Peter King - Racist comments

In Mr. King's MMQB column he stated if Ben Roethlisberger is at fault he needs to grow up. This was of course on page four of his column. A two time SB winning QB is accused twice of sexual assault and he "needs to grow up". There is no other way to describe how the media is treating this story other than pure racism. I am white and I can see it. Marshawn Lynch is a "thug" because he had a gun is his car. How many Bubba's down South have a frickin gun rack in their truck. San Diego trades away Cromartie because he has 7 kids - all by consensual sex. Larry Johnson makes some anti-gay slurs and he is vilified/suspended. All black, all non-crimes or minor at worst. If you are white and a QB apparently 20 year old girls are pieces of meat. Peter King has a daughter for Christ sake. I loathe Michael Vick but as others have said before he would have been better off commiting rape than killing a dog. Unless of course it was a white girl. In which case in Atlanta he would have been lynched.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Mr. King's MMQB column he stated if Ben Roethlisberger is at fault he needs to grow up. This was of course on page four of his column. A two time SB winning QB is accused twice of sexual assault and he "needs to grow up". There is no other way to describe how the media is treating this story other than pure racism. I am white and I can see it. Marshawn Lynch is a "thug" because he had a gun is his car. How many Bubba's down South have a frickin gun rack in their truck. San Diego trades away Cromartie because he has 7 kids - all by consensual sex. Larry Johnson makes some anti-gay slurs and he is vilified/suspended. All black, all non-crimes or minor at worst. If you are white and a QB apparently 20 year old girls are pieces of meat. Peter King has a daughter for Christ sake. I loathe Michael Vick but as others have said before he would have been better off commiting rape than killing a dog. Unless of course it was a white girl. In which case in Atlanta he would have been lynched.

Agreed. Tired of it from both ends. Whether it's stereotyping that whites are possesion receivers or that Toby Gerhart might need to move to H-back or FB. etc. this ignorance gets old. If Big Ben was black he would be the worst scumbag in this country and talk shows... not just sports talk show, would be wanting his head on a platter. And Al Sharpton would be defending his actions. WELL DONE !!

Wipe your p.

Stop whining about racism. You sound like a sniveling little btch.

I take it all back - Ben's attorney said he didn't do it.

Same attorney that got Ray Lewis off for murder.

Why was Ben's old attorney good enough for the Nevada case but now he needs a new criminal lawyer for the case in Georgia???

lynch had loaded concealed weapons

you talk about stereotypes, then say this, ignorant is an understatement.

you obviously haven't been to Hotlanta

and finally, vick wasnt put in jail for killing dogs, he was sentenced to federal prison for owning and operating an illegal multi-state gambling operation. Although tyson got more time for rape

I think that the line between journalism and talking heads has become blurred. King is a journalist, like him or not. No real journalist would use terms like "thug" to describe Marshawn Lynch, Mike Vick or anyone else. Those terms are used by non-journalists, and sports talk radio guys...you are falling into the same trap, with your own description of the situation.

I think our interpretation of what journalists write is actually pretty fugged up most of the time, and interprited with our own feelings on the situation. I don't think King would be saying anything different about Roethlisberger if he was black. There has been a allegation made, no crime has been proven as of yet. He is merely saying, just the fact that Roethlisberger is in this position, once again, shows, at the very least, he is immature, and lacking in judgment.

Vick was convicted of a crime that he admits to having committed. Larry Johnson's offenses were made on his twitter page...for all the world to see, no denying what he said. I am not saying there isn't a double standard on display at times, but lets' not label Peter King a racist, or Roethlisberger a rapist, until we have proof. You are letting emotions cloud the issue...

You are the racist one, because you see everything that happens as a result of race.

King is reacting to the fact that all we know is that in neither case has he been found guilty, nor even charged. King is essentially saying "Stay out of night clubs, because bad things happen there" and that is a non-race-based observation. If he gets charged in either case, he'll catch much more feces. If he's found guilty, he'll be in a feces-storm

That's the way it happens for everybody.

Oh, and Lynch isn't a thug because he had a gun in his car. Lynch is a "thug" (your word) because he broke the law. The Bubbas with gun racks aren't breaking the law ... this ain't rocket science.

I noticed the same statement in King's column and it also stuck in my craw, not for racism reasons, but because it shows how entitled athletes are in this society. "If Big Ben is at fault, then he needs to grow up." Uhh, no, Peter, if Big Ben did what he's accused of, Big Ben needs to go to jail.....

lynch had loaded concealed weapons

you talk about stereotypes, then say this, ignorant is an understatement.

you obviously haven't been to Hotlanta

and finally, vick wasnt put in jail for killing dogs, he was sentenced to federal prison for owning and operating an illegal multi-state gambling operation. Although tyson got more time for rape

I was just in Tennessee and , apparently, it is legal to carry a concealed weapon...even in a BAR. I don't fault Lynch or Plaxico for their "crimes". Who did they hurt?

Ben? Good post. This guy might be the devil, but certainly appears to have the benefit of the doubt on his side.

I was just in Tennessee and , apparently, it is legal to carry a concealed weapon...even in a BAR. I don't fault Lynch or Plaxico for their "crimes". Who did they hurt?

Ben? Good post. This guy might be the devil, but certainly appears to have the benefit of the doubt on his side.

himself.

He jealous of the black race! We are the best football players.

I take it all back - Ben's attorney said he didn't do it.

Same attorney that got Ray Lewis off for murder.

Why was Ben's old attorney good enough for the Nevada case but now he needs a new criminal lawyer for the case in Georgia???

Gotta share the love

I was just in Tennessee and , apparently, it is legal to carry a concealed weapon...even in a BAR.

The law was repealed, it was too vague due to the fact quite a few bars were passing themselves off as restaurants

Peter King is a racist? I'll add him to the long list of TSW's proven racists. At least just what I can remember over the last year.

1. Anyone who thinks Marshawn Lynch is a problem or used the word "thug" to describe him.

2. Anyone who thinks Michael Vick is a problem or used the word "thug" to describe him.

3. The cops that arrested Donte Whitner and tasered him.

4. Every cop that has ever been mentioned in OTW or in general the whole profession.

5. Anyone who has ever questioned James Hardy and his maturity.

6. Buffalo's suburbs.

7. All of the Bubbas down south.

8. Anyone who has ever supported a conservative.

9. The majority of the media.

10. The majority of universities.

11. The military.

12. Hollywood

13. Anyone who wasn't on board with the TO signing.

14. Ralph Wilson

15. Peter King

16. Anyone who doesn't feel bad for Tiger Woods.

17. Anyone who doesn't like Kanye West.

18. Anyone who hasn't come foward and acknowledged Roethlisburger's guilt.

19. Canadiens

20. Bill Cosby

This is all I can remember. If you fall into any of these categories go ahead and punch yourself in the face, you are a no good racist.