tony pike

nuklz2594

Weak arm, no thanks

I watched his entire college career. Spread offense, just like St. Bradford. :devil:

Pike had Gilyard , Binns, others, and a decent if under-used RB corps. Remember, UCinn only had one returning starter...

Pike showed superior pocket presence (and that matters). Late 2nd if some team has a bone and a need, otherwise likely 3rd...I think mid or late 3rd. Depends on which club, and opinion about his twice-broken arm. No problem with attitude - very "coachable."

He might slip to the 4th...dunno.

Pike is going to be the best QB of the bunch. His ability to make all the throws, esp in the redzone, is terrific. Plus he just has "it"--he's a gamer, kind of like Ben R. is.

The obvious knock on him is that he's like 90 pounds, but if he's there in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, I don't see how you pass up on him, and then work with the strength coaches to bulk him up. At 6'6", 212, I bet he could put on another 30 pounds with the right trainers.

frail, and thin, very much like a tall bradford, pike has never played an entire season to date, and despite what you would expect from a 6-6 QB, his arm strength leaves a lot to be desired. He was the 4th best qb on the field at the senior bowl, and thats not a good thing. PASS on PIKE>>>>Let's Get Lefevour

I like him in the 3rd or later. I am not saying he is the next Tom Brady, but I believe he came to the combine under 200

:censored: The combine isn't until next week. Either way, it's hilarious how people flip flop around here. Two months ago people were left and right on THIS board saying we need to draft Pike. Now it, "He's too frail" or "He's got a weak arm". :rolleyes: I'd take Pike in the 3rd if he's still there. I just think we have too many needs to address to take a QB in the 1st or 2nd.

I like him in the 3rd or later. I am not saying he is the next Tom Brady, but I believe he came to the combine under 200

Exactly. He's built like Brady and has the same smarts and arm. He won't start much for a year or two, but in the 3rd, I'd take him and figure he has a bright future, but only if we fix our O-line and get some damn receivers who can do more than one route efficiently.

Anyone who says he has a weak arm and/or can't play in cold weather is simply making **** up.

I watched him play in the wind and snow at Heinz Field for the Big East championship, and his 52 yard rope for the win was all the evidence I need.

He is lanky, though, and his mechanics are questionable. Let's try and keep our critiques centered in reality, please.