Howard Simon is pretty lame

gomper

Boy oh boy. If Howard is many peoples pick for a good sports talk host than this city needs an education. Howard was a good balance when that maniac Dickerson was a ranting irrational idiot, but Howie is just so unentertaining that its painful.

Attempts at humor fail at once and his supposed "insights" are nothing more than the obvious generalizations I hear in the upper deck. By the way, whose the preschooler on with him?

Hey Howard, why dont you kill a few MORE minutes reading e-mails. Vapid and banal.

Boy oh boy. If Howard is many peoples pick for a good sports talk host than this city needs an education.  Howard was a good balance when that maniac Dickerson was a ranting irrational idiot, but Howie is just so unentertaining that its painful.

Attempts at humor fail at once and his supposed "insights" are nothing more than the obvious generalizations I hear in the upper deck.  By the way, whose the preschooler on with him?

Hey Howard, why dont you kill a few MORE minutes reading e-mails. Vapid and banal.

135342[/snapback]

I was able to catch Simon on the internet earlier this year. Didn't know anything about him (I've been away from upstate NY for over 18 years). All I knew is that he was talking about the Bills and being out here in AZ, any Bills talk was GREAT football talk. So I really can't say too much bad about the guy or too much in favor of him. I was just glad to hear Bills related talk.

Boy oh boy. If Howard is many peoples pick for a good sports talk host than this city needs an education.  Howard was a good balance when that maniac Dickerson was a ranting irrational idiot, but Howie is just so unentertaining that its painful.

Attempts at humor fail at once and his supposed "insights" are nothing more than the obvious generalizations I hear in the upper deck.  By the way, whose the preschooler on with him?

135342[/snapback]

Don't mess with Howard, he's everywhere!!!

135342[/snapback]

Ya God forbid someone who runs a talk show actually listens to what the fans have to say. <_<

Howard for office 08' :D

135342[/snapback]

If you want Color and great humor, Howard is not exactly...well he's not the other Howard...

Anyway, if you're looking for in depth Football analysis with a forward thinking slant and a great knowledge of The Bills...then Howard...Simon that is...is The Man!

To give you an example of how in tune Howard is, in the 1st Half of last Season Howard was bringing up the topic of whether or not the Bills should bring Bledsoe back in 2004...At the time it was almost unthinkable, even to me, that the Bills might be better off without Drew...But Howard flat out stated Bledsoe was no longer a Franchise QB, though he was getting Franchise cash...Howard was 3 Months ahead of the topic, and that's why he's one of the best...

I would not book him to do Stand Up, but he's a very good Sports Talk Host if you like straight forward info without the fluff... B)

I'd like to know what you consider a "good" sports talk host. Would you prefer those idiots in NYC who think the Giants and Jets are the best teams in the NFL. Howard is a blue collar guy who went to school here. Openly jokes about his non athletic ability and balding head. I've lived and traveled all over the United States and can say that Buffalo is lucky to have a guy like that. Put him next to Jimmy B and you can see how good he really is.

hey gomper, go !@#$ yourself

135538[/snapback]

Yep, here we go - Howard has always been a kiss-ass. Now more Buffalonians will realize that he is not the God-like creature that this board has made him out to be. Put him in any other radio market and he would not make it above intern!

Glad you brought up the topic; it'll give me a chance to say something I noticed about WGR after last week's Bil's victory.

Simon is OK, but the losers GR still has with them like Brad and jeremy and espcially Paul Hamilton have suddenly become cheerleaders. All they need are skirts. Obviouslt Donahoe has got to their bosses and the word has come down to not be as negative as the morning guys who recently got fired.

Hey, give me the Coach and Bob Gaughn anytime over a bunch of Jills pretending to be football commentators/reporters.

WGR continues to sink and I don't think Howard Simon has the shoulders to keep it afloat.

Yep, here we go - Howard has always been a kiss-ass. Now more Buffalonians will realize that he is not the God-like creature that this board has made him out to be. Put him in any other radio market and he would not make it above intern!

Howard has a good radio voice, but not in the morning. He has No Energy.

Jeremy belongs back with fellow demoralized democrat Brad K in the evening.

