Daytona 500 Sunday!!!

EZC-Boston

Probably pretty obvious who I'm backing. I went to the race 2 years ago and was bummed I wasn't going last year and having similar feelings this year as well. Can't wait until Sunday, but Gatorade Duels today, Danica races Saturday, should be a great weekend for racing.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought tickets to last year's race and had a good time. I'm DVR'ing the Duels today and will watch them when I get home. I'm pulling for Tony Stewart to finally win this race on Sunday.

Hope Junior gets a decent set of wheels, passes 5 cars and spins out Pinch (Kyle Bush) on the last lap to win!!!

Bobby Labonte has been my guy since I first started following NASCAR in 1998. I was a JGR fan when he was with them and I also like TS.

Hopefully BL's equipment is better this year after changing teams.

Gordon is annoying. I wanna see an engine fail on lap one for him. A good friend of mine who was a Jr. fan died last year and so I'd like to see Jr. do well.

Haven't heard him called 'Pinch'. I've heard Kyle called "Shrub"- little Busch.

I coined that name for him along with my wife . His face looks all "pinched", especially when he's all in a snit about whatever he gets in snits about. Great driver, but a real jerk at times.

I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of NASCAR, so maybe one of you guys can answer this for me...I'm aware that Kyle Busch is one of the better drivers, but that everybody just seems to viscerally hate him...why is this?

Kyle tends to wear his emotions on his sleeve. He is who he is and will not change to appease the public. Given the cocky/confident attitude it rubs people the wrong way. It's not unlike Dale Earnhardt was, to a degree. A friend of mine summarizes it best, "Kyle Busch is more Dale Earnhardt than Dale Earnhardt Jr. is."

Personally I've seen him be a little ornery but I have no problem with it. He's one of the best drivers in NASCAR- all three series: Sprint Cup, Nationwide, Trucks. Busch won about 20 races in all three divisions each of the last two years.