Kevin Mawae linked to Bills

<H3 class=free>Top options for Kev</H3>2:48PM ET

Kevin Mawae | <A href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ten">Titans | Interested: Bills?, Seahawks?

Top Email 602.jpg Kevin Mawae has been the solid anchor for the Tennessee Titans' offensive line, a unit that paved the way for Chris Johnson to eclipse the 2,000-yard rushing level in 2009. But according to what his agent has told the Nashville Tennessean, we shouldn't expect an encore performance from the 39-year-old in 2010.

"Nothing has changed," Mawae's agent told Jim Wyatt. "He will definitely hit the market, but [we'll] continue to talk to the Titans."

If he's not back with the Titans, we've been speculating that the Seahawks and Bills would investigate Mawae, as both of those teams have offensive lines in serious flux this offseason. Don Banks of Sports Illustrated also lists Buffalo and Seattle as possibilities.

pasquarelli_len_30.jpg

Len Pasquarelli

Harris is better?

"The Titans' coaches believe that three-year veteran
, who has three career starts, is more than ready to step into the lineup. In fact, one Titans coach insisted there 'will be very little drop-off, if any,' when Harris replaces the 39-year-old Mawae as the team's starting center. Some coaches feel that Harris might even be stouter than the rugged Mawae as a run-blocker."

39 years old. 'Nuff said.

Mawae still produces, though, man.

For a 1-2 year MAX deal, he could be an excellent stop-gap.

And Center is one of those positions where age is not as much of a factor as say at RB or WR.

I saw Mawae play several times this year. He looked excellent against Kris Jenkins and the Jets and also against Aubrayo Franklin and the 49ers.

The guy looks like he's got plenty left. I think his being a free agent has more to do with how the Titans feel about his backup, Harris, than anything else. Harris has been groomed for 4 years now and is ready to step in. The Titans feel it's time to give him his chance.

He is a warrior that has some gas left in the tank. He could help us out. Dont expect woods to be back any time soon

Actually I heard Tiger is almost in Golf shape right now so I would expect him back soon...Eric Wood is also doing well in his rehab and may be ready to go by the pre-season :thumbsup:

Make him a f-in' coach then.

If I want a 39 year old reject I'll call Sandra Bullock.

It seems like every time a good opportunity appears some half-wit has to dump on it. Some veteran strength on the line could be the difference between 6-10 or 10-6.

Agreed, Rob. The shallowness is breathtaking sometimes.

Never under estimate the power of a seasoned veteran leader.... something the playoff drought Bills have never truely had.

Mawae is more interested in the labor union issues and could be a devisive force in the locker room as more and more talk about a lockout will occur during the season. Just say no....