I would rather listen to Bulldog and Brad K in the morning, with Simon in the afternoon.

Schoop, should be on 2-6 am.

The only good move GR did this year was listening to the Hammer when I said bring in Sam Gash.

GR has made a lot of bad moves, including pissing me off in my parking lot,

including letting go of Ann, Bills beat repoter Chris Brown, whose integerty was Never questioned, and making hockey guy Paul Hamilton sound like he knows football! And love him or hate, the Man who sucked up to no one even if you were sitting under you desk in the fetal position sucking your thumb, the guy who made GR $$$$$ (go look at their book now), a sensitive guy in person ( I could tell you stories how he interacted with kids after remotes), Mr Football Knowledge on WNY radio Chuck "The Coach" Dickerson. God knows WNY radio needs him NOW!!!

I'd like to know what you consider a "good" sports talk host.  Would you prefer those idiots in NYC who think the Giants and Jets are the best teams in the NFL.  Howard is a blue collar guy who went to school here.  Openly jokes about his non athletic ability and balding head.  I've lived and traveled all over the United States and can say that Buffalo is lucky to have a guy like that.  Put him next to Jimmy B and you can see how good he really is.

135515[/snapback]

Agree, Howard (and the Buffalo sports personalities in general) crush the guys in Austin, TX.

Alot of this I think will come down to whether you are tuning in for Howard or tuning in for Howard talking about the product (the Bills, the Sabres, or general sports generally).

I assume some folks (probably a small number led by his wife and kids) worship him in some Howard Stern like way, but that has never struck me as Howard's strength and its not why I listen to him. The reason why I have enjoyed him a lot for several years was because he provided a thorough and often upbeat (though not cloyingly so as he recognized reality) assessment of the teams which I loved and rooted for (the Bills primarily because of the region and the Sabres a lot because of Empire.

I don't listen to WGR much at all because since the Coach days they have this schtick which they sell which generally I find of limited football interest and not entertaining for me. Fine, as I don't require the world to meet my odd desires and likes.

I'm glad for Howard because he seems to have found a steady gig and given that he has a family to provide for, adventure may be neat but a steady gig may be required. I'm sorry that the Simoncast did not provide that and I am curious whether it did not because there are too many costs and not enough income out there for an independent or because Empire had become such an abortion after the Rigas family stuck their fingers (tongues and butts) into the till.

What I'm curious about is whether WGR is still driven by the business of promoting the Coachesque schtick of warping reality to fit their sales, or whether there is some sense of reality (altered reality yes, but altered by our fanlike desire to see a win) to how he does his show.

I think the Bulldog and Mike Shoop were pretty good when they started but being on WGR really dragged them down and I hope the same does not happen to Simon.

135342[/snapback]

Some people in our society obviously need negativity or shock value to get their so called entertainment. GO watch your Brittney Spears and Justin Timberlake videos, maybe they will entertain you more.

Howard Simon is the king of sports talk compared to "Schopp and the Dope." Listening to the Bulldog on WGR post-game is downright embarressing! I wonder if his bosses ever make him listen to tapes of himself? His phony indignation is so misplaced. And he always makes points with incorrect information. He should try cracking a sports page once in a while.

PTR

Howard has a good radio voice, but not in the morning. He has No Energy.

Jeremy belongs back with fellow demoralized democrat Brad K in the evening.

I would rather listen to Bulldog and Brad K in the morning, with Simon in the afternoon.

Schoop, should be on 2-6 am.

The only good move GR did this year was listening  to the Hammer when I said bring in Sam Gash.

GR has made a lot of bad moves, including pissing me off in my parking lot,

including letting go of Ann,  Bills beat repoter Chris Brown, whose integerty was Never questioned, and making hockey guy Paul Hamilton sound like he knows football! And love him or hate, the Man who sucked up to no one even if you were sitting under you desk in the fetal position sucking your thumb, the guy who made GR $$$$$ (go look at their book now), a sensitive guy in person ( I could tell you stories how he interacted with kids after remotes), Mr Football Knowledge on WNY radio  Chuck "The Coach" Dickerson. God knows WNY radio needs him NOW!!!

135679[/snapback]

The Coach was the best!