I was at UF Pro Day

I made the trek up to the Swamp this morning to take a gander at the circus that had come to town. It was pretty interesting to see that many NFL personell guys in one place; the place was crawling. I'll keep it reasonably brief given this thing has already been beaten to death to a certain extent. My notes:

- Mike Holmgren is gigantic -- I mean truly a massive man. He was chatting it up with McShay and made Todd, appropriately, look like a leprechaun.

- Joe Haden seemed to run reasonably well. Although, as one scout in my area said, "it didn't look elite." My eye is not trained to this sort of thing, so take from that what you will.

- The same gentleman in my area claimed that he clocked Carlos Dunlap at a 4.58. I have no way of verifying that because I haven't seen an official time for him yet. But I can say that he was a very large man appearing to move at a far brisker pace than a person that size should.

- Spikes looked slow in the 40, and the times confirmed that. Honestly, that could be great for a team like the Bills. If his stock plummets, he could be an absolute steal in the 3rd round. Also, he is massive in person, and his beard is awe/fear inspiring.

- Tebow's delivery was notably more compact as reported. It still seemed like he dipped it a little when he fired on the out routes -- I assume this happens to him when he tries to ramp up the velocity at this point -- but it looked much better than before. I actually thought the ball was coming out of his hands really nicely. The zip was good and for the most part, he was throwing tight spirals. As has been the case most of his career, Tebow's deep ball was superb. He was dropping it all over the place down the field. Again, this isn't surprising; he's always been able to throw a great deep ball. The only area I would say didn't look very strong was the intermediate stuff. He wasn't missing receivers, but he wasn't exactly on the money like you would have liked to see.

- Tebow's two WR targets during the workout were Riley Cooper and David Nelson. These guys are both exceptionally large, physical WR prospects. I think Cooper ends up going in the third, and Nelson may have caught some people's attention given the physical shape he was in today.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are an NFL scout, news reporter, family member, or part of the college teams' program, if you attend a so-called pro day you are a loser.

Well, I live about 3 minutes from the stadium, so it wasn't quite a transcontinental journey. Some large segments of society would probably deem someone who has posted almost 900 times on an NFL message board a loser.

I guess it's all perspective, aye?

Well, I live about 3 minutes from the stadium, so it wasn't quite a transcontinental journey. Some large segments of society would probably deem someone who has posted almost 900 times on an NFL message board a loser.

I guess it's all perspective, aye?

dude, dont explain yourself to him. He is the loser!

Unless you are an NFL scout, news reporter, family member, or part of the college teams' program, if you attend a so-called pro day you are a loser.

Either you're joking or just being a jerk.

Like many I wouldn't mind Tebow as long as he's not one of our first 2 picks. Haden will be a beast he reminds me of Aeneas Williams for some reason and I've wanted Spikes here for a couple of years now. Dunlap I think is Derrick Harvey 2.0 JMO though. As far as Cooper and Nelson ehh. Hernandez is an interesting prospect at TE but I'm okay with Nelson.

Great. Another pimple faced troll typing hate from his mothers basement in his jammies with feet. :thumbdown:

why is that? i wish i lived close enough to spend some time at a pro day to see how players perform and hear what scouts are actually saying about players

some people happen to like football, this is no different then going to training camp or even an early spring training game