George Wilson ranked as 4th best safety in NFL...

Big Turk

Wilson is ranked 4th behind Ed Reed, Kerry Rhodes and Nick Collins...

Wilson is also one of only 3 players to have green rankings(better than average) in pass rushing, coverage and run defense, and has the highest rankings of the 3...

He also has the lowest defensive passer rating against of any starting safety in the NFL at 20.8...

pretty amazing for a guy who didn't even start playing safety until a few years into his NFL career...looks like the Bills have a pretty freaking good safety tandem...

Poz is ranked as 7th best ILB, and the Bills recent signee, Andra Davis was ranked 5th...looks like we have a pretty good inside tandem there as well...Poz also had the best defensive passer rating against of any ILB in the NFL at 47.4

Kawika Mitchell and Ellison both suck, ranking 45th and 48th out of 53 OLB's. Bills best OLB was Brian Scott, ranking 19th in NFL, followed by Chris Draft.

Schobel was slightly above average but Denney and Kelsay sucked badly, ranking 67th and 71st out of 73

Kyle Williams ranked highly at 13th best DT, including above average rankings against the run, but Stroud finished a sucky 84th out of 87 finishing dead last against the run by a mile out of all the DT's in the NFL..wow...

Edwards and Fitzpatrick finished 26th and 25th respectively, but at least they beat out Matt Cassell.

As if we didn't already know, Buffalo's tackles suck bad. Chambers, Scott and Bell finished 109th, 111th and 126th out of 129 players at tackle. The only pretty decent tackle we had according to them, Brad Butler, who finished a respectable 20th, retired. Two recent high draft picks took 1,2 as Joe Thomas was the highest rated tackle by a mile over Jake Long, who finished 2nd.

Levitre and Wood weren't as good as we thought, as they finished 65th and 74th out of 84 guards. Hangartner was 27th out of 34 centers.

Stupar was the teams best TE, ranking 17th in the NFL, although Schouman would have been ranked 11th in the NFL if he had enough snaps. Looks like he could be a player to watch perhaps...

Wilson is also one of only 3 players to have green rankings(better than average) in pass rushing, coverage and run defense, and has the highest rankings of the 3...

He also has the lowest defensive passer rating against of any starting safety in the NFL at 20.8...

pretty amazing for a guy who didn't even start playing safety until a few years into his NFL career...looks like the Bills have a pretty freaking good safety tandem

Say what you want to about Jauron, but he is a great job of defensive backs. He should thrive in Philly in that role.

is this based of facts or your opinion, i think ed reed is the only 1 out of your top 3 that is worthy.. kerry rhoades was benched midway through the year and collins isnt in the top 3

based on Pro Football Focus' grading of every player on every play with the same methodology...

Pro Football Focus

pretty amazing for a guy who didn't even start playing safety until a few years into his NFL career...looks like the Bills have a pretty freaking good safety tandem

Though i believe that Wilson is a very solid safety in the nfl it should be noted that this source is purely based on statistical averages and is misleading and inaccurate. Guess who is ranked 17th in their RB rankings... Peterson!!?? And (apparently) ahead of the 17th best rb in the league is brian leonard the 3rd string rb from cinci :ph34r: . Oh and it also says that david garrard is better than tom brady and Rivers is the best qb in the league :wallbash:

... But even so Wilson had a very good year last year and should be considered a top 15-20 safety in the league if not higher. Clearly better than the infamous "lil donte"

Say what you want to about Jauron, but he is a great job of defensive backs. He should thrive in Philly in that role.

No question about it. I think that is his specialty and I think he used to be a safety so he's got a lot of experience.

Though i believe that Wilson is a very solid safety in the nfl it should be noted that this source is purely based on statistical averages and is misleading and inaccurate. Guess who is ranked 17th in their RB rankings... Peterson!!?? And (apparently) ahead of the 17th best rb in the league is brian leonard the 3rd string rb from cinci :ph34r: . Oh and it also says that david garrard is better than tom brady and Rivers is the best qb in the league :wallbash:

... But even so Wilson had a very good year last year and should be considered a top 15-20 safety in the league if not higher. Clearly better than the infamous "lil donte"

I'm not saying the player ratings are good or bad. Your criticism of their rankings is certainly valid. But I think you are not understanding the work that Pro Football Focus does. By their own description:

"For every game we analyze and grade every player on every play to provide you with the most in-depth statistics you can find anywhere outside the team's film room."

So the "statistical averages" you speak of are compiled from a review of game video.

Like I said, I'm not familiar with this site.

A valid criticism/question would be whether the analysts have legitimate credentials for grading players and/or whether or not they use replayed games from the TV networks or actual game tape. But I like the fact that they at least breakdown every play of every game, for every player. Must be a labor of love.

WRT, Woods and Levitre, these guys were rookies last year on a team with a revolving door at both tackle positions. I think they'll prove themselves to be good pros.

I dig Wilson's competitiveness. But he obviously isn't a top-3 Safety.

While no position should be judged by stats alone, Safety is one position where stats really don't tell the story.

You're right, there are some anomalies as with any ranking system, but for the record, Adrian Peterson sucked the second half of the season. (Im not saying he sucks, but his numbers sure did) As for Garrard and Brady, it's not saying one is better than the other, just outlining statistical rankings to be considered in the big picture.

looking at our TEs, would you trade our 3rd pick for Olsen. The pundits all have him wanting out of Chicago now that Martz is there. Bears want a 2 apparently, but ours is a fairly high 3. Young guy, not a great year last year relative to expectations with the Cutler signing. IMO, we will not be able to draft a TE with his proven skills and potential for a 3 so I would do it. A good pass catching TE would help the QB and OL situation. Is Nelson the answer? I don't know one way or the other. Just throwing it out there.

How sad is it that this clown was the head coach for almost 4 years, got a contract extension near the end of his term and can't even get a job as a coordinator somewhere. Shows what the rest of the league thinks of him.