We have problems at Wide receiver..

buffalo_bills

ok, so you really dont think Hardy or Johnson could average 39 catches for 489 yds/yr?1 td per yr avg?

Josh reed never lived up to his billing comin out of LSU, 311 catches 3575 yds 10 tds in 8 yrs, doesn't sound like we will be missing much.

+1

I have faith that at least one of these two guys if not both will have a break out season next year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i also think roscoe will have a breakout season in galieys offense .IMO he will be used in the slot kind of like welker.

he is a great talent and a game breaker galiey will utilize those talents mark my words!

We've waited for roscoe and every OC we had in here said he was gonna be part of the offense. when he plays he is not ever open and rops the ball often. I think returning is all he can help us with.

+1

I have faith that at least one of these two guys if not both will have a break out season next year.

I'll be honest I didn't realize Reed's #'s were that sad until now, but with those type of stats, why was he even on the field, IDK, but I have to believe that either hardy or johnson can do better than that. Not to mention both are much better red zone options simply because of size, with JR and TO out of the way these 2 will have every opportunity to play with the first team and make plays, look for hardy and nelson to play inside and run the crosses while lee and stevieJ are on the corners, it really doesnt sound bad to me, lots of potential to do damage, esp in the red zone

Hardy and Johnson will pick up the slack, they will both be a lot better as they'll be in pro football for the third year.. I also think the Bills will bring in a relatively inexpensive vet to compete for the job... We have bigger concerns, Like who's throwing the ball and who is playing defense...

I agree with all of this - chambers seems to be the vet of choice for many people and I wouldn't disagree that at minimum the Bills will make a play at him or test the waters. Not sure its answer but its certainly could be worse - and I suppose its a mediocre aspiration but I guess I just look at things realistically when it comes to Bills, and Chambers might be the kind of player that does well with us before he becomes an all-out journeyman, if he isn't already. I would like to see someone like avant to come here even though hes a RFA- reminds me of josh reed but with more ability - giving decent players the ability to breakout would be better than locking a lot of money and hopes into an aging vet... we did that once (TO) and we sort of have one of those already named lee. Our focus, however, should not waiver from what to do at QB and how the hell we make the 3-4 base work for us - so I agree all the way with that.

Steve Johnson cannot be our 2nd reciever. He has barely done anything. He has had a couple beautiful TD catches. But he hasn't really brought anything else. He hasn't been one to move the chains for us or anything like that. He could still develop into that role. But he just isn't there yet. We need a Vet in here like Chambers or Bryant. They aren't great, but they would be solid help.

Hello Dick Jauron

I'll be honest I didn't realize Reed's #'s were that sad until now, but with those type of stats, why was he even on the field, IDK, but I have to believe that either hardy or johnson can do better than that. Not to mention both are much better red zone options simply because of size, with JR and TO out of the way these 2 will have every opportunity to play with the first team and make plays, look for hardy and nelson to play inside and run the crosses while lee and stevieJ are on the corners, it really doesnt sound bad to me, lots of potential to do damage, esp in the red zone

I'm glad you brought up Nelson. I think he will turn into a great receiving threat at TE before too long. If his blocking improves then he's gonna be really good.