Even more than ever

ieatcrayonz

I have always had as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but until I saw an actual cadaver sing at the Super Bowl, even I didn't know what could be done.

When I saw this corpse belting out a tune without a respirtator or heart attack, I wondered if some day old people might be able to drive their cars in a straight line. When I saw his carcass of a partner faking playing a gutiar I realized that some day old people may be able to fake their way through an eye test.

These two stiffs have re-opened my eyes and given me more respect than ever.

I have always had as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but until I saw an actual cadaver sing at the Super Bowl, even I didn't know what could be done.

When I saw this corpse belting out a tune without a respirtator or heart attack, I wondered if some day old people might be able to drive their cars in a straight line. When I saw his carcass of a partner faking playing a gutiar I realized that some day old people may be able to fake their way through an eye test.

They really sounded awful. So depressing seeing Townsend miss all those notes and Daltrey sound like half the singer he once was. I saw them in 1997 and they kind of killed it...think there should be some rule that says once half the band dies the band can no longer be a band.

see: New York Dolls

Yeah, that was a terrible performance, Daltrey sounded horrible. No more Moon = no more The Who, just like Zeppelin ended when Bonham died.

They toured later with Bonham's son on drums.

I agree the Who were not the same after Moon died. Then when Entwhistle died, it truly was the end.

Daltrey and Townsend might be interesting in a small venue "unplugged" but they are not a power rock band anymore. I love the Who but tonight was kind of sad.

Pretty disrespectful way to put it....but I cannot disagree. I drew my kids close to me with high expectations, explaining that this may be as close as they will ever get to the legendary Who. I felt embarassed for them. Poor Pete's shirt kept flopping open revealing his old man tummy. All in all, not their fault or anything but they should simply bill themselves as Daltrey/Townshend. Then again CBS wouldn't pay the big bucks if that were the case...

The theatrics were spectacular. They've been known for great visual shows since they days they smashed all the intruments on stage at the conclusion of the show (a buddy of mine still has a mic from their show at Melody Fair- of all places). They sounded terrible playing though, until I slapped the headphones on. Surround sound tech simply doesn't deliver in the open like it does through headphones. With them, they really sounded great- geriatrics notwithstanding..

:thumbsup:

The very first line of my post explains I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone.

Well, if that were true then you would not be applying the terms corpse and cadaver to a couple of guys that last time I checked, were still Rock Legends. :blush:

I mean c'mon it is funny when those terms are applied to Jauron......but this is the freakin' WHO we are talking about here people! :worthy:

Well, if that were true then you would not be applying the terms corpse and cadaver to a couple of guys that last time I checked, were still Rock Legends. :thumbsup:

I mean c'mon it is funny when those terms are applied to Jauron......but this is the freakin' WHO we are talking about here people! :blush:

Haven't you learned not to be sucked in by a crayonz post yet?

Did anyone else get the impression that the scream from "won't get fooled again" was pre-taped. Throughout the entire performance the camera was close to the band, but during the scream the shot was from like the last row of the upper deck. Plus it sounded a lot better than the rest of Daltrey's vocals.

the whole set reminded me of this time I was at a ribs fest in Pittsburgh. I was making fun of the band playing for covering so many Grand Funk Railroad songs. Badly. The band turned out to be Grand Funk Railroad.

Oh quit your crying :unsure: XTC embarrassed himself enough in the Green Day thread.

That is a pet peeve of mine. Crayonz will have a good thread going with a couple of suckers on the line and inevitably, someone steps in and ruins it. Can't you just sit back and enjoy the show?

That is a pet peeve of mine. Crayonz will have a good thread going with a couple of suckers on the line and inevitably, someone steps in and ruins it. Can't you just sit back and enjoy the show?

:unsure: Sorry for ruining your fun.

Oh quit your crying :unsure: XTC embarrassed himself enough in the Green Day thread.

No more or less than the hardhead I was "debating" with. Bottom line: don't rip a band if you know nothing about them beyond vague surface information.

No more or less than the hardhead I was "debating" with. Bottom line: don't rip a band if you know nothing about them beyond vague surface information.

If I don't like the band I'll rip them every !@#$ing chance I get. God you're a !@#$ing idiot. And you call me a hard head.

If I don't like the band I'll rip them every !@#$ing chance I get. God you're a !@#$ing idiot. And you call me a hard head.

Up until about a week ago, you had heard exactly two XTC songs. You hate being called an idiot yourself, yet you just keep tossing out the insults even after I let everything go. I may be a lot of things but I can promise you that I am not an idiot. I hate that I called you a bunch of names but things escalated.

Again, I could care less what/who you like. Never has been my point.... I can't stand it when people judge things based off of a brief exposure. Is that how you would like to be judged or defined? Does one period of your life or event pigeonhole and define YOU.

It would be great if we could carry on a civil conversation. I never said that you SHOULD like any band EVER. You made an off the cuff remark that the band was comprised of lousy musicians, I refuted that with evidence that suggested otherwise. What is so hard about this? You don't have to like something in order to recognize a talent in it. Sheeesh! :thumbsup: