Pacquaio vs Clottey

el Tigre

Anybody else watch the fight last night? If not,you didn't miss much. Totally one-sided,domination by Pac. A lot of my buddies think he's dirty (PED's),they say he won't take the blood tests to fight Mayweather cuz he says he's afraid of needles yet he's got multiple tats. I think there's a little more to it than that (timing of blood samples etc.)but they have a point. If he's clean,what's he afraid of? I love to watch Pac fight but I've never seen a small guy carry his punch as he gained weight the way he has. And I've been a big-time fight fan since the 70's. I hope it doesn't turn out that he's been cheating. Anybody got an opinion??

Anybody else watch the fight last night? If not,you didn't miss much. Totally one-sided,domination by Pac. A lot of my buddies think he's dirty (PED's),they say he won't take the blood tests to fight Mayweather cuz he says he's afraid of needles yet he's got multiple tats. I think there's a little more to it than that (timing of blood samples etc.)but they have a point. If he's clean,what's he afraid of? I love to watch Pac fight but I've never seen a small guy carry his punch as he gained weight the way he has. And I've been a big-time fight fan since the 70's. I hope it doesn't turn out that he's been cheating. Anybody got an opinion??

he would take the tests per boxing rules, just not as close to the fight as Mayweather wanted.

The fight last night was a waste of an hour. Worst fight ever. Paq shouldn't have to succumb to Mayweathers requests. Boxing has its own testing in place. Use the same testing that EVERY OTHER match uses. If they decide to change boxing overall testing so be it. Til then, he shouldn't have too. I just wanna see them go at by any means necessary. It WILL happen. Floyd needs the money.

The fight last night was a waste of an hour. Worst fight ever. Paq shouldn't have to succumb to Mayweathers requests. Boxing has its own testing in place. Use the same testing that EVERY OTHER match uses. If they decide to change boxing overall testing so be it. Til then, he shouldn't have too. I just wanna see them go at by any means necessary. It WILL happen. Floyd needs the money.

But I thought MONEY is his middle name.

FWIW I think Manny is hiding something.

He's dirty. Most of them are.

One of the main downfalls of the sport. Throw in fixes, years between good fights, and the lack of a true championship system (How many bodies have their own championships now?) and you can see why the sport has faded from the mainstream. Paying $80-120 per pay per view for a crappy boxing match hasn't helped either.

One of the main downfalls of the sport. Throw in fixes, years between good fights, and the lack of a true championship system (How many bodies have their own championships now?) and you can see why the sport has faded from the mainstream. Paying $80-120 per pay per view for a crappy boxing match hasn't helped either.

$80-120? wow, is that really what you pay? HD is 59.99 HD 49.99 non HD for me

$80-120? wow, is that really what you pay? HD is 59.99 HD 49.99 non HD for me

wasn't specifically naming the price, but I've seen fights charge excessive amounts like that. I think tyson v. mcneeley was in the 80s at the time.

I think Mayweather will beat Mosley in a fight that will resemble Mayweather - De La Hoya.

Then it will be clear the next fight for both of them should be Mayweather - Manny.

I still think Mayweather has the better overall boxing skills and footwork, but Manny's no slouch and he has better power than other fighters Mayweather will have fought recently.

I'll reserve final judgement until the Mosley fight, but for now my slight edge goes to Mayweather.

Would be a great fight, I think.

if asked directly, yes i think he is on PEDs.

but i need to clarify that with stating that i believe EVERY athlete in EVERY sport is on some kind of PED.

If there were substances out there that would make me do my job that much better and easier, I'd be taking them. so would most of you. heck, i cant even FUNCTION at work without some coffee beforehand. You could argue that that is a PED.

I dont necessarily excuse them, but i dont sweat it anymore since everyone is using them.

For what is currently being tested, I think Pacquiao is clean. Who knows what new "Balcos" are out there. It's hard to believe this rumor gained traction when it all stemmed from a statement made by Floyd Mayweather Sr, one of the biggest nutjobs in a sport full of clowns.

Pacquiao's hand speed is ridiculous and he consistently beats opponents with his superior skill. He has stepped into the ring with fighters who are naturally 10-15 lbs bigger than he is, and they look it. Pacquiao is just a supremely skilled fighter, and he wins with tenacity, not a lucky haymaker.

He agreed to fight Mayweather, with blood testing up to a month before the fight, and then a blood test immediately after the fight, along with any and all random urine testing multiple times per day, every day. Mayweather orginally agreed to this, and then required that the Olympic protocol be used, which would require a blood test 48 hours before the fight. Pacquiao is squeamish of needles and drawn blood, and did not agree to this stipulation.

In my opinion, two points:

1. Pac should've just agreed to the Olympic testing. If it's true than drawn blood can have repurcussions- fatigue, etc.- it would be the same for both fighters. His refusal allowed for Mayweather Sr's off-the-cuff comments to gain traction.

2. Mayweather and/or his camp do not think Money May can beat Pacquiao.

FWIW, it's hard to imagine Pacquiao juicing without trainer Freddie Roach knowing about it. And for some reason, I can't see Roach- himself a posterboy of the dangers of boxing- giving his fighter PED's and overextending him, just to win a few belts. Roach seems well aware that life is more than a title bout.

Also FWIW, I think the fight will happen. As always in boxing, follow the money. I think it would be a great fight, and I don't think Money May could pick his spots against Pacquiao like he's used to doing. Mayweather is so used to having a speed and footwork advantage, and plays supreme defense with his movement. But Pacquiao can match his speed and quickness, and is always looking to go on the attack. In a close fight, the aggressor almost always wins.

I think Mayweather will beat Mosley in a fight that will resemble Mayweather - De La Hoya.

Then it will be clear the next fight for both of them should be Mayweather - Manny.

I still think Mayweather has the better overall boxing skills and footwork, but Manny's no slouch and he has better power than other fighters Mayweather will have fought recently.

I'll reserve final judgement until the Mosley fight, but for now my slight edge goes to Mayweather.

I agree on all points,except I give the slight edge to Manny. I agree Mayweather is probly the better pure boxer but I give it to Manny based on aggression and punching power. I think Pac wins a close decision in a fight that reminds us old-timers of Duran-Leonard 1.

I believe Manny. I have no reason not to. Wild speculation does not equal evidence. Mayweather is to blame for the showdown not happening. Manny was ready to go. Mayweather came up with a stupid request outside the normal rules late in the game. I think Floyd is scared.

I believe Manny. I have no reason not to. Wild speculation does not equal evidence. Mayweather is to blame for the showdown not happening. Manny was ready to go. Mayweather came up with a stupid request outside the normal rules late in the game. I think Floyd is scared.

+10000000

Manny has stated he'd give blood immediately after the fight. It's well known in boxing that Pacquiao doesn't feel well after giving blood. Manny's loss to Eric Morales was partially attributed to that and Manny went on to whip Morales twice after that fight. It hass little to do with testing and alot to do with Floyd's ducking and dodging. Floyd has been ducking Manny for years now and it has gotten to the point where he can't just ignore him anymore. Manny is one of many really good fighters Money May has avoided like the plague. He should be fighting guys like Williams, Berto, Pacquiao, and Cotto but instead we get Baldomir, a washed up De La Hoya, an over the hill and overmatched Gatti, Hatton, and handful of other fighters that offered very little risk.

Don't get me wrong, Floyd is supremely talented but his career path is about money and self promotion. The fans have yet to see Floyd in the ring with a hungry and up to the task opponent and it's not because they don't exist. Floyd is the best example of why boxing is ruined. He is an amazing fighter and his career has been a sham. The average fan doesn't realize that so many great fighters have remained unknown because the sport is so corrupt. Nobody in boxing wants to see the cash cow that is Mayweather, taken apart by an animal like Andre Berto. That is why we are getting to see Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins fight as geezers and not in their prime. Roy Jones beat Hopkins when they were at the beginning of their careers and used that as an excuse to never fight him again despite the fact Hopkins went on to be undefeated for 12 years. It's a joke.

