Schobel update -- still undecided.

So, if Schobel does retire, we need to acquire a starting DE, WR, and RT along with a slot WR, to just get back up to last year's talent level, right?

We needed a true starting DE the past couple of years. This year is no different!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We needed a true starting DE the past couple of years. This year is no different!!

It's a LOT different. Changing to a 3-4 means Schobel moves to OLB plain and simple. Aaron Kampman couldn't make the switch in GB with a good DL, so AS making a move like this isn't something I'm sure he's crazy about.

and finally, rather than starting a new thread, because that's all that people do here when a splinter of a thought jumps into their head, something struck me when reading through all the speculative posts that have come out of late. (as opposed to all the speculative posts that came out last summer when the bills were supposed to land Michael Vick; or the speculative posts that came out from November-January in regards to the bills landing Cowher; or the normal speculative posts that have the bills packing up and moving to toronto and l.a.)

but i digress.

the splinter of a thought that struck me this evening was this:

given how everyone has just about traded the entire bills roster for second-round picks this draft, i'm wondering if any other team will have any second-rounders left at this point?

and of course knowing some people on this board, most if not all the bills selections will be criticized as reaches.

just a thought.

jw

and finally, rather than starting a new thread, because that's all that people do here when a splinter of a thought jumps into their head, something struck me when reading through all the speculative posts that have come out of late. (as opposed to all the speculative posts that came out last summer when the bills were supposed to land Michael Vick; or the speculative posts that came out from November-January in regards to the bills landing Cowher; or the normal speculative posts that have the bills packing up and moving to toronto and l.a.)

but i digress.

given how everyone has just about traded the entire bills roster for second-round picks this draft, i'm wondering if any other team will have any second-rounders left at this point?

and of course knowing some people on this board, most if not all the bills selections will be criticized as reaches.

just a thought.

jw

how about a third round pick ?

but i digress.

just a thought.

jw

What, other than a lot of accurate history, makes you believe that. :wallbash:

It's a LOT different. Changing to a 3-4 means Schobel moves to OLB plain and simple. Aaron Kampman couldn't make the switch in GB with a good DL, so AS making a move like this isn't something I'm sure he's crazy about.

actually this article sounds like he would enjoy the switch to OLB, but he admits doing it earlier in his career would have been better...

Schobel, who sees himself as an outside linebacker in such a system, believes he would’ve been pretty successful as a player in a 3-4 system earlier in his career.

“I feel I could’ve been a more productive player in the 3-4 just based on the fact that all through school I played well as a standup pass rusher,” Schobel told Buffalobills.com “I feel I can cover well. I could be used in more situations.”