Trade Kyle Williams

Estelle Getty

No disrespect to Williams. He just does not fit in are current 3-4 scheme. He is to small to play NT, but not fast enough to be a DE. He is someone we could get value for. (Pro Bowl alternate....which autimaticaly grabs attention of front offices) I would trade him for a player of need, not a pick. I know people say trades never happen.......but more and more they are happening, and will continue to.

Nix and the New Regime seem to be pretty "with it", and should realize he is very talented and young, but simply does not fit the new defense.

Who do you think we can, or should realistically trade him for?

think it's a good possibility, while he has value after playing well last season.

I've read it's possible the Bills run 3-4 Over scheme, which he might fit at NT (as D-line plays 1-gap), but if it fails, his value drops.

No disrespect to Williams. He just does not fit in are current 3-4 scheme. He is to small to play NT, but not fast enough to be a DE. He is someone we could get value for. (Pro Bowl alternate....which autimaticaly grabs attention of front offices) I would trade him for a player of need, not a pick. I know people say trades never happen.......but more and more they are happening, and will continue to.

Nix and the New Regime seem to be pretty "with it", and should realize he is very talented and young, but simply does not fit the new defense.

No way would I trade Kyle Williams. He was one of the few bright spots last year. If I'm Chansaw , I find a way to fit him into my system.

You don't get better by trading good, hard nosed players like KW. He's basically the same size as Jay Ratliff, the Cowboys all pro 3-4 NT. You find a way to fit a good solid pro like Williams into your system. Good players are more important than any scheme.

think the Cowboys run that 3-4 over.

Personally, I'd rather see them run that and keep Williams. but dont think he'd fit a traditional 3-4

think the Cowboys run that 3-4 over.

Personally, I'd rather see them run that and keep Williams. but dont think he'd fit a traditional 3-4

I'm not a 3-4 expert but how much difference is there? I want to get a big NT to go along with Williams. Also, Williams could be a solid 3-4 end.

A lot of people love to just whine about the bad picks we have had (and there have been a lot). But Williams was a homerun 5th round pick. He plays the right way and I just think you can find a place for him to be productive in this defense.

I personally think Williams fits the exact mold of a 3-4 end. The Steelers have built their defenses behind guys who play exactly like Williams. No one wants him to be an NT in the 3-4. If he is thats because he is foced to because we dont land anyone else. I dont see why so many fans dont think he fits teh scheme. Now he may not be exaclty what the Chargers or Cowboys would like in their more penetrating 3-4 style, but the Steelers or Ravens would love Williams and use guys just like him. He has 2 gap 5 tech spewing out his ears, and I predict his play improves with the switch (as long he is at his natural 5 tech position)

You don't get better by trading good, hard nosed players like KW.

+ 1....we complain all the time about good hard nose players who have talent and give 100%....you get that with KW....DO NOT TRADE HIM!

This would be the equivalent of trading Fred Jackson. On-the-field value is probably twice that of trade value.

KW is a good football player, and good football players fit into any system. As the roster stands right now, he's our starting NT. If we bring in/draft a true NT, I'm sure Williams will do fine as a DE.

http://www.nfl.com/players/kylewilliams/profile?id=WIL415284

Williams is 6'1" 306

http://www.nfl.com/players/caseyhampton/profile?id=HAM671173

Casey Hampton is 6'1" 325

http://www.nfl.com/players/vincewilfork/profile?id=WIL059369

Vince Wilfork is 6'2" 325

http://www.nfl.com/players/ryanpickett/profile?id=PIC781272

Ryan Pickett is 6'2" 340

If Williams can put on 20 pounds it appears he'll be close to having a NT's body.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/02/25/9690...ers-to-new.html

Sounds me like Chansaw will keep KW and work the scheme to maximize his abilities.

I have said many times concerning our QB situation that a player has to fit a system and that was the problem with JP and TE our coaches destroyed these players confidence my not maximising their talents and trying to force them into a system they did not fit. The evidence of this is JPs #s under Mularkey. I believe we are in good hands based on the fact that we have a coach who realizes this. If Trent is our QB expect us to make a move for Westbrook or LT and run some version of a west-coast offense.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/02/25/9690...ers-to-new.html

Sounds me like Chansaw will keep KW and work the scheme to maximize his abilities.

New Bills coach Chan Gailey was spouting a similar tune during an interview at Lucas Oil Stadium. Gailey said he and new defensive coordinator George Edwards can adjust the scheme of the three-man line to fit the talents of the players on the team.

"Everybody's looking for a certain type of guy, and we all are looking for that guy, those of us in the 3-4," Gailey said on the first day of the combine workouts. "And there's not a lot of 'em, to be perfectly honest. So you have to take people you have and adapt the way you play. You don't have to play the same type of 3-4. You can adjust to what people do best."

That's awesome! :nana: That is as it should be. Hopefully they have the smarts to back up that plan.

How does he not fit it? He has outplayed Stroud and Spencer Johnson but somehow those two are being shifted to end why cant Kyle play end in this scheme? Right now he is our best option for NT, and like I said he is better than the 2 options being listed for end.

How does he not fit it? He has outplayed Stroud and Spencer Johnson but somehow those two are being shifted to end why cant Kyle play end in this scheme? Right now he is our best option for NT, and like I said he is better than the 2 options being listed for end.

I just did some checking on nfl.com, and KW is right on par with alot of other NT's around the league, he is a little light, maybe 15-20 lbs, than a huge guy like hampton, but I noticed alot of guys were b/t 6-1 and 6-3 and ran b/t 305-330