Pitoniak

turftoe

No way for McNabb. He has been breaking down in second half of the season. His mind is elsewhere. I think a 3rd or higher is reasonable. But no way a 1st.

Where do you do your research I have no defence for the Injury thing but I will say he is on the field more than not. Because of an injury in the first Quarter of game 1 he had 79 yrds passing through the first 3 games he finished with 3,553 22 10 his last 9 games of the season 2,785 16 9.

Brees 2,988 21 9 on a much better team. Use the injury thing at least there are some facts to back you up.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you do your research I have no defence for the Injury thing but I will say he is on the field more than not. Because of an injury in the first Quarter of game 1 he had 79 yrds passing through the first 3 games he finished with 3,553 22 10 his last 9 games of the season 2,785 16 9.

Brees 2,988 21 9 on a much better team. Use the injury thing at least there are some facts to back you up.

his best days are behind him

Kolb is a hundred times better right now

I would trade Maybin for McNabb wouldnt you?

This is the Bills guys, we draft Whitners and McCargos and Maybins with our top picks, not Ed Reeds, Ngatas and Orakpos. Our first round picks are basically UDFA. We have the same personnel in the FO as last year, just without guy. Nix was in the draft room when they signed off on Maybin. What makes you think it will be any different this year?

a top ten pick is worth squat in the hands of the Bills FO. We might as well get a sure fire PB QB out of it.

The people who drafted those players are gone i tink last years draft is proof so far according to one sourceit is an A they had no way of knowing Maybin would hold out and we have no way of knowing what would have been if he didn't. Fewell said he was drafted to be an OLB but they could not transition him because he did come to camp. Hope fully he doesn't think 18 tackles and a couple of pressures is worthy of a new contract.

his best days are behind him

Kolb is a hundred times better right now

and you base that on WHAT? Double I just showed you his stats for his last 9 games looked good to me and he is the same age as Manning and only a year younger than Brady Favre is forty and Warner is 38 and they both still play at a high level. Honest opinions are based on some sort of facts what your saying is based on what something a witch doctor told you. #2 kolb had 2 good games and all of the sudden he is a future hall of famer lets hope the Eagles think like you do and we will make out good but they will look at the facts and unless they are willing to gamble with the other 2 McNabb is not going anywhere. Unless they can make up for his loss with value. The only trade that makes sence is Lynch, Whitner, and quality draft picks all the things that they need for the future. I do believe Kolb will be a great QB but they will have to be strong in other areas to overcome the loss next year and maybe the year after.

I wouldn't want to trade 9 for McNabb. I'd trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd and then trade a mid to late 1st rounder for him. I think we should also keep in mind that switching to a 3-4 means we'll be getting rid of at least a handfull of defensive guys. There are still around, if not more than, half the teams in the nfl playing 4-3, so, we've got some trade potential there... especially with teams like Chicago, Texans, Indy - to name a few. I'd throw Marshawn and a 3rd at Philly for McNabb. I'm saying we should be able to get him without giving up 9. The Eagles need to get better to win a Super Bowl. They need players. With their new OL, how would a back like Lynch look there?

Did he actually say we should trade our first rounder for McNabb?

Is this guy out of his mind?

Eagles are smoking crack if they think anyone is trading a first rounder for McNabb. His injury concerns alone make that ridiculous. 2nd or 3rd+5th/6th are all they would likely get for him...

Eagles are smoking crack if they think anyone is trading a first rounder for McNabb. His injury concerns alone make that ridiculous. 2nd or 3rd+5th/6th are all they would likely get for him...

Apparently there are plenty here partaking in the crack smoking. :)

Donovan McNabb's career in the NFL is the mirror image of Charles Barkley's career in the NBA. Good enough to get you to the playoffs but not nearly good enough to beat the teams with really good players like Michael, Isiah and Magic.

He's on the downside of his career, will never win you a championship, and is not worth anything more than a fourth round pick. Even giving the Eagles a third would be a foolish thing to do.

Apparently there are plenty here partaking in the crack smoking. :)

I'll take some of that crack please. I'd do it in a minute. You gotta have QB to win. Baloney on the 3-4 year rebuilding plan. We have decent players. Fill in some holes (biggest at QB) and bring in an offensive minded coach with some success in NFL (done) and just don't make the defense any worse, and we're once again playing meaningful games after Thanksgiving. It's a good start.

Those of you espousing 3 -4 year rebuilding plan realize that in that 4th year, most of our current players and some of our new ones will be FAs and either require big bucks to keep or will have to be replaced, right? 21st century NFL teams come with a revolving door. Get the most best guys in you can in any year and run with it. Thinking you're going to build through the draft and have a 5 year plan has gone the way of the single bar face mask.

