I feel bad for Nix

Actually I dont fall into that boat.....he could make one of many selections I would not find fault with it.

I have said this many times since the Nix promotion.....it isn't just what happens with that 1st round pick.....guys like him know how to find talent in rounds 2-7

I would be very curious to know if Byrd was a "Nix selection"

The community is so divided on what the bills should do in the first round that i actually feel bad for nix. No matter what his decision ends up being, whether he chooses a LT,QB or a defensive player, half of the people are going to hate him for it. he's got a tough draft coming up.

No matter who he picks I will give that player three years before I make a judgement.

On the other hand...no matter what he picks, he'll be filling a major need! So he can't lose! :unsure:

You got the right frame of mind. Just pick good players who can play. There are so many holes to fill that whatever strategy he takes will be reasonable. In my view he is going to concentrate on the lines, both sides of the ball. Anyone who thinks that Nix is going to propel the team into playoff contention in one year does't realize how bad this roster is and and how bad the front office is prior to his arrival.

hopefully he will pick a corner in the 1st :unsure:

... and i wouldn't feel to bad for him, he already stated in one of his interviews that he doesn't care about what the media or anyone else has to say about his decisions. Proof of this? Choosing Chan as HC

Considering the fact that nix said, " I don't care" in terms of popularity of decisions, i don't care either, I am confident he's gonna make good picks. The power of the fans is highly overrated, you think the eagles GM gave 2 sh*ts about the fans opinion when he drafted Mcnabb, of course not. Nix will take the guy he believes is right for the team.

The community is so divided on what the bills should do in the first round that i actually feel bad for nix. No matter what his decision ends up being, whether he chooses a LT,QB or a defensive player, half of the people are going to hate him for it. he's got a tough draft coming up.

I'll judge Nix and Gailey based on their win loss record next season. No honeymoon, no excuses. If they pick a qb (although I personally think that would be an awfully dumb move) and go to the playoffs...I'll love them. If they pick an OT (in my opinion the smartest move) and go to the playoffs...I'll love them. If they pick a frickin cornerback and go to the playoffs...I'll love them.

Fact is I'm tired of coach's and managers failing to meet the bottom line. If they lose or fail to have a winning season...I'll hate'em.

Agreed...which is why I hope this decision is taken out of his hands by the teams drafting in front of him...

Can you imagine us on the clock at #9 with the following on the board...

Okung

Bulaga

McClain

Bradford

Clausen

NO chance of happening but realistically I could see one of the QBs, Bulaga, and McClain being available at #9...then what...

Unless Buddy trades for McNabb, he should take a QB, if he thinks the kid can become a franchise QB within a couple of years, with the #9 pick. In almost every case, when a team is starting from scratch, drafting a franchise QB is the best way to start. If Nix agrees with some of the experts, and doesn't think any of the QB's in the draft are "franchise" guys, then fine. Draft the OT or the DT or the OLB. But I will always be convinced that when you don't have a franchise QB, you need to draft one or somehow trade for one in his prime ASAP.

Don't forget, if the first pick is a QB, they don't have to start him right away, just work him in here and there. If the line still looks suspect let someone else take most of the pounding but make sure the line is priority #1 in year two.

Thankfully, we have a GM that doesn't give a **** what the fans think should be done.

I'll judge Nix and Gailey based on their win loss record next season. No honeymoon, no excuses. If they pick a qb (although I personally think that would be an awfully dumb move) and go to the playoffs...I'll love them. If they pick an OT (in my opinion the smartest move) and go to the playoffs...I'll love them. If they pick a frickin cornerback and go to the playoffs...I'll love them.

Fact is I'm tired of coach's and managers failing to meet the bottom line. If they lose or fail to have a winning season...I'll hate'em.

What if 9-7 or 10-6 is not good enough for the playoffs will you hold it against them?

According to some around here it's easy to know if a guy is a bust after one season, even if he missed training camp and the coaching staff has no idea what it's doing.

now you're being silly, its very easy to call a player a bust after 1 season< look here's the formula, if player X is drafted by the bills, and is NOT a first ballot HOFer by the end of yr 1, then he is a BUST. its really easy