Friday Seattle v Buffalo predictions?

ICE

I'm under the impression that you are currently very drunk.

Since this is typed out, I can't really say it any slower. So please read this slowly.

I think Bledsoe is a much bigger problem that our OLine. Our Oline is not great (like I've said 100 times). But there are plenty of teams who have a line about as good as ours, who's QB doesnt get sacked 50 times a season. We need a QB who is mobile (not Doug flutie or Mike Vick mobile, but enough to get the hell out of harms way). Bledsoe doesn't have that - at all.

You people who B word about the Oline don't realize that first, it takes time for them to gel. Their job is more complex than "stop the guy in front of me". They have schemes and plays just like everyone else. Even if it was EASY to just replace 5 players (which is NOT, its easier to replace the QB) the new unit would SUCK because they would take time to gel.

The oline isnt perfect, but there are QBs who could work with them, ESPECIALLY WITH A RB who has 4 of 5 games at 100 yards.

133931[/snapback]

Good points.

Sue, what you are missing is that this line, while not good, is playing 10 times better than they did last year. Drew is getting time to throw but he is missing targets (throwing high or too low). It's as if he is EXPECTING to get hit when no one is around. I don't blame the guy, he has been sacked more than any other QB in the game today. He is just gun-shy.

No honest observer of this team this year can put this team's failures soley on the OLine. If anything, this unit has improved from one week to the next...even Mike Williams who we all love to hate around here.

Are they superstars? No. But you don't have a RB get 100 yards 4 out of 5 games without an adequate OLine. And in reality Drew has not been sacked very much at all during these last 6 games (anyone know how many? I am thinking like 5 tops). Yet he has still struggled at times with accuracy and poise in the pocket.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did mention other areas that need attention. Secondary, Oline, possibly DE and TE.

133945[/snapback]

Our secondary is not that big a problem. Remember we have the 4th ranked D. With Vincent coming back next week, it will be even better. Taking Reese out of the starting lineup was already a big plus. And McGee will be a good CB.

Remember that our starting TE caught 3 TDs last week. But you can´t be a good TE when your QB doesn´t have a clue. Bledsoe is the team´s weak link.

I'll stick with what I picked earlier in the week. The Bills, if nothing else through the law of averages, will win on the road sooner or later. Why not now?

You beat me to it, BiB. The Bills and felons are the only two teams without a road win (ugh!). The law of averages finally catches up to the Bills and they win.

I'm going to call for a Bills win on the road.  The Seahawks are frauds and if Hasslebeck sits, all the Bills D has to do is stuff the box to stop Alexander.   

Buffalo 31

Seattle 17

134144[/snapback]

Stuffing the box to stop Alexander is big mistake. He has had a lot of success turning broken plays into long TD runs. If he breaks through a hole at the line when the Bills are in an 8 or 9 man front, he's gone.

you're all crazy.

This is a road game.

Seattle 27

Bills 3

And then we can FINALLY stop hearing about "playoffs" and get JP some real experience, so next year we aren't going in with a Rook.

133772[/snapback]

Agreed.

Now I cannot see the Bills winning this week. I the beginning of the week I did, but you hear things about Seattle isnt that good, they are overrated, watch out fr buffalo by dr. z....watch Seattle play a great game.

Seattle 23

Buffalo 13

Let the J.P. Era commence

I'll stick with what I picked earlier in the week. The Bills, if nothing else through the law of averages, will win on the road sooner or later. Why not now?

Bills 27

Seattle 20 (with 7 points off a Bledsoe interception).

134121[/snapback]

I will say this IF we were to win this year on the road, this would be the best possible game to do so.