Fitzpatrick

dailar

Because Trent is the better QB. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just in Bills-suck denial and looking for a scapegoat. Fitzpatrick won a single game for us on a single prayer that he threw down the field. He did not make another outstanding pass, and in fact, pretty much every ball he threw looked like a wounded duck. He was the recipient of a few lucky breaks which had nothing to do with QB play that allowed us to steal games we should not have won. Fitzpatrick is probably the worst professional QB I've ever seen play a down in my life. Does he have heart? It appears so. Does he have even a modicum of NFL caliber talent? No. And even a banged-up, concussed TE still post better per game statistics and a higher passer rating. So I'm really not sure why you even bother to ask such an inane and obvious question.

Just because he looks better dropping back a few steps and has a quick release doesnt mean he's the better QB. He can't read defenses, he's scared and doesnt feel the pressure and get out of dodge very well. I hate Fitz. But at this point, I think he gives a team a better chance then Trent, jmo

I know everyone is down on him but just watching him running out front for jackson he certainly has heart. you think if the bills address the O-Line we can actually stick with him next season? When given time he looks solid enough. No doubt I will get harrassed for this :thumbsup:

He flat sucks.

What a choice. One guy is scared to throw the ball but can. The other likes and will throw the ball and is smart but has no arm. I'd go with Brohm and take a chance at this point.

what he said.

I know everyone is down on him but just watching him running out front for jackson he certainly has heart. you think if the bills address the O-Line we can actually stick with him next season? When given time he looks solid enough. No doubt I will get harrassed for this :thumbsup:

NO NO HELL NO> HE does not even belong on our roster and certainly should not have been signed last year. He was only brought in o build Edwards Confidence so Edwards wouldnt feel he had any competion for the spot becuase face it FItzy his a 3rd thringer at BEST!!!!!!!

He sucks. Time to move on.

Good thought but I think is ok at best. I too thinkk he has heart and a is a great underdog story coming from Harvard but unfortunately his arm is pretty weak and he is really inaccurate at times. I see him more as a 3rd string guy than even a second string QB.

Fitz is the class of the 3 QBs we have on the roster right now. If we did nothing, I'd be for Coach Gailey designing up an offense around him. He's not accurate and erratic, true. But he's got the fire to win. That's important. In that Indy game, yeah we were playig chumps, blah, blah, blah, but he played great in the blizzard. Can you honestly see Trent doing that? He didn't even look cold.

Put him in there, throw some screens, run the freakin' football, throw some 10-15 yard passes which he seems to be good at and Trent sucks at coupled with an aggressive improved D and we could battle it out for the last playoff spot into mid December.

If we don't get another QB, unless Brohm sets the world on fire during pre season, this is my stand.

Fitz is the class of the 3 QBs we have on the roster right now. If we did nothing, I'd be for Coach Gailey designing up an offense around him. He's not accurate and erratic, true. But he's got the fire to win. That's important. In that Indy game, yeah we were playig chumps, blah, blah, blah, but he played great in the blizzard. Can you honestly see Trent doing that? He didn't even look cold.

Put him in there, throw some screens, run the freakin' football, throw some 10-15 yard passes which he seems to be good at and Trent sucks at coupled with an aggressive improved D and we could battle it out for the last playoff spot into mid December.

If we don't get another QB, unless Brohm sets the world on fire during pre season, this is my stand.

I agree with you. Fitz is a gamer. Edwards is not. And we know nothing about Brohm. With a revamped O line (that means having TWO OT that belong in the NFL, and a gameplan that belongs in the NFL, I think Fitzie can be reasonably successful. While his accuracy is pretty poor, the guy is not afraid and will do what it takes to win. Watch the 4th quarter of the Dolphins home game last year. He played well. Jauron and Van Pelt had no idea how to run an offense. With some real coaching Fitzie has some potential. Besides who else are we bringing in?

We have to draft a LT with our first pick. Maybe a QB later rounds? But I don't think that will be out Fitzie.

I love Fitz' attitude and would be very content with him as a backup for a long time. I find it hilarious the anger people have at Edwards. He was a 3rd round pick and probably could be a great backup QB for a long time as well. Frank Reich was a 3rd rounder. I could definitely see Trent having that type of career.