How abot this plan?

Trade this years 2nd round pick and next years second round pick for Donovan McNabb.

Trade #9 to Houston for #20 and #51 (or someone around the same area).

Draft (based on the updated Walterfootball.com mock):

20 Mike Iupati G/T Idaho

51 Brandon Spikes ILB Florida

71 Torrell Troup NY UCF

104 Jason Fox OT Miami

5TH CJ Wilson DE East Carolina

6TH Tyler Sheehan QB Bowling Green (my sleeper QB prospect)

7TH WR

Free Agents:

Antonio Bryant WR

Depth

Biggest issue is how the OL would shake out. I don't see a veteran who could come in and play LT unless we go for C. Clifton but he has lost a lot recently. Some options are:

LT Clifton

LG Wood

C Hangartner

RG Levitre

RT Iupati

LT Levitre

LG Wood

C Hangartner

RG Wade Smith

RT Iupati

Not perfect but I think it upgrades without giving up too much and next year we focus on LT and LB in the draft.

Trade this years 2nd round pick and next years second round pick for Donovan McNabb.

Trade #9 to Houston for #20 and #51 (or someone around the same area).

Draft (based on the updated Walterfootball.com mock):

20 Mike Iupati G/T Idaho

51 Brandon Spikes ILB Florida

71 Torrell Troup NY UCF

104 Jason Fox OT Miami

5TH CJ Wilson DE East Carolina

6TH Tyler Sheehan QB Bowling Green (my sleeper QB prospect)

7TH WR

Free Agents:

Antonio Bryant WR

Depth

Biggest issue is how the OL would shake out. I don't see a veteran who could come in and play LT unless we go for C. Clifton but he has lost a lot recently. Some options are:

LT Clifton

LG Wood

C Hangartner

RG Levitre

RT Iupati

LT Levitre

LG Wood

C Hangartner

RG Wade Smith

RT Iupati

Not perfect but I think it upgrades without giving up too much and next year we focus on LT and LB in the draft.

clifton is a packer

Why do you want a veteran QB. It's not like were going to the superbowl next year. We need to draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th (Pike or Lefevour or Skelton) and let them ride the pine and learn the NFL while Brohm, Edwards, or Fitz get sacked to death. We are in for a 3-5 year building mess here. No vet QB in their right mind would want to come here to play behind a line that does'nt even a tackle on the roster.

Unless someone falls to us at #9 that we can absolutely cannot pass on I would trade down for an additional 2nd round pick. As for Tyler Sheehan I believe he can be had as a Free Agent after the draft. I work with the Bowling Green Falcons as a student manager and can tell you he would be a GREAT scout team player as he develops, and can one day be an outstanding backup. I know the Steelers are in love with Sheehan as they have been to multiple practices to watch him. A reason why Freddie Barnes had such a big year was mostly due to Sheehan (we should draft Barnes in the 6/7, he may not be the fastest but he can get open, has some of the best feet and STRONG hands, his route running is outstanding, perfect replacement for Josh Reed, could end up being steal of the draft. Anyways Sheehan has excellent accuracy and extremely good pocket presence, he can make that step to avoid the rush and make the pass down field. Our proday is coming up and i'll give you guys an update on Barnes 40 time and how Sheehan preforms. Two MAC team players that could turn into NFL greats, the MAC has been known to spit out players late in the draft that turn into corner stones on many teams. To tell you the truth when we played Central Michigan I think Sheehan was much better than Lafevour, he didnt impress me at all against our defense which wasnt outstanding by any means.

Why do you want a veteran QB. It's not like were going to the superbowl next year. We need to draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th (Pike or Lefevour or Skelton) and let them ride the pine and learn the NFL while Brohm, Edwards, or Fitz get sacked to death. We are in for a 3-5 year building mess here. No vet QB in their right mind would want to come here to play behind a line that does'nt even a tackle on the roster.

I agree, but if this truly is a ground up rebuilding process we're looking at , I don't think we draft a QB (at least no in the first 1-4 rds) Spend the money and stabilize the lines for once , sign a couple role players , and then throw Brohm in there for next year. Why the hell not ? IMo , there is no franchise QB in this draft. Continue to build through the draft (Locker) and FA for the next 2-3 yrs and hopefully we'll return to the playoffs in 2013.

3-5 years?

If they draft a OT with #9, (Wood Rd1), Levitre(Rd2) Hangartner and a FA OT.

A decent QB will make that line look OK in the short term and maybe pretty good eventually.

The NFL is not a great league.

5 year plans are long gone.