Draft is light on impact QB's (article from Fox Sports)

major

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/draft-i...backs?gt1=39002

This article talks about how weak this year's crop of QB's is in the draft. I DISAGREE. 5 years from now we will realize how good this class really is. That being said, I still hope we pick up McCoy in the 2nd or Snead in the 3rd.

I'd rather draft players than more project QBs....if we can't get a top guy at #9, we roll the dice with what we've got and start filling some of these holes. I'd rather let Brohm get a shot to beat out our current dregs than hand the keys over to another clown for 2 or 3 years.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/draft-i...backs?gt1=39002

This article talks about how weak this year's crop of QB's is in the draft. I DISAGREE. 5 years from now we will realize how good this class really is. That being said, I still hope we pick up McCoy in the 2nd or Snead in the 3rd.

I was watching the combine on NFL network and was actually pretty impressed with McCoy. I wouldn't be upset if we used a 2nd round pick on him. Just hoping we pick up a OT at #1.

I was watching the combine on NFL network and was actually pretty impressed with McCoy. I wouldn't be upset if we used a 2nd round pick on him. Just hoping we pick up a OT at #1.

I'd be more upset if the Bills went after a QB in Round 2 and left one of the DTs, a deeper and far more talented group than the QBs, still on the board.

I'd be more upset if the Bills went after a QB in Round 2 and left one of the DTs, a deeper and far more talented group than the QBs, still on the board.

I have to agree with you there.. I would much rather pick up a QB in the 3rd round.. I just don't want our 1st pick to be a QB..

I have to agree with you there.. I would much rather pick up a QB in the 3rd round.. I just don't want our 1st pick to be a QB..

I'm not so sure I'd pick one in the 3rd round, either. This team is, most likely, NOT going to fix all of their woes in one draft. That said, if there's a good LB prospect out there in the 3rd that would be better than the available QBs, I'd like to see the Bills go for the LB instead.

but that doesn't quite make sense...if the DTs are in fact a more deeper and far more talented group than the QBs then you would want to take a QB before the talent level drops off so severely that he's just a practice squad player. And then you can take a DT from the deeper and far more talented group.

but that doesn't quite make sense...if the DTs are in fact a more deeper and far more talented group than the QBs then you would want to take a QB before the talent level drops off so severely that he's just a practice squad player. And then you can take a DT from the deeper and far more talented group.

Sure it makes sense. You grab the best player you can get. In Round 2, there's still a chance you can get a difference maker @ DT. In Round 2, there is little to no chance of getting a so called "franchise QB". There are only 2 guys that even come close to that in Clausen and Bradford, and they'll be long gone by then. In Round 2, the Bills could possibly have a shot @ DTs like Cam Thomas of North Carolina, Terrence Cody of Alabama, and maybe even Dan Williams of Tennessee. If the Bills got any of those guys to anchor the 3-4 front @ the nose, it would be a great pick.

I agree that the Bills shouldn't use their first rounder on a QB, but I am not totally opposed to taking one as soon as the 3rd. Problem is it would have to be a project guy, which, of course, could turn out okay in the long run, but I know that most fans want an answer now :/

Sure it makes sense. You grab the best player you can get. In Round 2, there's still a chance you can get a difference maker @ DT. In Round 2, there is little to no chance of getting a so called "franchise QB". There are only 2 guys that even come close to that in Clausen and Bradford, and they'll be long gone by then. In Round 2, the Bills could possibly have a shot @ DTs like Cam Thomas of North Carolina, Terrence Cody of Alabama, and maybe even Dan Williams of Tennessee. If the Bills got any of those guys to anchor the 3-4 front @ the nose, it would be a great pick.

and why are you so sure that "there is little to no chance of getting a so called 'franchise QB'" in the second round? Dan Williams is gone in round 2 and the other two could be good and could not be, just like anyone else.

and why are you so sure that "there is little to no chance of getting a so called 'franchise QB'" in the second round? Dan Williams is gone in round 2 and the other two could be good and could not be, just like anyone else.

True, there are no guarantees. The remaining DTs would carry a higher grade than the remaining QBs, so I'd be more inclined to take the DT. As I said before, the Bills are not going to address each and every need in one draft, but if they can come up w/ a few key pieces, then they've done okay for themselves.

Sure, one of the QBs could end up being better than they're graded, but the Bills have taken players on faith in recent years and have come up short. They have many needs, especially in the wake of a new defensive scheme, and they cannot afford to just be wrong on these picks. Grab the best value you can for each pick.

wait im confused. what do people like about colt mccoy? is it his terrible arm strength? is it his college scheme where he hasnt had to make a read on a defense ever? not taking snaps under center? poor deep ball and out patterns? poor footwork?

honestly, i think people just like him because he has a big name. if youre going to draft a guy in the second round based on his name, and completely disreguarding any of the skill sets you need to play at the NFL level, just take tebow. he has a much better arm, better frame, and has been going crazy this offseason to make himself a better NFL style qb.

i, however, dont like either, in any round, but if the bills took tebow, id know at least he has a high cieling and one day is probably going to be a starting caliber nfl QB, a la leftwich.

Quick question. How many franchise QBs now playing were picked in the third round?

Fourth?

Fifth?

Seventh?

That would be zero to all questions. The sixth has Brady and if you consider Hasselbeck a franchise guy, him too, freakily. But zero third-rounders. For you folks advocating picking up a third-rounder or later, it's best to remember that that is an extremely low-percentage option.

How many franchise QBs are there in the league now? Twelve? Maaaaaaaaaaaybe 15? Two were drafted in the 2nd round, at pick 32 (Brees in a year when there were only 31 picks in the first round) and Favre at 33. Both extremely close to being first-rounders. And maybe two UDFAs if you still count Warner after his retirement along with Romo).

The rest, the others (seven? eight? eleven?) were first-rounders.

The first round is by far the highest-percentage way to get a franchise QB.

I like high-percentage plays, I don't know about the rest of you.

After Bradford and Clausen, the talent level DOES drop off precipitously at QB.