The USA vs. Hosers Hockey Game Is on MSNBC

Steely Dan

Miller has been outstanding. Brodeur... not so much.

I love how many Canadians branded Canada the undeniable favorite before the Olympics. Guess people will never learn that being good on paper only brings you so far.

Canada out shot the USA 45-22. MILLER ROCKS!! :w00t:

Unfortunately, for the Hosers, the games are played on ice. :unsure:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller has been outstanding. Brodeur... not so much.

I love how many Canadians branded Canada the undeniable favorite before the Olympics. Guess people will never learn that being good on paper only brings you so far.

I don't know how anyone can hate on Brodeur. Pretty much every U.S. goal was either a deflection or a multiple shot rebound. Canada's defense (mostly Pronger/Boyle) were pretty awful at clearing traffic and with gap control.

Canada dominated this game but the U.S. won because their goalie put on a ridiculous show and they scored timely goals. The Leaf doesn't have anything to be ashamed of and it won't surprise me at all if they stand atop the podium when it's all said and done.

I don't know how anyone can hate on Brodeur. Pretty much every U.S. goal was either a deflection or a multiple shot rebound. Canada's defense (mostly Pronger/Boyle) were pretty awful at clearing traffic and with gap control.

Canada dominated this game but the U.S. won because their goalie put on a ridiculous show and they scored timely goals. The Leaf doesn't have anything to be ashamed of and it won't surprise me at all if they stand atop the podium when it's all said and done.

Not hating on Brodeur but his counterpart was lights out compared to him. Maybe I'm just assuming that Luongo would have been better in front of his home crowd.

Canada will beat Germany on Tuesday setting up a probable Russia vs Canada quarterfinal. Should make for an interesting game.

Not hating on Brodeur but his counterpart was lights out compared to him. Maybe I'm just assuming that Luongo would have been better in front of his home crowd.

Not based on track record in pressure games.

Canada will beat Germany on Tuesday setting up a probable Russia vs Canada quarterfinal. Should make for an interesting game.

Which is what we all really want to see anyway. Go Canadians!

While you certainly can't pin the whole loss on Brodeur, I think it was pretty clear that Marty was pretty un-Brodeur-like last night. He made not one but two horrendous errors on the second Rafalski goal. First, he inexplicably batted the puck out of the air right up the middle of the ice and then over-reacted and dove across the crease out of control only to deflect the shot into the net.

Also, on the eventual game winning goal, he probably would've made the save had his stick been in the right spot rather than caught behind his left skate through his legs. He's a goalie who always seems to be in the right spot positionally and he certainly wasn't that last night.

Nice game by the Americans last night. Was afraid of Miller and for good reason obviously. That aside the game last night was a pleasure to watch what ever side you were on. Skill level was off the charts. Congrats to the US

Not based on track record in pressure games.

One thing a radio broadcaster made as a very good point. If you look at the average age of the top goalies in this tournament, they are all very young, Miller, Halak etc.

I can't help but think a change is needed.

Anyways I'll stand by whatever decision the coaches make.

Go Canada!