Syracuse football fans

Frez

This is not true. At least not yet. They would certainly not be told of their dismissal right after a 43-17 womping of a ranked Boston College team.

The team went a suprising 6-5 this year and is (for the first time since 1999) most likely going to be accepted to a bowl. I dont see him being fired.

This is not true. At least not yet. They would certainly not be told of their dismissal right after a 43-17 womping of a ranked Boston College team.

The team went a suprising 6-5 this year and is (for the first time since 1999) most likely going to be accepted to a bowl. I dont see him being fired.

135223[/snapback]

THEY LOST TO TEMPLE

Temple is so bad they are being kicked out of the Big East Football Conference next season. PP has been an absolute disaster, starting with the 50-0 loss to a vastly overrated Purdue team and culminating with the loss to Temple. It's time for him to go.

THEY LOST TO TEMPLE

Temple is so bad they are being kicked out of the Big East Football Conference next season.  PP has been an absolute disaster, starting with the 50-0 loss to a vastly overrated Purdue team and culminating with the loss to Temple.  It's time for him to go.

135350[/snapback]

Shall you point to the part in the post where I say they shouldnt fire the guy? I just said they wont.

But in all fairness they beat #19 Boston College and nearly beat Florida State in the dome earlier in the year. Two ranked teams.

Shall you point to the part in the post where I say they shouldnt fire the guy? I just said they wont.

But in all fairness they beat #19 Boston College and nearly beat Florida State in the dome earlier in the year. Two ranked teams.

135352[/snapback]

I don't care. He's had his chances to turn it around. It's been pretty pathetic since McNabb graduated and the M.O. every year is virtually the same. Get pasted early, lose to a couple of teams you shouldn't, beat a team or two you shouldn't, then hang around another season and do the same thing all over again.

B.C. is another vastly overrated team. I'd have loved to see them face Utah in a BCS Bowl. They'd have lost by 50.

While I would be okay firing Pasq. today IS NOT THE DAY, and this runmor posted that IS NOT TRUE.

Syracuse is tied for the big east lead. IF pit loses to south florida (unlikely, but aways possible), syracuse most likely goes to a BCS BOWL!!!!

A BCS Bowl. Yes you are reading that right. A flaw in the system allowing the big east to maintain an auto bid might allow syracuse at 6-5 to make a BCS Bowl.

Certainally Syracuse will not fire Pasq before the team plays in their bigest bowl game in years (if not ever). Expect this announcement, should it ever come, after syracuse plays in its bowl game this season, and certainally not before Pittsburgh takes on South Florida.

While I would be okay firing Pasq.  today IS NOT THE DAY, and this runmor posted that IS NOT TRUE. 

Syracuse is tied for the big east lead.  IF pit loses to south florida (unlikely, but aways possible), syracuse most likely goes to a BCS BOWL!!!!

A BCS Bowl.  Yes you are reading that right.  A flaw in the system allowing the big east to maintain an auto bid might allow syracuse at 6-5 to make a BCS Bowl. 

Certainally Syracuse will not fire Pasq before the team plays in their bigest bowl game in years (if not ever).  Expect this announcement, should it ever come, after syracuse plays in its bowl game this season, and certainally not before Pittsburgh takes on South Florida.

135361[/snapback]

Leading the Big East this year is like being the frosting on a turd. It ain't cake.

No, its not...but that doesnt change the fact that should the cuse go to a BCS bowl it will be the biggest game in at least recent history for them.

135365[/snapback]

I wouldn't call backing into a Bowl game they are likely to lose by 4 TDs a good thing. Although as PP's "cat like" existance has shown, they'll probably win the damn thing and he'll get ANOTHER season.

B.C. is another vastly overrated team.  I'd have loved to see them face Utah in a BCS Bowl.  They'd have lost by 50.

135355[/snapback]

Damn straight, AD.

GO UTES!!!

I wouldn't call backing into a Bowl game they are likely to lose by 4 TDs a good thing.  Although as PP's "cat like" existance has shown, they'll probably win the damn thing and he'll get ANOTHER season.

135366[/snapback]

LMAO - you MUST be a Bledsoe hater. One of those guys that if Bledsoe threw for 3 TD's and 0 Interceptions every game you would still hate him - just because you want to ...

"they'll probably win the damn thing and he'll get ANOTHER season"

HE DESERVES ANOTHER SEASON IF HE WINS THE BCS!!!!!

I was at the game yesterday. The way the team performed against Boston College, and carried Pasqualoni off the field on their shoulders when it was over told me alot. They want to play for this guy.

There's no excuse for the Temple loss, but I can't believe Jake Crouthamel would end his career at Syracuse by giving Pasqualoni the boot when the program is starting to turn itself in the right direction. This is a young team that has had problem with inconsistency all year, but they are playing in a bowl for the first time in 3 years.

Maybe I'm wearing orange-colored glasses today in the afterglow of yesterday's win. I'm not saying Syracuse should be happy with mediocrity from their football program, but maybe their fans and alumni should have more patience.

I was at the game too. Nothing like losing your voice chanting A-C-C and heckling BC fans in their own stadium. God I forgot what that felt like, heh. As for Coach P, he should be gone. With the AD retiring its a perfect time to bring in some new blood and revamp the football team. They've been bad since McNab, and even with McNab they underachieved and got absolutely SPANKED by Kansas State (?98) and Florida (?01) in their bowl games.

Time for some new blood. It's going to be difficult to compete with the better national programs especially with a watered down Big East football conference.

RunTheBall

LMAO - you MUST be a Bledsoe hater. One of those guys that if Bledsoe threw for 3 TD's and 0 Interceptions every game you would still hate him - just because you want to ...

"they'll probably win the damn thing and he'll get ANOTHER season"

HE DESERVES ANOTHER SEASON IF HE WINS THE BCS!!!!!

135401[/snapback]

You'd be wrong on pretty much every count in your post, but don't let that stop you from ignoring the facts.