mcnabb WILL be traded

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Buffalo does not have a QB that can start in the NFL and get you to a playoff game. Say that out loud and then tell me ONE reason why you would not want a proven winner here.

Give up a first if you have to (maybe offer next years first instead). Throw a 2nd this year and a third next year, whatever. In order to win in this sport, you HAVE to have a QB. So what if he only has 3 years left. Draft a QB in the 3rd or wait until next year and have him learn. Don't you at least want the POSSIBILITY of making the playoffs again? Nobody on this roster can get you to the next level.....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN's John Clayton said on SportsCenter Thursday evening that he is convinced the Eagles will trade Donovan McNabb.

The Eagles insist otherwise, but it'll be hard for them to resist if a team offers a first-rounder or multiple early-round draft choices, which we suspect someone will. Philadelphia is young at just about every position, save quarterback. There is reason to believe Kevin Kolb, 25, is a more accurate passer than McNabb, and at least gives the Birds an equal chance to win.

Broncos deny interst in McNabb

Not sure if the Bills are in a position to acquire an aging QB. I'd rather seem them spend the picks on rebuilding. If the Bills were an 8-8 team, I'd say yes. but we were a 6-10 team, that played like a 2-14 team.

Sure, the Cardinals did well with Warner. But the Cardinals had a solid O-Line, an incredible tandem of primary and secondary receivers and a play making defense.

The Bills were 6-10 true enough. But if you review the season, if they had any type of offense,

they could have been 10-6. Even with that horrible line. QB was a big reason for their troubles.

If they were to give up a 2nd rounder McNabb should be better than that second rounder.

He's worth a 5th round pick or Marshawn straight up AND THAT IS IT. Sure he has skills, but he's aging and also made out of tape and balsa wood. Not worth sacrificing our future for 2 years (if he dosen't get killed) of QB play. Lets face it, the Buffalo Bills are not there yet. Maybe we are good enough to get into the playoffs, but we definately are not winning the SB in the next two seasons.

It kills me how quickly people are willing to trade away young potential for aging talent. Anyone remember Bledsoe?

What young potential? You don't know what you get with the 2nd round pick. You know what you get with McNabb. And the Bills need a QB, no? There are many ways to wheel and deal through the draft. If they give up a 2nd whose to say they won't acquire another one from another deal?

What young potential? You don't know what you get with the 2nd round pick. You know what you get with McNabb. And the Bills need a QB, no? There are many ways to wheel and deal through the draft. If they give up a 2nd whose to say they won't acquire another one from another deal?

I agree, you could give up the 2nd for him, and if possible trade down and regain it.

True enough- you never know what you are going to get. But with Nix, Whaley and Modrak running the draft, I have a very good feeling that this draft class will be even better than last years (lets hold off on the Maybin zingers- for all we know Jauron/Wilson over ruled Nix and Modrak).

We were a 6-10 team last year that could have been an 8-8 team. With a new coach who has a history of getting the most out of his players and another steller draft class, tell me why we can't be a 9-7, 10-6 team? Hell, the Fins went from 1-15 to 11-5 in 1 season! Granted, McNabb will win us a few games on his own, but when he's out of the league in 2 or 3 years and the 2nd round pick that we traded to get McNabb is tearing it up for Philly- tell me then if you think trading for McNabb was worth it.

Plus, I seriously doubt we can keep him healthy for a full season. If the Eagles can't do it, how are we going to do it?

I fear for moves like this. We supposedly brought in Nix to build through the draft. Bringing in more late career skill players onto a team that is barely able to move the football makes no sense. We need to fill positions. We have a 3-4 to build. We need depth, not players that will create ticket sales. The TO experiment blew up. Turns out he couldn't throw the ball and catch it at the same time.

Parity is dead. The cap is off. We need quality young players who we can develop. We're not going to the playoffs this year, probably not next, assuming we play at all. Gotta hope that the new coaching staff really can teach and motivate and bring a winner back to WNY.

I fear for moves like this. We supposedly brought in Nix to build through the draft. Bringing in more late career skill players onto a team that is barely able to move the football makes no sense. We need to fill positions. We have a 3-4 to build. We need depth, not players that will create ticket sales. The TO experiment blew up. Turns out he couldn't throw the ball and catch it at the same time.

Parity is dead. The cap is off. We need quality young players who we can develop. We're not going to the playoffs this year, probably not next, assuming we play at all. Gotta hope that the new coaching staff really can teach and motivate and bring a winner back to WNY.

You said it better than me!

either way whether we get mcnabb or not we are going to need to get a veteran guy to come in here to build the quarterback we take in the draft this year to sit behind and learn from for about a year or 2. what if us and the eagles swapped first round picks. we could give them our 9 for mcnabb and their 24th pick in which case we could still get a good offensive lineman and still draft a quarterback in one of the later rounds since it seems there is a deep class of quarterbacks this year.

Haven’t we been down this road before? How did the Bledsoe think work out? We need to build for the future, not just a quick fix then back to square one again. Old teams get older; young teams get better.

Bills are a young team. How's that been workin' out for us? Vikes signed Brett "old as dirt" Favre. How did that work out for them?

either way whether we get mcnabb or not we are going to need to get a veteran guy to come in here to build the quarterback we take in the draft this year to sit behind and learn from for about a year or 2. what if us and the eagles swapped first round picks. we could give them our 9 for mcnabb and their 24th pick in which case we could still get a good offensive lineman and still draft a quarterback in one of the later rounds since it seems there is a deep class of quarterbacks this year.

The days of riding the bench for 2 years behind a veteren are over. Think Big Ben, Flacco, Matt Ryan maybe even Sanchez and Stafford from this last draft- They didn't light it up but certainly each showed promise.

Bills are a young team. How's that been workin' out for us? Vikes signed Brett "old as dirt" Favre. How did that work out for them?

old as dirt favre was surrounded by young as hell quality players with a realistic top 2 rb. and once again, favre benefited from a spectacular d as he did in green bay the year they won it all vs the pats.

old as dirt would have been crippled if he was in buffalo last year.

the biggest reason i'm not big on mcnabb is he's never had a team is disarray like the bill are. mcnabb has always had a solid defense, and good to great weapons on offense.

can anyone honestly say the bills have either right now? or will at the start of next year?

i'd rather have vick as he is likely still more mobile than mcnabb and fits the bills better due to that.......

if we got mcnabb, i wouldnt be disappointed, but rather interested to see if he fades like drew

old as dirt favre was surrounded by young as hell quality players with a realistic top 2 rb. and once again, favre benefited from a spectacular d as he did in green bay the year they won it all vs the pats.

old as dirt would have been crippled if he was in buffalo last year.

the biggest reason i'm not big on mcnabb is he's never had a team is disarray like the bill are. mcnabb has always had a solid defense, and good to great weapons on offense.

can anyone honestly say the bills have either right now? or will at the start of next year?

i'd rather have vick as he is likely still more mobile than mcnabb and fits the bills better due to that.......

if we got mcnabb, i wouldnt be disappointed, but rather interested to see if he fades like drew

Besides TO for 1 year who has he had not including westbrook and what he had this year.

Mcnabb may not be worth a first, but after all of the sh*ty qbs that we have had over the years, i would do it in a heart beat

He's worth a first but #9 is to valueable to us. The only position we can't get via FA is a Franchise LT this draft I believe is loaded with them in the first round. I'd give Lynch and a conditional pick that could be a rd.1 for next year but if he didn't last 2 yrs. then they would have to return a 1st in exchange for our 3rd a different year.