Why are so many people assuming....

Don't try to talk common sense. That ain't so common in these parts. People would rather whine about everthing they

know about or don't know about and put down their own city. Let the grown people have the conversation and leave the criers to themselves.

Dag nab it!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

that the bills will be " one of the worst in the league" or " awful to watch" or " horrible" etc.. I have read so many threads and comments that the bills will be horrible next year that it is actually starting to piss me off a little. If you have no optimism or passion, then please don't waste your time watching this team, and posting threads on a buffalo bills fansite.

Let's see? They have been awful for the better part of the past decade, have done nothing to improve other than signing a coach that nobody else in the NFL would have hired. They did pick up Kelsay's bonus, there is a start (sarcasm intended). Their #1 and #3 receivers from last year are gone and not replaced. The team isn't even looking at free agents. There is no salary cap which means that there is no minium that Ralph has to spend-he is loving that. We had the worst offensive line in the NFL last year and probably our best lineman might never play again (bad enough that a rookie IS your best OL). Along with the Raiders, we have the most disfunctional team/owner in the NFL. Sorry if it pisses you off, but then do all facts piss you off? These are just a few reasons to assume that the Bills will continue to be awful to watch/horrible. This isn't a reality TV show, it is real life in the NFL, so get used to it or continue to live in your dream world.

We were 6-10 and in most games. You people talk like we were 3-13 and getting blown out every week. Believe me I understand your frustration I am frustrated as well. Who has been signed that would have improved this team without mortgaging the future. Do you guys want one good year or a good 5-10 years. I talked to a high ranking official in my church today and he reminded me that patience is one of the most importabt qualities we have. We make less mistakes this way, problems are resolved instead of being compounded.

After a decade of disaster, ONE good year would be a major improvement and a pleasant change. You talk about patience, Bills fans might be the most patient in the league, a decade of sucking, bad ownership, cheap ownership and the stadium still gets filled up on sundays, that is patience.

I am 37 years old and have a Bills fan for at least 30 years....Over the past decade this team has made the same mistakes over and over again. Slowly every year my optimism and passion slips a little more with every poor decision they make. First of all the team and its owner needs to show some passion and desire to win, and once I see that , they will get that from me again....

I am tired of supporting a bunch of losers ( the Bills) for the first time in 30 years I am just about fed up...

that the bills will be " one of the worst in the league" or " awful to watch" or " horrible" etc.. I have read so many threads and comments that the bills will be horrible next year that it is actually starting to piss me off a little. If you have no optimism or passion, then please don't waste your time watching this team, and posting threads on a buffalo bills fansite.

actually that's what I did last season before the season started I decided that the Bills were not making much of an effort to be competitive so put no effort in to watching them, meaning if they were on and I had nothing else to do I watched- I did attend the Cleavland game but that was only because it was totally free and they fed me large amounts of delicious food and beer- I came back to the board with a new name after the season was over, I'll follow the off-season and see what direction the Bills are headed (it doesn't have to be perfect but it does have to be a competent good faith effort) I'll know pretty much by the second preseason game- If this makes me a bad fan I don't care I refuse to be yoked unevenly to a team by some kind misguided one sided loyalty.

What do you mean we are not getting reinforcment? Buddy, its only been three days into free agency, and theres still over a month until the draft.

So what exactly has occurred that should create optimism?

You are wasting your time trying to reason with these people. I posted something similar awhile back about all the negativity being boring and I got hammered. They just don't get it. I wasn't saying that people don't have the right to complain and I don't think you were either. What I was getting at was that criticizing every single thing that the team does or doesn't do gets annoying and boring.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but it almost seems like most of these people actually hate the Bills, which in my opinion does not make them "fans", but more like "critics". I don't understand or agree with some things the team has done either, but I try to hope for the best, rather than always predict the worst. I don't think any of us can say for sure that we absolutely know what the right moves are and we all certainly are entitled to our own opinions, but just remember, they are just that, opinions and no one person's is worth more than someone else's.

I'm not talking about blind optimism. I'm just saying that as fans we all want the same thing. We want the Bills to win. So when offering criticism, maybe offer an alternative suggestion. Just saying "The Bills suck and they will continue to suck." isn't very interesting to most people.

So what exactly has occurred that should create optimism?

To keep hope alive, I for one cling to, and rejoice in the fact that Levy and Jauron are gone. They were SO bad in terms of building and coaching a football team, that I can't even imagine this regime being any worse.

