Daytona 500 Sunday!!!

EZC-Boston

63/64 largest size since 1 inch used in 1989.

The old iron rocked.

Even with the huge improvements in tire technology and aerodynamics today, the old stuff still owns all the speed records. I didn't care for Chrysler's winged jobs, which they produced to combat Ford's 427 wedge tunnel-port motor. Ford came back with the 427 Cammer motor, which got banned. Ford came back again with the 429 Boss pushrod heads (huge intake ports - the diameter where they mated with the intake manifold was larger that the diameter of a baseball). I think it was around that time that the max c.i. was reduced.

Myself, I wish they would dump the team telecommunications.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably pretty obvious who I'm backing. I went to the race 2 years ago and was bummed I wasn't going last year and having similar feelings this year as well. Can't wait until Sunday, but Gatorade Duels today, Danica races Saturday, should be a great weekend for racing.

Do you go to New Hampshire? Last time I looked pricing was not bad, and a shorter 1 mile track which I like. Tickets were comparable to a Bills game I thought

5 years ago I tried to book tickets for Bristol for my family of 4. I was quoted $600. Said I'd take it, they said OK 4 tickets at $600 each.................uh forget it :unsure:

OK, my pick, well someone has to take Jimmy J although he can struggle at Daytona

I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of NASCAR, so maybe one of you guys can answer this for me...I'm aware that Kyle Busch is one of the better drivers, but that everybody just seems to viscerally hate him...why is this?

Pinch can be a giant rectal itch from time to time. Great driver but his maturity hasn't quite caught up with his age.

Pinch can be a giant rectal itch from time to time. Great driver but his maturity hasn't quite caught up with his age.

Yeah, well whatever. Keep in mind that Kyle Busch was the odd man out when Hendricks decided to sign JR to drive the 88. The rest is history.

Yeah, well whatever. Keep in mind that Kyle Busch was the odd man out when Hendricks decided to sign JR to drive the 88. The rest is history.

Whatever, indeed. Pinch loves playing his role. As long as he races hard AND clean, admits when he's wrong and stops whining, he's good to go.

Whatever, indeed. Pinch loves playing his role. As long as he races hard AND clean, admits when he's wrong and stops whining, he's good to go.

'Pinch' otherwise known as Rowdy and Wild Thing to most... is the best overall talent in NASCAR's top-3 series. You are right that he definitely relishes his role, and so do the fans.

As far as predicting a winner on Sunday, I would say look no further than the first three rows of the starting grid. I think one of those six is your 2010 Daytona 500 Champion. However with the truck race being delayed until tomorrow night, I'm not so sure about Busch's chances on Sunday. The kid is an animal but that's a whole lot of racing/ happy hour practice in a 24 hour period. We'll see what he does.

Bobby Labonte has been my guy since I first started following NASCAR in 1998. I was a JGR fan when he was with them and I also like TS.

Hopefully BL's equipment is better this year after changing teams.

Gordon is annoying. I wanna see an engine fail on lap one for him. A good friend of mine who was a Jr. fan died last year and so I'd like to see Jr. do well.

You and I have more in common than I ever would have thought... Bobby finishing 2nd to The Old Man in '98 is my favorite race of all time. Had Bobby had that last lap, his Pontiac would have prevailed. There is no doubt in my mind. Anyone who may doubt this needs to simply youtube the finish of that race.

Gordon is starting from the back, so let's not wish too much ill will on him just yet. It's Daytona and anything can happen.

I have a co-worker who is into NASCAR. Every couple weeks or so he asks me if I'm going to watch The Race This Weekend

Today I asked him in front of a bunch of other people if he was going to watch The Race This Weekend.

He said Yes

I responded...That makes one of us :nana:

I have a co-worker who is into NASCAR. Every couple weeks or so he asks me if I'm going to watch The Race This Weekend

Today I asked him in front of a bunch of other people if he was going to watch The Race This Weekend.

He said Yes

I really don't understand the need by some people to rip on NASCAR fans. What's your reasoning funny man?

I really don't understand the need by some people to rip on NASCAR fans. What's your reasoning funny man?

I don't rip on NASCAR fans in general. I just like giving this particular one a ton of sh*t for being redneck

He gives me a ton of sh*t too (or tries to but I usually win)

He said Yes

This Friend of mine is obsessed with NASCAR. I get almost daily reports on how Jimmy Johnson beat everyone with old tires, how much money he makes, etc. All I ever do is try to change the subject and he will not stop. This has been going on for 15 years and he still has not got the idea that I JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT NASCAR.

This Friend of mine is obsessed with NASCAR. I get almost daily reports on how Jimmy Johnson beat everyone with old tires, how much money he makes, etc. All I ever do is try to change the subject and he will not stop. This has been going on for 15 years and he still has not got the idea that I JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT NASCAR.

If you wanted to put your friend in his place, take a few minutes and google the number of times that Chad Knauss has been suspended and fined by NASCAR. Johnson has only been in the sport since 2002, so I doubt you friend is a true NASCAR fan. He sounds kind of lame to me.

If you wanted to put your friend in his place, take a few minutes and google the number of times that Chad Knauss has been suspended and fined by NASCAR. Johnson has only been in the sport since 2002, so I doubt you friend is a true NASCAR fan. He sounds kind of lame to me.

No he knows his s*** believe me . The guy started working as a mechanic at a Chrysler dealership in the 426 max wedge days, and has been in the business ever since. I just don't carry his enthusiasm.

He gives me sh*t about the Bills, the Steelers, and Penn St

His driver is Jeff Gordon

I told him my favorite driver is Dick Trickle

Well - he should give you **** about the Bills and Penn State at least... Steelers, not so sure about that...

As far as Gordon as his favorite driver - you have my permission to rip on him at will, and I highly encourage you to do so. Let me know if you need and ammo as I'd be happy to provide you with some.

Dick Trickle? Kinda funny, but if you really want to spin his head around tell him you're a fan of Dave Marcis because he was a hunting buddy and friend of The Old Man.