Who will be the Bills NT next season?

billsfan89

A lot of threads going on about how the top tier Nose Tackles being franchise tagged this week so I am posing the question who is likely to be the Bills NT this up coming season.

In my opinion I like the possibility of Shaun Rodgers via trade (Wouldn't take more then a 3rd round pick IMO maybe could even be had for a 4th and a 6th Mangini has proven he likes picks over vet players that might not fit his system), I also like the possibility of Ian Scott, and Jimmy Kennedy. In the draft I like the possibility of Terrance Cody. Honestly if Cody is floating around in the early 2nd round expect a minor trade up to snag him.

So via trade

Shaun Rodgers

Via Free agency

Jimmy Kennedy

Ian Scott

Via the Draft

Terrance Cody

I honestly believe that we are going to try and snag an under the radar vet while looking to the draft somewhere in round 2 or 3 to try and plug the hole long term. I wouldn't discount the Bills looking into a trade for Shaun Rodgers though.

Dan Williams, University of Tennessee

He won't be there in round 2 Williams stock is rising he is likely to be snatched up some where between pick 10-22 so if we pick him at pick 9 who is going to be our LT? I like to think pick 9 will be a LT or a QB (More likely a LT) seeing as DT's can be had a bit later in the draft say around pick 41.

I think the switch to a 3-4 is an ugly scenario for a team with this many needs. Realistically, they need to find

a starter AND a backup NT this offseason along with at least another viable starting LB (and 2 of those if

Schobel leaves/retires).

I would have rather seen them stick with the 4-3 this year and work on fixing the OL and get another LB for

the 4-3. I guess, either way, they have more holes to fill than they can be expected to plug in one offseason,

so maybe it is OK to just bite the bullet and change schemes. Just seems to me that a NT is hard to come by

and is extremely important to the 3-4

I think we'll see a combination of free agents and a high draft pick make it in and then allow training camp to sort it out. I really do think the Bills will push hard after Ian Scott or Jimmy Kennedy...probably Scott because he started 7 games in San Diego last year and I'm sure Nix still has some contacts there.

Then, the Bills will use one of their picks in the first 3 rounds on a NT, whether it be Williams or Moobs or Thomas. You'll also probably see them use a late round flyer on another NT just to get some depth in here.

I really dont think the Bills address the LB situation in the draft, I feel like they'll focus mainly on that for free agency.

Cam Thomas will not last till round 3. There is a NT craze going on right now. They will ALL go a little earlier than they should....... It's the hot new position.

It's the deepest position in this draft in terms of talent, so that's why there's so much emphasis being put on 'em now. There's two guys @ the top of the draft who could be the first two overall selections and behind those guys are another 4 guys who may be ready to be impact players for whichever team drafts 'em.

I think we'll see a combination of free agents and a high draft pick make it in and then allow training camp to sort it out. I really do think the Bills will push hard after Ian Scott or Jimmy Kennedy...probably Scott because he started 7 games in San Diego last year and I'm sure Nix still has some contacts there.

Then, the Bills will use one of their picks in the first 3 rounds on a NT, whether it be Williams or Moobs or Thomas. You'll also probably see them use a late round flyer on another NT just to get some depth in here.

I really dont think the Bills address the LB situation in the draft, I feel like they'll focus mainly on that for free agency.

Ian Scott or Scott Ian?

I know switching to the 3-4 opens more holes on this team, but the 4-3/Tampa 2 did not work. Bigger linemen on both sides of the ball is what we need since we play in a cold weather environment. If we played in a warmer weather climate or a dome, then we could stay with what we had. Rebuilding sucks, considering how long our playoff drought has been, but if Nix & Gailey's plan is to get bigger physical linemen and bring in a possibly better offense & defensive scheme, then I'm all for it. The only problem we haven't had on defense was our pass defense, other than that, we need a defensive overhaul.

A lot of threads going on about how the top tier Nose Tackles being franchise tagged this week so I am posing the question who is likely to be the Bills NT this up coming season.

In my opinion I like the possibility of Shaun Rodgers via trade (Wouldn't take more then a 3rd round pick IMO maybe could even be had for a 4th and a 6th Mangini has proven he likes picks over vet players that might not fit his system), I also like the possibility of Ian Scott, and Jimmy Kennedy. In the draft I like the possibility of Terrance Cody. Honestly if Cody is floating around in the early 2nd round expect a minor trade up to snag him.

So via trade

Shaun Rodgers

Via Free agency

Jimmy Kennedy

Ian Scott

Via the Draft

Terrance Cody

I honestly believe that we are going to try and snag an under the radar vet while looking to the draft somewhere in round 2 or 3 to try and plug the hole long term. I wouldn't discount the Bills looking into a trade for Shaun Rodgers though.

It was going to be a draft pick no matter what