• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Via Twitter:

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/02/...-be-considered/

Personally, I don't think he had the arm strength for Buffalo in his prime, let alone now. Not questioning his leadership or football intelligence, he's a great football player, just a better fit for a dome or warm weather team.

If Buffalo was his only option to remain in the league he would retire. He recently stated that he might consider going back to the Jets as a backup if he wasn't retained by the Phins. I strongly suspect that he is going to retire before the season starts. Chad Pennington is a class act who has had a long career because of his smarts and not because of his arm.

You couldn't get a more uninspiring choice than Chad Pennington. Furthermore, if the source is right and they are considering him then this is officially first time I have to seriously question the intelligence of the new Bills' brain trust. The Bills starting QB must have a decent to strong arm, period. While Pennington has good accuracy his arm is so weak that the 13 year old kid Kiffin is trying to recruit can out throw him.

If they don't get Bradford, Claussen or Vick the Bills should concentrate on building the foundation. They should then draft Jarrett Brown in the 5th round of the upcoming draft and let Fitzy and Brohm compete for the job. I don't see why this isn't a viable option. If neither of them pan out then the Bills will have had Brown (who throws a great ball) in their system for a year and still can go after their QB of the future in the first round of the 2011 draft if Brown is still a big project.

This should be their board on draft day...

1st rd

QB Bradford or Claussen

if neither are there go OT

2nd rd

DL

3rd rd

LB

4th rd

LB

5th rd

Brown if OT in 1st

I don't see why Fitzy and Brohm is such a bad deal for Bills fans. We all know that we either need a star QB or go with building the lines and new defensive system. I'm just as excited about who we can get with the non-QB first to fourth round picks. They will be the building blocks of a hopefully very bright Bills' future.

You couldn't get a more uninspiring choice than Chad Pennington. Furthermore, if the source is right and they are considering him then this is officially first time I have to seriously question the intelligence of the new Bills' brain trust. The Bills starting QB must have a decent to strong arm, period. While Pennington has good accuracy his arm is so weak that the 13 year old kid Kiffin is trying to recruit can out throw him.

If they don't get Bradford, Claussen or Vick the Bills should concentrate on building the foundation. They should then draft Jarrett Brown in the 5th round of the upcoming draft and let Fitzy and Brohm compete for the job. I don't see why this isn't a viable option. If neither of them pan out then the Bills will have had Brown (who throws a great ball) in their system for a year and still can go after their QB of the future in the first round of the 2011 draft if Brown is still a big project.

1st rd

QB Bradford or Claussen

2nd rd

DL

3rd rd

LB

4th rd

LB

5th rd

Brown if OT in 1st

I don't see why Fitzy and Brohm is such a bad deal for Bills fans. We all know that we either need a star QB or go with building the lines and new defensive system. I'm just as excited about who we can get with the non-QB first to fourth round picks. They will be the building blocks of a hopefully very bright Bills' future.

Fitzpatrick? Are you serious. Did you watch him last year?

I just don't think that Bradford, Clausen, or Vick would work in Buffalo. I think we NEED to go OT then NT in rounds 1 & 2, and then get someone like the much discussed LeFevour in the third (for the record I am not in favor of drafting Pike). This draft should be all about the lines, and maybe a QB in the third and an ILB later on.

Bring in someone like (in no particular order): Collins, Thigpen, Garcia, Pennington (although I doubt we actually do go after him), or dare I say McNabb?? etc. Have Brohm/Rookie QB learn from the veteran. Does bringing in one of the aforementioned veteran qb's mean I think that they will be probowlers? Of course not (well, perhaps McNabb could be). However I do think any of them would be a huge improvement over what we currently have.

1st rd

QB Bradford or Claussen

2nd rd

DL

3rd rd

LB

4th rd

LB

5th rd

Brown if OT in 1st

I'll go one better than you and say that the Bills should draft Garrett Brown in the fourth round. His tools are as good as any qb in the draft. What he lacks is experience. He patiently waited behind Pat White at WVU for three years before his opportunity to start his senior year. A lot of players in his situation would have transferred. He didn't. Not only does he have physical skills he has high character skills which add to his appeal.

Brown has a strong and accurate arm, he is mobile and he can throw on the run. He would be an intriquing developmental prospect with a lot of upside.

Fitzpatrick? Are you serious. Did you watch him last year?

Fitzy threw three touchdowns in a blizzard in his last game this past season. Is he the future of the Bills? Probably not, but that doesn't mean he can't be a one year option with him competing for starting duties with Brohm. If the Bills fail to land Bradford or Claussen then they should concentrate on OL, DL and LB positions. It's either one direction or the other. I'm fine with the Fitzy/Brohm duo if it means they have built the foundation for the probable 2011 first round QB if they don't get one of the aforementioned first round QBs this year.

1st rd

QB Bradford or Claussen

2nd rd

DL

3rd rd

LB

4th rd

LB

5th rd

Brown if OT in 1st

wrong wrong wrong.

Pennington played most of his career in the worst wind staduim in the league. He was Never known for his arm strenth even before the injuries. He has one of the best comp ratios in the hostory of the nfl and oh yeah he wins games.

Perfect long tern solution , hell no, good qb for the a could of years oh yeah

Fitzy threw three touchdowns in a blizzard in his last game this past season. Is he the future of the Bills? Probably not, but that doesn't mean he can't be a one year option with him competing for starting duties with Brohm. If the Bills fail to land Bradford or Claussen then they should concentrate on OL, DL and LB positions. It's either one direction or the other. I'm fine with the Fitzy/Brohm duo if it means they have built the foundation for the probable 2011 first round QB if they don't get one of the aforementioned first round QBs this year.

Could work or might have to work. Not much out there.I think T. Jackson was showing promise before Farve. He has a big arm without the problems.

Just say NO!!!! to Pennington! He didn't have the arm strength to play in Buffalo before the injuries and surgaries.

Now? Forgetaboutit!

He'd know where to go with the ball but wouldn't be able to get it there...

Unless we're going to Wildcat he has no role here. He's old, oft-injured, weak armed and has proven he can't remain a starter where ever he's been. He's not the future.

1st rd

QB Bradford or Claussen

2nd rd

DL

3rd rd

LB

4th rd

LB

5th rd

Brown if OT in 1st

What part of Neither are a starting calibre QB are you guys still missing? There isn't one QB on this roster that should even sniff starting snaps.

Unless we're going to Wildcat he has no role here. He's old, oft-injured, weak armed and has proven he can't remain a starter where ever he's been. He's not the future.

the future in the nfl is the next season. you keep builing through the draft and then put the best pieces together you can and win as many games as you can. Pennington would prob offer us the best chance to win games next year.