarily say GOOD depth, I only said EXPERIENCED depth, but experience is part of the mix in order to get better, so the depth should at least be decent this season.

O-line is the problem and I can prove it. Look how effective Fitz was when there was no pass rush, like in the Colts game. Give even a mediocre QB enough time and he can make plays. Add a decent running game to keep a defense honest and you really have something. I would put all our efforts into fixing the offensive and defensive fronts before I'd worry about a QB. There are a bunch of new, must-draft hypes every year.

PTR

Green Bay's o line improved significantly throughout the year last year. It was often cited as a major reason for them going from a very average 4-4 teams after 8 games to a playoff team at the end of the year.

That being said. I love the interior of our line assuming that Wood can come back healthy (which is a huge assumption). We have glaring needs at both tackle positions.

Green Bay's o line improved significantly throughout the year last year. It was often cited as a major reason for them going from a very average 4-4 teams after 8 games to a playoff team at the end of the year.

That being said. I love the interior of our line assuming that Wood can come back healthy (which is a huge assumption). We have glaring needs at both tackle positions.

Jeez, the MAIN reason Green Bays O line got better and they started to win more games was because LT Mark Tauscher returned from an Injury.

If he had come to Buffalo at that point the Bills would have improved also, as that position was a revolving door of players. I think it was 6 player changes at that spot alone.

My thought is that if we only could add one player either a LT or QB...I say add the LT! As bad as our QB situation is, we do have a quarterback that at times looks decent but just a stop gap (Fitzy), a quarterback that had some good games before his brain got scrambled twice, and Brohm...but what do we have at LT???

I'd take a LT at #9 and Edwards over Bell/NFL practice squad tackles and <insert 2010's most sacked QB>

wow not hard to figure out -QB. With an actual nfl qb our line would be okay

I love how Edwards was great until his concussion- look again we had a nice record but he only had a few good series in that stretch often hoping the D can hold him while he figures is out in the first half.

There is a reason Gailey has not already announced who the QB is going to be. If it was just the o-line like some on here want us to believe what would take so long in naming the quarterback- "not his fault" but upon further review he plain stinks.

See Fat men and Pretty boys for my complete opinion on this matter...we even go into comparing Franchise QB statistical seasons based upon OLine play and all the superbowl winners...

IT'S THE OLINE....THEY WERE THE WORST I'VE SEEN IN ALL MY YEARS WATCHING FOOTBALL...THE TACKLES...the guards were okay...the tackles couldn't even line up right...how many times did D Bell get called for lining up in the backfield????...then how many presnap penalties did they get????...CAN'T EVEN STAND STILL OR LINEUP...NEVER MIND BLOCK...THEY WERE COMPLETELY USELESS LAST YEAR....then the injuries...and picking up guys that didn't even know who the Bills were in week one, now starting for them in week six...it was ridiculous and anyone who says "they weren't that bad" needs to WATCH A DAMN GAME...they could of only been worse by sacking Edwards or Fitzy themselves

QB was by far the worst position on this team last year...case in point, even when the QB had time to throw our QB's failed captialized, especially Trent who played mostly in the early part of the year when the O Line wasnt as bad because we had not yet lost Wood or Butler to injury.

The O Line was not good by any means, but the QB play was atrocious even when the Line held up.

That being said, I am optimistic about both the O Line and QB position this year. Wood and Levitre will be better and I think Wood will be back in time and fully recovered. Butler reitiring hurts, by I think Meredith could be a solid player. LT is clearly the biggerst question mark and I hope to address that in the draft.

At QB I really think Brohm can and will win the starting job and I think he has a lot of potential. Not sure if he will be the starter week 1, but I do think he has the most talent of the QB's on this roster.

We will see how it plays out, but with the O Line likely better this year and the potential of Brohm, I think we should see nice improvements in both areas.

It's not an either / or proposition. Both areas need SERIOUS upgrades. However, it's easier to find quality OL than it is to find a legit franchise QB.

I don't know if Bradford or Clausen will be franchise QBs (let alone any of the others in this draft), but if the scouting department does, then they have to get the QB first. No matter what it takes.