Bills #30 in 2010-2011 Rankings-Ouch

gobills28

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-6 in the division for starters , then you play the vikings, steelers, packers, bengals, bears. you're 0-10 before you start counting wins, guys... come on,, why worry on the draft, we will be in top 5 next year....

I would be willing to bet real money that 0-6 in the division will not happen. All these teams are beatable.

Bills were picked to go 2-14 this season by Bill Simmons and 3-13 by Gregg Easterbrook.

Is it bad that half of me hopes the teams does poorly? I really think this team needs to hit rock bottom before it can start moving up again... if you look at most of the "elite" teams in the league the did so before the got better and then got really good (See, Indianapolis, The Giants, Atlanta, Dallas, New Orleans).

Do you honestly believe that the Bills will be better than the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins next year, all divisional opponents? I certainly don't. You don't have to be an NFL expert to realize that the Bills have a major rebuilding project to do before they can be seriously considered a playoff team.

It's one thing finishing 4th in the AFC East. It's another to be the worst two teams in the NFL, which is what he's saying. We will not be worse next year. No go back to hitting yourself in the head with a hammer.

PTR

Thirty sounds a little high to me. La Canfora is an optimistic type of guy. Why curse out the messenger when the message reflects the state of affairs?

I just got my Sporting News mag. It has us ranked 31 in their 2010 in their power poll for 2010. Buddy Nix has a major challenge in front of him. If the meddling owner stays out of his way I'm confident he can point this sad franchise in the right direction in short order. How long will it take to get us into the playoffs? My conjecture is years.

Anyone that states ... "Like their old coaching staff more than the new one" ... has the credibility of a turd.

Well if take staff as a whole, the old one had more experience from top to bottom, and the Defensive and Special teams staff was good, and would take most of them over what have now position by position. Mostly took college people so no guarantee they wont take a year or two to figure out whats needed as this level.

Offensive side, and HC is a different story. I like what they have done for most part with that staff, even though there is still some college only coaches there as well.

So while I mostly prefer where they are headed, am not a big fan of the DC or some of the staff decisions. I am hopeful that they will do a great job and they put out a great defense, but looking at the individuals and the positions they are in, and the decision to make a move to 3-4 before they have the people to run it, doesn't give me allot of confidence in them to this point.

Could just be that not a fan of the good old boy network of only hiring people I have worked with before style of hiring. Wonder what the over under is for years takes before he is let go for refusing to fire one of his buddies when Ralph tells him the guy has to go.

It's one thing finishing 4th in the AFC East. It's another to be the worst two teams in the NFL, which is what he's saying. We will not be worse next year. No go back to hitting yourself in the head with a hammer.

PTR

The object of competing is not only getting better but getting better than the competition. If the Bills improve every year but are still behind the other divisional teams that translates into more absences from the playoffs. :lol: