Patriots Tag Wilfork

Numark

The only good NT that even has a chance of NOT being franchised is Hampton, and even that is 50/50 at best. I know NT was probably the #1 free agent priority, but don't expect much. Now everyone is gonna be calling for "trade down and draft the NT" but that is not the way to go either. Don't trade down to get a "decent" NT when you should stay and get a very good LT or QB. We are not gonna be able to get big upgrades at every position of weakness in one offseason. Take it one position at a time and maybe we get one in round 2 or in a trade up scenario........

The problem for NTs is that they are lumped in with all DTs for salary. A top NT is worth a lot more to a 3-4 team than most DTs are to a 4-3 team. Teams like NE take advantage of that with the franchise tag. I would love to see Wilfork play like Jason Peters did for us. I would love to see Wilfork get knocked on his butt by a center and then get up and realize he shouldn't feel so bad because his salary is not that great.

they could, but the pats would have a huge hole to fill then. i don't see how that really helps the pats this year.

They drafted Ron Brace last year out of Boston College. He is very highly thought of, and looked good when he played in place of Wilfork this past season, against us.

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=...o&bio=33654

They also have Myron Pryor who they are high on as well. (also played against us)

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=...o&bio=33661

I think they are fine at that position...once again, giving them the ability to trade a big player for good draft picks.

*PAY ATTENTION BUFFALO! (if we have talent worth trading?)

Cody looks like the next Wilfork - two big fat slobs that fall in the draft

The two aren't all that similar.

Check out this article from just Wilfork's time as a prospect. You'll note that he'd once been up as high as 345, then dipped to 324 for the combine, then gone up to 336, but having gained muscle rather than fat.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m120...28/ai_b6006987/

Contrast that to Cody, who was at over 400 in high school, dropped to 255 and then came to the Senior Bowl at 370 looking awful. Notice that Wilfork dropped weight for the combine.

Google "Balanced lineman In wife Bianca, Wilfork has the perfect match" and you'll see that his wife looks out for what he eats.

Cody is a much higher risk than Wilfork ever was.

----------------------

As for Wilfork being tagged, duh. This was going to happen all along. That's why they got rid of Seymour, so they could have the cash to tag or re-sign Wilfork.

They probably are going to trade him (not to us). Wasn't he saying that he was fine with everything, but he did NOT want to be tagged? I mean, the last thing the pats* should want is a disgruntled NT and one of their only good players left on D.

Nobody wants to be tagged. Everybody threatens to sit out or be disgruntled. And yet a huge majoriity end up re-negotiating. That's what will happen here. The Pats* need Wilfork badly.