Before We Start Complaining About The Ticket Prices...

BillsPhan

There is one thing that I never understood about our perception of ticket prices in Buffalo. I was home for Christmas and decided I wanted to catch a Sabres game. I purchased two tickets at a cost of $189.00. Of course I bought them because I wanted to see my home town hockey team play. It has become acceptable to spend rediculous amounts of money on Sabres tickets but when it comes to the Bills, us fans think we should be paying UB prices to watch our NFL team play. I really don't think the people of Buffalo would mind paying higher tickets prices, the problem is, Ralph has never required us to. Now don't get me wrong, us Buffalonians always find something to b*tch about, but that is just in our DNA. When it comes down to it, we will pay whatever is required in order to suport our beloved Bills. Just the same we do our Sabres when they ask you to pay $189.00 for two tickets.

I wouldn't see raising ticket prices as leading to more FA dollars being spent. Even when the Bills went to Toronto, RW admitted that deal wouldn't mean more money spent on players.

With no cap this year and more players being RFA's, I'd anticipate teams will sit tight, tender their RFA's, and wait for the impending labor issues to blow over.

I am thinking this too. I am thinking it is going to be a very boring free agency this year.

I suppose some of us out here will be upset about the timing of the Bills' raising ticket prices. How dare they, right? All those sell outs during the playoff-less years this past decade. The overwhelmingly underwhelming hiring of Chan Gailey to turn everything around, when every loyal season ticket holder and individual ticket buying fan were hoping for a Bill Cowher-type coach for the job. We can certainly go on and on about how we are being screwed.......

......accept for one simple fact, even with the increases, the Bills will still offer the CHEAPEST tickets to see an NFL football game in the league. In fact, they will still be cheaper by about an average of $18.00 per ticket, instead of $20.00 per ticket, below the NFL average.

So let's all keep this in mind as we begin our assault on the "greedy and selfish front office of the Buffalo Bills."

I'm a season ticket holder and I applaud the raise in prices. I'm going to renew without hesitation.

I don't know where you get your ticket price info from, but I read and heard that Buffalo is by far the cheapest average ticket to watch an NFL game. As recently as last season, I read in the Buffalo News that a Bills ticket averaged almost $20.00 less then the rest of the NFL average ticket prices. So I suppose there could be two teams that charge less, but that is not what I read.

Per TWOBILLSDRIVE front page Friday

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/954575.html

3rd paragraph

I have no clue why ticket prices have been so low...Wilson seemingly left them alone so he could preach his doom and gloom theories when anyone who know anything could have told you they could have raised ticket prices 10-15 dollars at the very least and seen virtually no difference at the ticket counter. By leaving them so low, Wilson can spew his "we can't afford anything" BS and justify pocketing all the $ instead of spending them on talent or coaches.

No reason the Bills have kept prices this low for so long other than to keep their self-fulfilling prophecy going. Bills tickets are cheap, Bills officials claim its because noone here can afford anything, then keep ticket prices low so they can complain about the same thing next year. Look, I am not saying we have a great economy here, but come on. Its 10 tickets(9 now) we are talking about. Would there really be much of a difference in attendance if the season ticket prices went up 90 to 150 dollars? I doubt it. Look at the Sabres season tickets which are much costlier than the Bills...

There is one thing that I never understood about our perception of ticket prices in Buffalo. I was home for Christmas and decided I wanted to catch a Sabres game. I purchased two tickets at a cost of $189.00. Of course I bought them because I wanted to see my home town hockey team play. It has become acceptable to spend rediculous amounts of money on Sabres tickets but when it comes to the Bills, us fans think we should be paying UB prices to watch our NFL team play. I really don't think the people of Buffalo would mind paying higher tickets prices, the problem is, Ralph has never required us to. Now don't get me wrong, us Buffalonians always find something to b*tch about, but that is just in our DNA. When it comes down to it, we will pay whatever is required in order to suport our beloved Bills. Just the same we do our Sabres when they ask you to pay $189.00 for two tickets.

Exactly my point. Wilson has put himself in a self-imposed low ticket price exile that has no basis in reality here...