I'll take some of that crack please. I'd do it in a minute. You gotta have QB to win. Baloney on the 3-4 year rebuilding plan. We have decent players. Fill in some holes (biggest at QB) and bring in an offensive minded coach with some success in NFL (done) and just don't make the defense any worse, and we're once again playing meaningful games after Thanksgiving. It's a good start.

Those of you espousing 3 -4 year rebuilding plan realize that in that 4th year, most of our current players and some of our new ones will be FAs and either require big bucks to keep or will have to be replaced, right? 21st century NFL teams come with a revolving door. Get the most best guys in you can in any year and run with it. Thinking you're going to build through the draft and have a 5 year plan has gone the way of the single bar face mask.

Everyone here agrees that we need to find a good QB to win. That's why their best option is to either draft Bradford/Claussen if either are there (or through trading up), or they need to use this years picks on fortifying the other important starting roster spots (OT, DT, LB, DE) and then finding their future star QB next year in the first round.

McNabb looks old to me and Buffalo's a team that's going through a complete overhaul. Even when he was young and was playing on good teams he was never able to get over the hump. To me, it'd be a ticket selling move and not a move that would be towards the goal of the Bills one day winning a Superbowl.

If the Bills ever did use their #9 pick on him, it would go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history and it would cement their position as the laughingstock franchise of the NFL.

We should. Either that or Marshawn and a couple or 3rd or 4ths this year or next.

No way in hell the Bills should Trade #9 Overall for McNabb...I think that would possibly be the final straw for Me and this Organization if they did so...Not for a QB McNabb's age...No way...

Now Lynch and a 3rd or 4th I'm AOK with... :)

Everyone here agrees that we need to find a good QB to win. That's why their best option is to either draft Bradford/Claussen if either are there (or through trading up), or they need to use this years picks on fortifying the other important starting roster spots (OT, DT, LB, DE) and then finding their future star QB next year in the first round.

Why is finding your next QB in the first round of the draft so important? Of the last 10 Super Bowls, only 3 have been won by teams with a 1st round pick at QB they drafted. Big Ben twice and Peyton Manning. Most are guys picked up along the way like Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Eli Manning, and Drew Brees. I think we'd be better off to try to go this route then try to draft someone and groom them to be a great QB. We' haven't had a log of success with that. It could even be argued that Kelly did most of his learning in the USFL.

Bring McNabb in and at least be competitive and actually play a season trying to win and not be trying to find/develop a new QB. 2010 would be going on 6 years if we did what you want.

Yeah we all want to win a Super Bowl someday. But the top 12 teams make the playoffs and the top 8 have a playoff game at home. Let's shoot for that first and then build from there. At his point I'd be happy with a meaningful game in December. JMO.

Why is finding your next QB in the first round of the draft so important? Of the last 10 Super Bowls, only 3 have been won by teams with a 1st round pick at QB they drafted. Big Ben twice and Peyton Manning. Most are guys picked up along the way like Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Eli Manning, and Drew Brees. I think we'd be better off to try to go this route then try to draft someone and groom them to be a great QB. We' haven't had a log of success with that. It could even be argued that Kelly did most of his learning in the USFL.

Bring McNabb in and at least be competitive and actually play a season trying to win and not be trying to find/develop a new QB. 2010 would be going on 6 years if we did what you want.

Yeah we all want to win a Super Bowl someday. But the top 12 teams make the playoffs and the top 8 have a playoff game at home. Let's shoot for that first and then build from there. At his point I'd be happy with a meaningful game in December. JMO.

Eli Manning?

If we trade our #1 for Mcnabb it clearly shows we are run by a bunch of clowns. I might trade the #9 overpick for Manning, Brees, Rivers, Brady and maybe a Rogers but not for an aging vet like Mcnabb. I would love to see a play for him but anything more than a thrid round this year is too much. Fix the DAMN Lines first he is not a good enough QB to make the line look good like manning can.

Are you kidding me? First of all I would KILL to have aaron rodgers considering what he does despite his O-line. And I would much rather have McNabb over f***ing Maybin. He may be old but he is certainly proven... can't say the same about Bradford or Clausen

No way we should give up our first round pick this year.

No way at all!

NO WAY! A first for McNabb is outrageous, stupid, a reach, ludicrious, moronic, a waste, misquided, poor judgement, a sign of the more things change the more they stay the same, terrible ...... did I leave anything out?