Thomas Jones to be released by NYJ

I didn't see this posted anywhere, if it is please disregard this thread and close.

The NYJ have notified the AP that they are going to release Jones at some point this week. I have to assume that this is a monetary issue. Jones rushed for 1,402 yards and 14 TD's last season. But he is due a decent junk of change (3 Million) on top of his salary this year and he is 31. Obviously the Jets feel that it was their Oline that allowed them to lead the league in rushing last year and feel comfortable with Greene and Washington.

What are the thoughts on the Bills bringing Jones in as a possible replacement for Marshawn (if he is moved) or bringing him in to compete for the backup role?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...yAhKAAD9E63NJO3

The only Thomas i want is the A-TRAIN.. Chug chug chug in a long for 2 ypc!!!!!

I don't see where he brings anything we don't already have. Now, that OLine of the Jets is an entirely different matter.

I like Jones but 319 of that 1402 came against one team. Betcha can't guess what team that was (that's rhetorical).

He's north of 30 and someone we don't need in the face of so many other needs.

Pass on T Jones.

GO BILLS!!!

I do not understand why Jones has been such a journeyman. All he does is run hard, hang on to the football and consistently produce. For the last 5 years he has played all but 1 game, and put up over 1100 yards each season. He also gashed the Bill for 300+ this year.

He will be a great free agent pick up for a team weak at RB, Bills are ok there. I hope he lands outside of the AFC east.

It could make sense only if the Bills could fill a need by moving Lynch- say the Bills could get a 2nd round pick for Lynch which could be used for a NT or OLB- well Jackson and Jones probably could hold the fort for 2 seasons at which time we could spend a high pick on a RB with the beauty being that RBs need almost nil development.

This year getting OL together- starting work on DL (NT) and LB

next year QB, completing DL and LB not letting holes open up in secondary

3rd year Going after a stud WR in free agency, high pick on RB

IF we do things right we should start to make noise in that 3rd year

Makes sense to me. Gives them two good RBs so they can run a committee and Jones could help teach Charles some things.

I mean, oh darn! Why didn't the Bills sign him? Why aren't we doing anything? :blink: