The Council of Trent

In my opinion the way TE was twisted like a pretzel his flexibility saved him from more serious injuries that other QB's would have probably sustained. I'm actually surprised he got up off the ground and limped away from it.

You need to go take a look at the concussion again and also remember TE suffered two concussions in under 12 months.

You can spin it any way you want to, but Trent Edwards is not getting hit harder than any other QB or player today is.

Edwards has been consistently injured at the collegiate and professional levels. That's a trend.

He's fragile.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I watched it many times because it's astounding to me how it resulted in a concussion. A leg injury, sure. A concussion? His head hit the turf but his momentum was slowed by the twisting you mentioned that it wasn't a very hard hit in relation to other "big" hits in the game.

Certainly having 2 concussions in 12 months factored in. Once you have one concussion you're more likely to have a second. When you have 2, you're more likely to have a 3rd. All the more reason to call Trent injury prone. You're making my point for me. :worthy:

Again, I'm not bashing Trent. He cannot control his body's ability to prevent injury. I'm sure he stretches, lifts, runs and does all he can to strengthen his body and make it as resilient as possible -- but for some people, that's never going to be enough.

If TE played behind an O-line say like the Colts over the last three seasons do you honestly think we would even be having this discussion?

If TE played behind an O-line say like the Colts over the last three seasons do you honestly think we would even be having this discussion?

Yes ...we would...a good quarterback makes everyone around them better...Ever hear of a quick release? See Payton Manning.

Excuses? Who needs excuses considering the Bills horrible coaching, management, and the pathetic protection that has been given to the QB's lately.

Seems like its pretty obvious it would be impossible for any QB to succeed under the conditions TE has tried to play through.

My bad...poor Trent. I mean, they should of surrounded him with the perfect environment for him to succeed. This day in freeagency thats what every QB has right? I should of known...poor baby Trent...my bad.

Guest dog14787
Yes ...we would...a good quarterback makes everyone around them better...Ever hear of a quick release? See Payton Manning.

That's funny considering TE probably has one of the quickest releases in football with his arm speed clocked at 86 MPH.

I do. I really do. Because, my point is that he's injury prone. It's exacerbated by our poor O-Line play, but he's made of glass. He was constantly injured at Standford, in fact he only had ONE season in which he started 11 games.

Until he starts (and finishes) 16 games in an NFL season, he will always be a huge question mark. And you can't make someone who's constantly hurt your franchise QB -- no matter HOW good he is.

That's funny considering TE probably has one of the quickest releases in football with his arm speed clocked at 86 MPH.

OK then what is his excuse? I am sorry but I must of watched a different version of Trent Edwards last year...he showed me nothing.

Maybe I need to drink more when I watch him play, then maybe I could throw on the Rose colored Trent glasses and see the QB that all of you guys rave about...I really seriously must be missing something.

While you're at it throw JPs numbers in there. By the statistics you have chosen he was an even better choice than Edwards. The problem here is that we can't rely 100% on stats. Neither Edwards or Losman passed the eye test or the more important help their team to win test!!!! Edwards is, was and will always be a kitty, weak armed QB.

Okay, number one, those stats were not saying EDWARDS IS DEFINITELY GOING TO BE AS GOOD AS MONTANA...they were to iterate that the jury has to still be out...what I failed to mention is the good and bad QB's separate themselves from the pack during games 32-48...so until AFTER this season we shouldn't pull the trigger on Edwards...

To answer you.... J P Losman...completed less of his passes...had a 1000 yards LESS than Edwards...and had an interception percentage of 6 percent...so WHATEVER DUDE...after 32 games Edwards per attemps threw only 3 percent interceptions...and 1000 more yards after 32 games....take that how you want, but I think we pulled Losman a little early to...but when Edwards came in and did what he did, showed the cool calmness and intelligence he did...Losman knew just like we knew his days were numbered

Guest dog14787
I do. I really do. Because, my point is that he's injury prone. It's exacerbated by our poor O-Line play, but he's made of glass. He was constantly injured at Standford, in fact he only had ONE season in which he started 11 games.

Until he starts (and finishes) 16 games in an NFL season, he will always be a huge question mark. And you can't make someone who's constantly hurt your franchise QB -- no matter HOW good he is.

With all due respect I disagree, and if we really want to find out how good TE can really be, or any QB for that matter then we have to protect them better.

Also to address all the Tight End wishers...I believe that we have a guy in Nelson..if he can stay healthy we'll be alright...completely healthy Trent's game looks so much better with Nelson...

And as for him being "injury" prone because of his concussions...there have plenty of concussion QB's in the past that have done just fine...what makes him look like such a kitty is how they baby concussions now...so Jim Kelly and you fans can say all the things you want, but the docs don't clear them to play with concussions anymore...like when Aikman threw two td's and couldn't remember....or Kelly came in seeing stars and still won the game...THEY DON'T LET THEM ANYMORE...can't do nothing about that

Guest dog14787
OK then what is his excuse? I am sorry but I must of watched a different version of Trent Edwards last year...he showed me nothing.

Maybe I need to drink more when I watch him play, then maybe I could throw on the Rose colored Trent glasses and see the QB that all of you guys rave about...I really seriously must be missing something.

Everything is contingent to what goes on up front. The QB play was sub par because the O-line play was sub par.( putting it mildly) and thats without even getting into the horrible coaching/management.

I understand why folks are skeptical, TE has done nothing by way of proving himself and until he does I don't blame anyone for feeling the way they do.

With all due respect I disagree, and if we really want to find out how good TE can really be, or any QB for that matter then we have to protect them better.

But how can you honestly say, with a straight face, that he's NOT injury prone when he's never finished a season without getting hurt? Not even in college?

Guest dog14787
But how can you honestly say, with a straight face, that he's NOT injury prone when he's never finished a season without getting hurt? Not even in college?

By definition I suppose you have a point.

My point is without the proper protection you will get injured, so I suppose you could say any QB that plays the QB position in the NFL without proper protection, something TE by the way has never had throughout his career, is going to be injury prone.

Folks try to portray TE as a QB without balls and in my opinion TE's courage is what gets him hurt.

By definition I suppose you have a point.

My point is without the proper protection you will get injured, so I suppose you could say any QB that plays the QB position in the NFL without proper protection, something TE by the way has never had throughout his career, is going to be injury prone.

Folks try to portray TE as a QB without balls and in my opinion TE's courage is what gets him hurt.

Oh I don't think Trent is a coward. I agree with you that's a faulty argument. To me, Trent is just incapable of staying healthy for 16 games until he proves otherwise. But that has nothing to do with his courage or even his abilities as a QB in general.

People keep talking about being "injury" prone, but what they don't realize is these darn NFL doctors are all about not letting a player get into the game with "concussion like symptoms"...that means the games Edwards missed with his "concussion" was nothing more than "doctor's being precautious"...it getting ridiculous...back in the day these QB's could play through it and nobody would stop them...is Aikman braindead now?....how about Steve Young?...both played through many concussions...so YES O LINEMEN NEED TO BE PERFECT NOW...or your QB willllll miss time

Trent plays scared. Too much estrogen, too little testosterone. Too many checkdowns. He probably has a better arm than Fitz, but if he passes for -3 yards again on a 3rd and 13, I will probably drop this team until he is gone.

Trent came to Bills with a recommendation of the late great Bill Walsh & I will take his recommendation over any trigger happy Bills fan any day !! Besides i would like to see just how many check downs any one of us could throw let alone make with a Joey Porter or Turrell Suggs coming into our grill . The guy needs a decent OL before the jury can come in & if that means you or whoever else giving up on the Bills then so be it , but call it blind faith i'll be a Bills fan til the bitter end !!! :worthy: GO BILLS !!!!

So then Aikman was injury prone and Steve Young as well...both injury prone...and MULTI SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS...

And his arm strength is more than adequate...you guys are just hating on the poor guy becuase you're so starved for a championship that after two years you're ready to try and develop another guy for two years...throw him away...grab another for two years...then look back and say dang...we just wasted eight years developing...or should I say ruining guys careers because they can't win the SB in thier first two seasons...shall I go research them statistics for you?????

Yeah, I was comparing Clauson to Leaf and everyone jumped me lol...I was like, not that he will bust like Leaf, but all the reports coming from his teamates were oh, he's a great leader and it's confidence not an attitude problem...yet if you watch the pre draft interviews the similarities in mannerisms are creepy and he gives me that wierd...LOOK AT ME I'M A BUST feeling lmao...but like I said in the other post...I thought Manning would bust and Leaf would be the next Jim Kelly...woohoo

Clausen will be much closer to Leaf than Manning