I agree on all points,except I give the slight edge to Manny. I agree Mayweather is probly the better pure boxer but I give it to Manny based on aggression and punching power. I think Pac wins a close decision in a fight that reminds us old-timers of Duran-Leonard 1.

I just think that Manny will bring out the best in Mayweather, and he will fight the fight of his life. Right now I'd say Mayweather doesn't have the power to hurt Manny, but I think going into it he'd find a way to elevate himself. At the end of the day that's really what I'm "banking" on ... Manny getting Money Mayweather off the dollar signs and digging deep for that extra strength and skill to take the fight. Manny on the other hand, I think we already have seen his best -- which is great -- but I just don't see him finding more or changing his style further.

I just think that Manny will bring out the best in Mayweather, and he will fight the fight of his life. Right now I'd say Mayweather doesn't have the power to hurt Manny, but I think going into it he'd find a way to elevate himself. At the end of the day that's really what I'm "banking" on ... Manny getting Money Mayweather off the dollar signs and digging deep for that extra strength and skill to take the fight. Manny on the other hand, I think we already have seen his best -- which is great -- but I just don't see him finding more or changing his style further.

I agree completely Joe. Even though I just ripped into Mayweather's body of work, he's still a supreme talent. I think he has the power to hurt Manny too.

Truthfully, I think this could be an epic fight. Manny's quickness and style will force Mayweather into action and both guys are capable of hurting the other. In the end I believe Mayweathers defense would be the difference. I see Mayweather landing cleaner shots and avoiding the huge punch.

..... of course nobody applie pressure like Pacquiao and i wouldn't put any money on this fight.

I agree completely Joe. Even though I just ripped into Mayweather's body of work, he's still a supreme talent. I think he has the power to hurt Manny too.

Truthfully, I think this could be an epic fight. Manny's quickness and style will force Mayweather into action and both guys are capable of hurting the other. In the end I believe Mayweathers defense would be the difference. I see Mayweather landing cleaner shots and avoiding the huge punch.

..... of course nobody applie pressure like Pacquiao and i wouldn't put any money on this fight.

Manny does a good job with his footwork of keeping guys in front of him so he can attack straight on. But I think Mayweather really excels at lateral movement and can frustrate Manny some here.

I'm curious though, what makes you think Mayweather currenly has enough power? If he has a weakness currently I'd say it's lacks the big shot of a Manny

Manny does a good job with his footwork of keeping guys in front of him so he can attack straight on. But I think Mayweather really excels at lateral movement and can frustrate Manny some here.

I'm curious though, what makes you think Mayweather currenly has enough power? If he has a weakness currently I'd say it's lacks the big shot of a Manny

I agree with the footwork part and I am a real believer in Pacquiao's pressure. For these reasons, I would think Mayweather would have more fight on his hands than he likes. Mayweather doesn't have one punch KO power but when he is forced to mix it up a little, I think he has shown the ability to get the TKO. I'd say he has decent power but great combinations and angles. In his fights that have been decided by TKO, it's always the same story. Floyd is pressured into mixing it up or he feels no threat and goes in for the kill. It's the shot his opponent doesn't see coming that gets them and then comes the flurry.

Manny's power is the ultimate equalizer. A fighter like Manny always has a chance and he is going to be handful early. I wouldn't be suprised to see Mayweather lose the first couple of rounds and then settle in. Manny has been prone to knockdowns in his career and he has been knocked out a couple of times as well. Mayweather's not likely to knock him out but a TKO is possible.

I think we will have our answer fairly early. Can Mayweather take Manny's punch? If so he stays on his game and beats him with superior boxing. If not, then Manny is going to wear him down and Mayweather's feet are going to slow down.

I want to see how Mayweather handles a fight with a figher who has equally fast handspeed as he does......

I think Mayweather will run from Manny all night