We have problems at Wide receiver..

buffalo_bills

Owens and Reed were informed that they were not coming back, so these are our receivers currently: Evans, Johnson, Hardy and parrish! Wow, we really need to sign a 2nd string receiver, not a stud, but a guy who'll give you 50-70 catches a year, and we really need evans and hardy to step up, beacause last year was a dissapointment for both players. Great, more holes to fill :rolleyes:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Owens and Reed were informed that they were not coming back, so these are our receivers currently: Evans, Johnson, Hardy and parrish! Wow, we really need to sign a 2nd string receiver, not a stud, but a guy who'll give you 50-70 catches a year, and we really need evans and hardy to step up, beacause last year was a dissapointment for both players. Great, more holes to fill :rolleyes:

Really? Hardy was out most of the season with an injury NEWS FLASH. You obviously don't watch/follow the Bills to much. Plus how can Evans do anything when the Bills had QB problems all year, and to add on the QB had little time to throw because of bad protection off the edges. And Evans still managed 7 receiving Touchdowns and over 600 receiving yards.

Also, WHY DID THIS NEED A NEED THREAD? There is another thread or two open about this.

I find it amusing that every signal move that is made someone complains about it no matter what. Its funny how not too long ago many Bills fans wanted Reed and Denny gone. And many even wanted Owens gone, and those that didn't want him gone, Did you really think he would be back? People are so Delusional

Steve Johnson cannot be our 2nd reciever. He has barely done anything. He has had a couple beautiful TD catches. But he hasn't really brought anything else. He hasn't been one to move the chains for us or anything like that. He could still develop into that role. But he just isn't there yet. We need a Vet in here like Chambers or Bryant. They aren't great, but they would be solid help.

Steve Johnson is probably the most underrated player on the Bills. I am not saying he's a number 2 - but he can play - and I think he is a lot better than he gets credit for. Although he's not gotten a lot of playing time, I have always thought he deserved it. Every time he has gotten onto the field he has performed - so give him some opportunities moving forward - and then continue to address it in the FA market and in the draft.

Owens and Reed were informed that they were not coming back, so these are our receivers currently: Evans, Johnson, Hardy and parrish! Wow, we really need to sign a 2nd string receiver, not a stud, but a guy who'll give you 50-70 catches a year, and we really need evans and hardy to step up, beacause last year was a dissapointment for both players. Great, more holes to fill :angry:

We will be alright. I can see us grabbing, like I have said here a long time ago, a guy like Chris Chambers. I also see us going after the WR that Gailey recruited and coached at Georgia Tech, Demaryius Thomas.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=108879

(also see below...)

Steve Johnson is our 2nd WR. The guy has played great in every chance he's gotten. He'll turn some heads when given more playing time.

I was thinking this above, when I mentioned Gailey's recruiting.

I can't stop myself from thinking that maybe Gailey recruited, or at least sent a scout team to get video tape, of Stevie Johnson and James Hardy. Maybe not so much Johnson, as he is from California, but Hardy is from Indiana. Either way, I am sure Gailey has seen enough of both, to figure out if they have talent or not.

It didn't take us long to notice Johnson.

I believe Hardy has "it", but I just don't know if he wants "it."

We'll see soon enough I suppose. :rolleyes:

Evans - Hardy - Chambers - Johnson - Parrish/Thomas :D

Really? Hardy was out most of the season with an injury NEWS FLASH. You obviously don't watch/follow the Bills to much. Plus how can Evans do anything when the Bills had QB problems all year, and to add on the QB had little time to throw because of bad protection off the edges. And Evans still managed 7 receiving Touchdowns and over 600 receiving yards.

Let's see, he said Hardy was a disappointment last year, and you say that he's wrong because Hardy was out with an injury.

Did you find his injury satisfying? Do you think he met any targets with that injury? Do you think he felt happy about it? Of course it was a freaking disappointment.

But you also admit he's made good plays when given a chance?

Two times. Not often enough. He certainly didn't make good plays whenever given a chance. He made occasional good plays.

Now, you have to hope that two years of experience and conditioning will allow him to make a major leap forward. But if he doesn't, he will be a disappointment.

Two receptions for ten yards this year. And last year, 10 receptions for 102 yards, while seeing playing time in 11 games. You just can't count on a guy with a record like that. But you can hope he steps up. There might be a pretty good chance of that.

Two times. Not often enough. He certainly didn't make good plays whenever given a chance. He made occasional good plays.

Now, you have to hope that two years of experience and conditioning will allow him to make a major leap forward. But if he doesn't, he will be a disappointment.

Two receptions for ten yards this year. And last year, 10 receptions for 102 yards, while seeing playing time in 11 games. You just can't count on a guy with a record like that. But you can hope he steps up. There might be a pretty good chance of that.

dbills are so screwed this year. I see 4 -12 all over this thing. complete rebuild. playing nfc and afc north. jets, phins, pats all good. think lions. think raiders. think bad.

Owens and Reed were informed that they were not coming back, so these are our receivers currently: Evans, Johnson, Hardy and parrish! Wow, we really need to sign a 2nd string receiver, not a stud, but a guy who'll give you 50-70 catches a year, and we really need evans and hardy to step up, beacause last year was a dissapointment for both players. Great, more holes to fill :thumbsup:

no we need a #! reciever Evans is good for 50-70

dbills are so screwed this year. I see 4 -12 all over this thing. complete rebuild. playing nfc and afc north. jets, phins, pats all good. think lions. think raiders. think bad.

Creating yet another hole certainly doesn't help matters any. :thumbsup:

Owens and Reed were informed that they were not coming back, so these are our receivers currently: Evans, Johnson, Hardy and parrish! Wow, we really need to sign a 2nd string receiver, not a stud, but a guy who'll give you 50-70 catches a year, and we really need evans and hardy to step up, beacause last year was a dissapointment for both players. Great, more holes to fill :thumbsup:

No we need a Legit #1 WR, Lee is our #2. Lee scares no one, we need someone that demands double coverage and Lee isn't it