Nice job by our Front Ofiice.

Dude, the Davis signing is to replace Mitchell who will be cut by draft day. Ain't nothing different.

I agree with you on one point. I think Mitchell's less than disappointing play, might be coming to an end in Buffalo. I believe Davis was brought in to start, Michell will take issue with that, which is why I can see him getting released.

I agree with you on one point. I think Mitchell's less than disappointing play, might be coming to an end in Buffalo. I believe Davis was brought in to start, Michell will take issue with that, which is why I can see him getting released.

Actually Veek is posting about he's excited to have another Florida boy in the LB core...so I doubt that's going down the way you say it is...

Veek was a monster in NY when they Blitzed him...he's a beast and in a 3-4 he could play outside and be just as effective as any other OLB...he's a OLB to begin with and has great pass rushing ability...I don't see why everyone is hating on this guy...I think moving him to inside pigeon holes his ability to get after QB's...ask Brady about that ;0)...he'll thrive in a 3-4...especially now that we can have Poz and Davis inside...then we only have one OLB to worry about with Maybin stepping up and performing hopefully...Shobel if he comes back as well...so...I don't know why everyone is counting Mitchell out...he's a boss hog...he's a beast...he's a dog...he's a goon...he's a goblin...

People are talking a lot about size, and I think it's important too, but I worried about Buffalo's defensive pass rush. If/when Schobel retires, where is the rush going to come from? The Bills haven't brought in any FAs who can bring pressure and if they draft LT, QB and NT early in the draft there will be no help there either.

I think they'll put an emphasis on drafting a guy to rush the passer somewhere in the first 3 or 4 rounds. I wouldn't be shocked to see them take one in the 1st or 2nd if the value was there.

exactly... unless we decide to use Kawika outside but he seems wayyyy to slow. maybin is the wild card. if he has speed (liek they all say) and can learn to cover he might be a huge assett at OLB. but i think mitchell's days are numbered. be nice to get a 6th or 7th for him

He's going to stay on the roster. We need depth and I don't buy that the new regime is comfortable with Ellison being first off the bench as ILB. Mitchell has value and has played ILB in the 3-4 before.

I'm not disagreeing with you CB, but care to back up that statement (bolded)?

I'm trying to think of defensive players who have left Baltimore and all I'm coming up with right now is Jim Leonhard and Bart Scott, both of whom played well last year. Sam Adams still had some good football left in him when he left B'more...

The big one that comes to mind is A Thomas to NE. McCalster too possibly, but he might have retired. Other than that, they usually re-sign their own players.

I'm not disagreeing with you CB, but care to back up that statement (bolded)?

I'm trying to think of defensive players who have left Baltimore and all I'm coming up with right now is Jim Leonhard and Bart Scott, both of whom played well last year. Sam Adams still had some good football left in him when he left B'more...

Adalius Thomas, Ed Hartwell, Wil Demps, Gary Baxter (injuries so it's not totally fair), Duane Starks. That said, for the most part, those guys signed pretty sizable contracts. Edwards looks pretty reasonable for a starting DE in the NFL. If his injury holds up, it should be a very solid signing.

exactly... unless we decide to use Kawika outside but he seems wayyyy to slow. maybin is the wild card. if he has speed (liek they all say) and can learn to cover he might be a huge assett at OLB. but i think mitchell's days are numbered. be nice to get a 6th or 7th for him

Mitchell was our best LB'r before he got hurt. In fact he was the only LB who ever had any success a applying pressure on the QB on a Blitz. he has that turn sideways and knife through the line move

Mitchell is not going anywhere. Starting OLB just like past seasons and depth at ILB. He can play either spot. No reason to let him go. Good to have players who can play multiple positions.

Dude, the Davis signing is to replace Mitchell who will be cut by draft day. Ain't nothing different.

My strong sense is that rather than deep disappointment in his play the Bills staff likely judge 09 as a season cut short by an early season injury rather than as being disappointed in Mitchell's play.

This is an extremely young team and like it or not Mitchell is I think the only athlete on this team who played a key role on an SB winner.

Particularly with the heightened value to us on an LB with the switch to a 3-4 I think it is really doubtful they cut Mitchell.

I think they'll put an emphasis on drafting a guy to rush the passer somewhere in the first 3 or 4 rounds. I wouldn't be shocked to see them take one in the 1st or 2nd if the value was there.

He's going to stay on the roster. We need depth and I don't buy that the new regime is comfortable with Ellison being first off the bench as ILB. Mitchell has value and has played ILB in the 3-4 before.

I'm thinking we finally have a linebacking core again! Why would we get rid of mitchell?

Starting

Rolb-Mitchell (Back up -Kelsey)

RILB-Poz (Digeorgio sp I know)

LILB-Davis (Ellison/Harris)

LOLB-Maybin/Schobel (Draft pick)

This looks solid like the good ole days when we were rich with linebackers. We are a nose tackle away from being a top 5 "D" at least on paper.

I sure hope so. Frankly, I after LT and QB it looks like our greatest area of need, IMO.

I think Buddy Nix is doing a good job with what he has to work with. (Ralph)

I like both these signings, they have upgraded the roster without going crazy with the money.

Davis, Edwards will start . If they can get Cody in the draft I think we might have a decent D.

Why would you care? Ralph can afford it and the guy will be cut if he can't play. The least of our worries is Ralph's rather large wallet. We need to make the playoffs once.

The rationale has been explained multiple times earlier in the thread. I don't care about Ralph's money. He's been willing to pay the wrong players in the past and overpaying for marginal talent or unmotivated players doesn't get the Bills closer to the playoffs.

What it does is leave the team in the same pathetic state, with increased ridicule from the rest of the league, and less willingness to throw cash at deserving players on the roster.

I like the Davis pick and price. I'd like to see the numbers for Edwards.

Why do people just parrot things?

NFL Teams Total Payroll

NFL Oakland Raiders Team Salaries $ 152,389,371

NFL Dallas Cowboys Team Salaries $ 146,401,600

NFL Minnesota Vikings Team Salaries $ 133,354,045

NFL Cleveland Browns Team Salaries $ 131,916,300

NFL New Orleans Saints Team Salaries $ 131,531,820

NFL Pittsburgh Steelers Team Salaries $ 128,815,061

NFL Tennessee Titans Team Salaries $ 126,017,443

NFL Arizona Cardinals Team Salaries $ 122,110,110

NFL Jacksonville Jaguars Team Salaries $ 122,109,207

NFL Chicago Bears Team Salaries $ 120,065,819

NFL San Francisco 49ers Team Salaries $ 118,766,239

NFL New York Jets Team Salaries $ 116,910,097

NFL St. Louis Rams Team Salaries $ 116,677,660

NFL New York Giants Team Salaries $ 115,816,180

NFL Miami Dolphins Team Salaries $ 114,649,660

NFL Buffalo Bills Team Salaries $ 113,364,927

NFL Carolina Panthers Team Salaries $ 112,114,711

NFL Washington Redskins Team Salaries $ 111,963,684

NFL San Diego Chargers Team Salaries $ 111,813,340

NFL Cincinnati Bengals Team Salaries $ 109,727,880

NFL Philadelphia Eagles Team Salaries $ 109,557,398

NFL Houston Texans Team Salaries $ 108,445,418

NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Salaries $ 104,329,311

NFL Seattle Seahawks Team Salaries $ 102,985,710

NFL Atlanta Falcons Team Salaries $ 96,391,525

NFL Detroit Lions Team Salaries $ 95,827,117

NFL Denver Broncos Team Salaries $ 95,599,778

NFL Green Bay Packers Team Salaries $ 94,018,300

NFL Indianapolis Colts Team Salaries $ 93,373,915

NFL New England Patriots Team Salaries $ 92,734,120

NFL Baltimore Ravens Team Salaries $ 90,713,965

NFL Kansas City Chiefs Team Salaries $ 83,623,776

This list is rediculous. No way Washington's salary ranks this low. They hand out fortunes to long snappers.