individual workout for tebow

playman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida QB Tim Tebow's March 17 pre-draft workout will be unscripted, meaning he'll make any throws NFL evaluators ask of him.

Tebow also revealed that he's lined up individual workouts for the Seahawks and Bills after the Gators' Pro Day. Tebow has been working to learn both the numbered, Coryell-type offensive system and the West Coast scheme since the end of the college season. Currently a second- to third-round prospect, he may have the most to gain or lose of any prospect at his Pro Day.

2nd round!

If anyone can change, Tebow can. If we could get a decent vet in here and let Tebow sit for 2 or 3 years I say go get him in the 2nd. The only problem would be the pressure (media, fan) to play him in would be absurd. The second the vet throws a pic the crowd would be clamouring for Tebow and he's just not going to be ready. Tebow is special though and it wouldnt shock me if he becomes a good QB 5 years from now.

Anything but 4th round or later.........PASS.........

Even that may be early for a guy that can't read a defense and has a questionable arm. Been through too many of this guys, lately.

I cant see why everyone hates him so much. If he can fix his throwing motion from his Jan bowl game to his March pro day (I am speaking hypothetically), then think of how good he will be in 3 years. The dude is too good to fail. He has every single thing going to for - everything you cannot teach. throwing motions you can teach.

And to the thought that he cannot make a read. Floridas system is very complicated and advanced. The step from that sytem to a pro one is not as great as one might think - evidenced by Percy Harvins and Louis Murphys productive rookie seasons. Now dont get me started on the reads he had to make running the ball.

i don't care where they take him. if there's one thing i hate in real life, it's a bible-thumping proselytizing douche bag like tebow. but this ain't real life, it's football, and he's going to be the best and most successful qb in this class by far.

he is not going to last until the 2nd round and i won't be upset at all if the bills take him at 9. besiedes, he can't suck any worse than our last 10 or so first-rounders.

if he proves he can make a transition, im willing to give it a look. honestly, if in 3 months that he had been using for 10 years and totally remade his motions, id like to give him a shot. i dont see the other QBs going out of their way to change their glaring flaws before getting drafted. half of them cant read a defense. tebow worked his butt off to ready himself. on a side note, i hate him. i dont think hell make a good NFL starter, but hes honestly willing to work this hard, then this is a guy i want on my team.

The more I think about this...and the more I think about Chan Gailey's success with scrambling, wacky QBs...this might actually happen.

Assuming Tebow can succeed only as a 'system' QB, it pegs Tebow's success to the presence of Gailey doesn't it ? If Gailey is gone in a few years, we will be left with a QB we invested a lot in with little to show for it. If we are going to invest a high pick in a QB, it should be for one who can succeed in multiple systems.

The more I think about this...and the more I think about Chan Gailey's success with scrambling, wacky QBs...this might actually happen.

He isn't even fast or elusive enough to be a "scrambing, wacky" QB in the NFL, unless you consider QB sneaks and straight ahead draws "scrambling".

I cant see why everyone hates him so much. If he can fix his throwing motion from his Jan bowl game to his March pro day (I am speaking hypothetically), then think of how good he will be in 3 years.

So let me get this right. He didn't bother to 'fix' his throwing motion in four years of college, but he's going to do so in eight weeks all by himself (no need for practices or games) and then the Bills are going to spend a 2d round pick and Presto! his new throwing style is going to make him a great NFL QB.

It's amazing what people are able to talk themselves into. :beer: