ur the gm what do u do?

theman331

if at pick 9 sam bradford, rolando mcclain the best linebacker and one of the offensive lineman are there on that pick. who do we go with and if we go olineman which one would be the best guy to go with that would be a better pick i say bryan bulaga. thoughts?

if at pick 9 sam bradford, rolando mcclain the best linebacker and one of the offensive lineman are there on that pick. who do we go with and if we go olineman which one would be the best guy to go with that would be a better pick i say bryan bulaga. thoughts?

I'll say Bulaga or Anthony Davis. Davis is the biggest guy, a punishing run blocker, and a resident of New Jersey. Bulaga is from Illinois, and the others are from fairweather states.

OT 1 Russell Okung SR 6-5/300/- Oklahoma State Richmond, TX

OT 2 Trent Williams SR 6-5/290/- Oklahoma Longview, TX

OT 3 Anthony Davis JR 6-6/325/- Rutgers Piscataway, NJ

OT 4 Bryan Bulaga JR 6-6/290/- Iowa Woodstock, IL

OT 5 Charles Brown SR 6-6/295/- USC Pomona, CA

IMO if there are only 2 first round QBs and theres a possibility that both will go in the top 10 most likely they will be gone at by pick 9, naturally 1 of them will be off the board and if another is around by pick 8 I believe another team will trade up to snag him before our pick, If Bulaga or McClain are there I dont see how we could pass on them. There are alot of highly rated tackles out there that will be available in mid to late round 1. I wouldnt be surprised if we target one and trade down to stockpile somemore picks and pick up a Tony Pike or a Tebow in a later round. We have so many needs which gives us alot of avenues to go. As long as we dont draft a DB!!

After a quick English class....

First you have to get past the whole QB/OL -- chicken/egg debate. Personally, I think OL is more important.

I love McClain and think he's a can't miss prospect, but when you look at how many holes this team has, you have to also consider value throughout the draft. By the time we pick in the second round, we'd probably be looking at roughly the 7th or 8th OT taken (if not more). You're already looking at "iffy" starting potential at that point (at least for a LT). Meanwhile, we can still probably pick up a very good MLB (possibly even Spikes if we got that lucky, but at worst probably Angerer who was awesome at Iowa).

I'm horrible at watching/judging O-linemen, so I stay out of those debates. But simply put, if the Bills FO thinks they can find a starting LT at the #9, they need to jump on it.

I think what the Bills do with the DL during free agency will drive their early round draft picks. We're hearing that Schobel (if he doesn't retire), Maybin, Kelsay, and Ellis are better suited as outside linebackers in a 3-4 plus there is no real nose tackle on the roster. I would not be surprised if the Bills go defense line early and often and maybe another inside linebacker if these positions are not addressed during free agency.

Well, this is the #9 question right now. They'll be divided over which way to go. To me, Bradford would not be the choice so it comes down to McClain, Bulaga and Davis if all are still there, which I doubt.

If I were the GM, I'd spend most of the combine talking to those 3 players and watching their tape. If it's a wash, I'd take McClain because of the 3-4 switch. Then OT in round 2.

No question, if I'm Buddy "country boy" Nix, I simply draft Clasuen or Bradford with the number 9 pick of the first round, completely ignoring the best LB and the best OT and the best DT and every other "best" player on my board. Whichever of those two QB's still on the board that I have rated higher, is my pick, period.

I don't think that San Fran would be too receptive to being fleedced.

I'm not sure about whether or not SF will be looking to move up, and they actually have pick 17 and 49, which is almost a perfect match when it comes to the draft pick chart to Buffalo's pick at 9.

NFL Draft Pick Value Chart

I go Sam Bradford, if neither of the QBs are there I go Bulaga.

So much of the draft will depend on what we do in free agency. We know a few things that make speculation easier, though. We know the Bills have to bring in a LT, NT, DE, QB, and LB depth (at the least). Now, if they get a NT in FA, or a QB, then those positions might not be addressed eary in the draft. However, without knowing who we'll get, and by considering the depth of the coming draft class, I'd say LT 1st, NT 2nd, QB 3rd, LB/DE next few, and then stockpile defense front seven and OL.

My reasoning is Defensive front seven is deep this year, so we could find talent in rounds 3 and on. O-line, especially LT will be picked through by the second round, when it comes to sure fire starters. And, there will be a few QB's (Tebow and Lefavour?) in the late 2nd to mid 3rd that we'll be able to grab, who at that spot would be good value for potential franchise callers.

In free agency I target Jarvis Green, Jason Ferguson, if released Joey Porter, try to resign TO if he doesn't want to resign try to sign Chris Chambers, if released Kerry Collins, and resign Incognito and Simmons as well as a backup center.

Also release Kelsay, McCargo, and Edwards. I also would like to see if I can trade Whitner if I can get a 4th I would take it even a 5th I would seriously consider it. However if Whitner can't fetch more then a 6th I would just keep him as it wouldn't be worth it he is a respectable starter (And adds depth to the secondary) and a good secondary is key to a good 3-4.

Then draft Brian Buluga and Terrance Cody with my first two picks. Cody will be the NT and Buluga will be the LT both address a key need on both lines. In round's 3 and 4 I just draft the best MLB or OLB's available seeing that Linebackers are so key to a successful 3-4.

So my O-line looks like Buluga-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler with Simmons, Incognito, Bell, Meridith, and a free agent center as the backups. With Kerry Collins-Fitz-Brohm as my QB's (Fitz is the backup Kerry the stop gap starter and Brohm just sits and learns). I also have Lynch and Freddie as the tandum at RB then have Nelson as the tightend. Evan and TO/Chambers at WR with Stevie J and Hardy battling it out for the number 3 spot.

My front 7 is Cody/Ferguson at NT, Kyle Williams, Jarvis Green, Spencer Johnson, and Stroud at DE. With Poz and Mitchel/round 3 pick up at MLB and Schobel, Porter, and Maybin at OLB. The secondary is McGee, McKelvin, at CB with Florence, Corner, and Lankester as the Nickel, Dime, and backups. Byrd at FS with Whitner and Wilson competing for the SS job.

There is a big hole at QB but the front 7 is much more respectable and the O-line is more solid not only thanks to the addition of Buluga but the full season of Levitre and Hangartner playing with each other as well as Wood getting 10 starts with them as well. Plus Butler coming back.

Plus if I am GM Marty Schotenheimer is the HC not Gailey.

I'm not sure about whether or not SF will be looking to move up, and they actually have pick 17 and 49, which is almost a perfect match when it comes to the draft pick chart to Buffalo's pick at 9.

NFL Draft Pick Value Chart

I go Sam Bradford, if neither of the QBs are there I go Bulaga.

I like Bulaga....tell me of a lot of Iowa OL;s that have failed in the NFL..not many...I like this possibility or McClain...

I'll say Bulaga or Anthony Davis. Davis is the biggest guy, a punishing run blocker, and a resident of New Jersey. Bulaga is from Illinois, and the others are from fairweather states.

OT 1 Russell Okung SR 6-5/300/- Oklahoma State Richmond, TX

OT 2 Trent Williams SR 6-5/290/- Oklahoma Longview, TX

OT 3 Anthony Davis JR 6-6/325/- Rutgers Piscataway, NJ

OT 4 Bryan Bulaga JR 6-6/290/- Iowa Woodstock, IL

OT 5 Charles Brown SR 6-6/295/- USC Pomona, CA

Anthony Davis highlights...unimpressed.