So your position is such that it is better to sit silently and smile like a "differently abled" person as the team you are passionate about continues to resonate with failure? Your solution is not to demand better and cry foul where appropriate, but muffle the voices of reason…Mein Fuehrer would have been proud of you.

As a fan, one should be allowed to complain when the team is doing nothing to improve it’s position in the ever changing NFL. Do you really think the wheels of positive change are in motion at current? Honestly – in the place where your heart of a Bills fan beats and what you know of the modern day NFL and what takes to succeed come together – do you think things are continuing to progress giving us what it is going to take to compete? I myself do not, however, I have for the past 3 years come to the realization that the Bills organization no longer (1) has what it takes to succeed and (2) will not have the needed chutzpa until the Ralph sells or passes. It’s an unfortunate truth, but a truth none-the-less.

Unpopular as it might seem – the best thing for the city of Buffalo and those long suffering is if some white knight would swoop in and take the team to LA. At least the animal we know as the Buffalo Bill’s would have a chance to run free and perhaps compete for something more that a top 5 draft choice and allow the good people of WNY to get on with their lives, rid the political landscape of the corruption that plagues WNY and help the region to find it’s badly needed new identity. .

Stay passionate my friends.

You are wasting your time trying to reason with these people. I posted something similar awhile back about all the negativity being boring and I got hammered. They just don't get it. I wasn't saying that people don't have the right to complain and I don't think you were either. What I was getting at was that criticizing every single thing that the team does or doesn't do gets annoying and boring.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but it almost seems like most of these people actually hate the Bills, which in my opinion does not make them "fans", but more like "critics". I don't understand or agree with some things the team has done either, but I try to hope for the best, rather than always predict the worst. I don't think any of us can say for sure that we absolutely know what the right moves are and we all certainly are entitled to our own opinions, but just remember, they are just that, opinions and no one person's is worth more than someone else's.

I'm not talking about blind optimism. I'm just saying that as fans we all want the same thing. We want the Bills to win. So when offering criticism, maybe offer an alternative suggestion. Just saying "The Bills suck and they will continue to suck." isn't very interesting to most people.

What he said. +1

What do you mean we are not getting reinforcment? Buddy, its only been three days into free agency, and theres still over a month until the draft.

hmmm..he's really kicking ass in free agency. The only movement i'm seeing in free agency is bufflao bills getting out of buffalo as fast as they can. Kelley Washington is a real stretch. We weren't in the running for Dansby, who would have been a major contribution, and a nice major target in free agency. If the bills are going to keep from getting worse (and they already are not very good) they ahave to keep their best players, get a QUALITY free agent or even two and go into the draft with a strategy to fix the offensive line. Having a private workout for Tim Tebow? WTF. I say this with the firm belief that Tebow will will almost certainly be a very good nfl player at tight end or h back, and the possibility that he will eventually be good at qb. He is not a pick for us at 9, and frankly we don't have the luxury of taking a chance on him. I'm not going to be too pessimistic when we haven't even gone through the draft yet. I think there is an opportunity to get better sooner rather than later if we are smart in the draft. Their really should be some action in free agency and trades. Gaither from the Ravens is an obvious target if the right deal can be worked out.

Well I don't think we could be any worse on offense.... I think we'll actually be better- Gailey is an offensive mind and has a reputation of adapting the system to the guys he has. We won't be firing our OC right before the season starts and should at the least get some depth on the OL. My concern is on defense........ we couldn't stop the run last year but were good against the pass. I'm all for the switch to the 3-4 however, it might take a year for the change to really work as the guys adapt to it and we get the proper players in that are suited to the 3-4.

I'm not concerned about free agency. I mean seriously, who has been signed at this point that we could've really used? There were no big time LT's or OL's available, No big time NT's available, NO big time QB's available so I can see why we didn't sign anyone right off the bat.

I'm hoping we draft well and get some immediate contributors. At the least I hope we take an LT or someone solid at a position of need in the first round rather than a DB or RB with 3 torn ligaments or a DE built like a WR.....

I'm just hoping we're competetive next year even if we don't win a lot of games. If we're in most games, our Offense has a pulse and we actually stop the run I'll consider it progress and look forward to the future......

that the bills will be " one of the worst in the league" or " awful to watch" or " horrible" etc.. I have read so many threads and comments that the bills will be horrible next year that it is actually starting to piss me off a little. If you have no optimism or passion, then please don't waste your time watching this team, and posting threads on a buffalo bills fansite

It's called reality. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and the handling of this team has made it not only the laughingstock of the league, but even worse, irrelevant. When you look at the current composition of the team and the choices of coaches (mostly monor league), there is no hope. I count at least 11 holes in the team including the most important one, QB. They have put themselves in a terrible position, especially given that the other 3 teams in the division are competently run organizations. It will take at least 3 years for this team to even start to think about playoffs, which assumes that all of the right moves are made during that time. Given the their poor track record, if you even believe that, I have some land in the 9th Ward in New Orleans that I'll sell you.

When this sad sack of a franchise starts to show that they are competent, then the fans will come around, but until then, I think everyone sees the Bills for the joke of the franchise that they are (sad, very sad).

Because the only accepted form of outlook here on the tsw is a negative one. Never mind that the collected we have relatively now clue about what the plans are or what it takes to make those plans work. It is clear that the organization has taken a new road this off season, and to me, at the very least it is refreshing and reason enough to have some optimism.

On Saturday I had a debate with someone on here about this and it turned into a debate on everyone knew Donte was a bad pick, and every one wanted Ngata. Every one knew Donte was a reach and he has been disappointing. The threads he sighted though were hardly ALL for Ngata. Selective memories. And I was a Ngata guy. And to make matters worse, I'm pretty sure Lori jumped on me too. Dosn't give me too much hope for my 'make tsw more positive campaign.

New regime=clean slate. They have not even had an off season workout and have been declared losers by the losers here.

So your position is such that it is better to sit silently and smile like a "differently abled" person as the team you are passionate about continues to resonate with failure? Your solution is not to demand better and cry foul where appropriate, but muffle the voices of reason…Mein Fuehrer would have been proud of you.

As a fan, one should be allowed to complain when the team is doing nothing to improve it’s position in the ever changing NFL. Do you really think the wheels of positive change are in motion at current? Honestly – in the place where your heart of a Bills fan beats and what you know of the modern day NFL and what takes to succeed come together – do you think things are continuing to progress giving us what it is going to take to compete? I myself do not, however, I have for the past 3 years come to the realization that the Bills organization no longer (1) has what it takes to succeed and (2) will not have the needed chutzpa until the Ralph sells or passes. It’s an unfortunate truth, but a truth none-the-less.

Unpopular as it might seem – the best thing for the city of Buffalo and those long suffering is if some white knight would swoop in and take the team to LA. At least the animal we know as the Buffalo Bill’s would have a chance to run free and perhaps compete for something more that a top 5 draft choice and allow the good people of WNY to get on with their lives, rid the political landscape of the corruption that plagues WNY and help the region to find it’s badly needed new identity. .

Stay passionate

Agree totally

Unpopular as it might seem – the best thing for the city of Buffalo and those long suffering is if some white knight would swoop in and take the team to LA. At least the animal we know as the Buffalo Bill’s would have a chance to run free and perhaps compete for something more that a top 5 draft choice and allow the good people of WNY to get on with their lives, rid the political landscape of the corruption that plagues WNY and help the region to find it’s badly needed new identity.

This is the most ridiculous of all opines, the best thing for us is to lose the team?? Surly that would fix the inferiority complex WNYers have.

The animal we know would not roam free, it would cease to exist. And no one would move on, we still incite the name of TD, and dwell on the loss of Polian 15 years ago. Losing the team would be catastrophic for most fans.

Finally, how on earth would this "rid the political landscape of the corruption that plagues WNY? Our new Identity? That ghost town you drive through on your way to NF Canada? For reals yo! You all need a valume.

I predict the will go to the Super Bowl! unfortunatly this is my prediction every year. In the past 30 years I have been right 4 times.

THIS BILLS TEAM HAS BEEN ALMOST UNWATCHABLE THE LAST 4 YEARS. AND THIS COMMENT COMES FROM A 45 YEAR SEASON TICKET HOLDER.THEY LACK TALENT PURE AND SIMPLE. THE LACK OF ANY MOVEMENT IN FREE AGENCY IS DISCOURAGING . THEY SAY THEY HAVE A PLAN , BUT ALL THEY HAVE DONE IS CUT PAYROLL. WHEN DO THEY GET SOME TALENTED FOOTBALL PLAYERS? THIS IS FRUSTATING.