I'm a season ticket holder and I applaud the raise in prices. I'm going to renew without hesitation.

Like you I will renew as soon as I get home if the form is there. Incresed price is not a big deal but I wouldn't say I'd applaud them. At least we won't have to hear we are the lowest anymore since we are now 30 out of 32. <_<

You guys realize the Free agent market is going to suck right? Two tags for all teams to use so you can cut the stud players down to pretty much ZERO without giving up draft picks. And you can bet your asses they will be tagging the crap outta guys with no cap in place. this also puts a premium on draft picks this year so they aren't going to let studs walk without compensation.

also a ton of URFA's will now be RFA's due to the rule change of not having a cap. So I don't see the Bills doing much of anything at all in Free agency and I don't blame them. I would NOT under ANY Circumstances trade away any picks this year.

Amen.

I suppose some of us out here will be upset about the timing of the Bills' raising ticket prices. How dare they, right? All those sell outs during the playoff-less years this past decade. The overwhelmingly underwhelming hiring of Chan Gailey to turn everything around, when every loyal season ticket holder and individual ticket buying fan were hoping for a Bill Cowher-type coach for the job. We can certainly go on and on about how we are being screwed.......

......accept for one simple fact, even with the increases, the Bills will still offer the CHEAPEST tickets to see an NFL football game in the league. In fact, they will still be cheaper by about an average of $18.00 per ticket, instead of $20.00 per ticket, below the NFL average.

So let's all keep this in mind as we begin our assault on the "greedy and selfish front office of the Buffalo Bills."

People don't buy a Bills ticket because they are "the cheapest in the League"---nor do they care that they are the cheapest. That makes no sense. They buy them because they like to attend Bills games and the Bills are the only NFL team in the region. It's a monopoly product.

Put a better team on the field and the commodity will become more in demand, which will support price increases.

Hogwash. George Edwards left a cushy DC job at Florida to come to freaking Buffalo. Players continually talk about how they love the fan support. If there is ANY reason players don't want to come here, it's the weather -- and that's it. NFL players are trying to make all the $$ they can while they are in their prime, and very few have the "luxury" of picking and choosing where they end up.

Honestly, I think your 100% wrong. NFL stars dont give 2 s*$ts about the fans. They use those comments to make the fans think they love them, so that the fans can cheer for them. So the owner can see they cant get rid of that player cause there will be a revolt from the fan base. Why you think the Pats never even thought about trading Brady when he was injured? Cassel might be better at this point in their careers but the city of Boston would burn to the ground if the golden boy was on the block. Its money, and winning teams, thats all the players care about. And honestly, winning teams arent always that important. As long as your not a joke of an organization that is. :bag:

Simple economics tells you that this is false. The supply of top veteran players to fill teams holes will be decreased, but the demand will remain the same. Therefore the cost will increase due to the amount of potential suitors for these players. Need me to draw you a graph?

Picture

Do you have down syndrome? The premium will be on draft picks. I didn't say anything about top veteran players, you made that up on your simple mind. You will see teams willing to deal players for draft picks to a new level, I emphasize willing. Whether teams will be willing to deal draft picks is another matter. Furthermore the demand will not be the same, the demand will decrease big time.

Saying the NFL off season in respect to free agents is simple economics is not only shortsighted, its imprudent.

Who's complaining?

I second this... I have only seen posts on here that fans would RATHER the Bills raise prices and have a playoff team... or new stadium... or just stay in the B-low...

With that said I still think RW should spend some money on the team getting better... I know FA might not be the best market this year but he has shown he is not spending the money on the coaching staff... Draft picks don't cost much... so where do we spend the money to make the team better or do we wait until next year and do our best in the draft... I like Buddy and I think he knows who to turn a team around... and I think he knows how to do it w/o spending a bunch of money in FA and that fits this team perfectly seeing as RW doesn't like spending the money and when he does it's to sell tickets. So I think Buddy fits the team well and can do a great job

I just one way or another Ralph needs to keep the team in B-low and try to get a winning team... I disagree that Bills fans are going to be mad about the price increase I have only seen them request the increase and an increase in performance.