CNNSI Don Banks first round mock

I didn't see this anywhere so: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...ft.1/index.html

There's plenty of divided opinion on Clausen and some teams would never consider him for a top 10 draft slot. In reality, given that the tandem of new coach Chan Gailey and new GM Buddy Nix aren't building with a five-year plan in mind, the Bills will probably seek a veteran quarterback like Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb in the pre-draft months and eschew selecting a first-round QB. Buffalo is desperate for help at offensive tackle, but until it signals its intentions at quarterback, we'll give them Clausen without much enthusiasm

Hope not. Especially if McClain and Bulaga are on the board.

Here we go with the linebacker BS again. Get a QB first, fix both lines 1A THEN think about linebackers. If we are going to a 3-4 we better get a damn good NT or two or the defense is sunk before it even starts.

Here we go with the linebacker BS again. Get a QB first, fix both lines 1A THEN think about linebackers. If we are going to a 3-4 we better get a damn good NT or two or the defense is sunk before it even starts.

Totally agree - a good QB makes up for so many problems elsewhere........Look at the 08 season. When Trent was good, we won. When he was either injured or sucked, we lost. It all came down to one position..........Look at the playoffs this year - all the great QBs of the league were the ones left.

Clausen was a big time recruit. the attitude stuff was early on at ND. but I believe most of that has subsided, he's still a very confident guy but he's not a coach killer type from what i've heard. With that said I agree that a LB should not be our #9 pick, i'd rather get that later in rd 3-4 (micah johnson) and get the QB early

If there were any really good QB prospects in this draft, then I *might* consider taking a QB in round 1 in spite

of the obvious problems on the OL and D. BUT, there ISN'T a top QB prospect in this entire draft. I don't want Clausen

or Bradford and Pike, LeFeavre, etc aren't any better than Edwards or Fitz (IMHO).

Just fix the OL and D and worry about QB next year (or after the lockout).

If there were any really good QB prospects in this draft, then I *might* consider taking a QB in round 1 in spite

of the obvious problems on the OL and D. BUT, there ISN'T a top QB prospect in this entire draft. I don't want Clausen

or Bradford and Pike, LeFeavre, etc aren't any better than Edwards or Fitz (IMHO).

Just fix the OL and D and worry about QB next year (or after the lockout).

Damn straight my point exactly...get a good stop-gap QB like Derek Anderson, build both lines and then wait till we can get a real top QB like Locker or Luck next year!

We need a winning QB. Norte Dame sucked this year. He had an !@#$ for a coach. No Clausen I hope

Clausens stats were awesome this year, he did everything he could to win those games, not his fault his defense was TERRIBLE. he's the most pro-ready Qb available

Clausens stats were awesome this year, he did everything he could to win those games, not his fault his defense was TERRIBLE. he's the most pro-ready Qb available

Put Jimmy Clausen in a Bills uniform. If he's there at 9 and we don't take him I'm gonna be pissed. The kid has confidence and seems like he will get fired up. About time somebody shows some damn passion in the huddle.

Totally agree - a good QB makes up for so many problems elsewhere........Look at the 08 season. When Trent was good, we won. When he was either injured or sucked, we lost. It all came down to one position..........Look at the playoffs this year - all the great QBs of the league were the ones left.

In early '08 Trent looked good against bottom feeders. It is not as simple as you suggest. Get Brees, Favre or Sanchez and we still don't make the playoffs with our line woes. Get a rookie and watch the beatings continue.

Damn straight my point exactly...get a good stop-gap QB like Derek Anderson, build both lines and then wait till we can get a real top QB like Locker or Luck next year!

I agree with you and oldtimer. Fix the lines, play ball control and solid D ( if possible). No rookie is going to come in and light it up this year. He is going to take a beating and get shelled shocked like Edwards, Carr and others who have gone this route.

While we are on the subject of Clausen, who did he put these big numbers up against? Nevada, Washington State. ND didn't play anyone that finished in the money so to speak. Even USC wound up being a paper champion.

ICE, you will be the first person that tries to run him out when doesn't throw 500 yards and 5 TD's every game. This is just your M.O..

19636453.82,4446.712202619563.0361062.93103CmpAttCmp%YdsTDTD%IntInt%LngY/AAY/AY/CY/GRateSkYdsNY/AANY/ASk%Quarterback A

19636453.82444123.3205.5656.74.912.5162.963.0261955.84.16.7Quarterback B

Two Young Quarterbacks here. Quarterback A has a strong offensive line, while making it to the playoffs. Quarterback B is being run out of town, while QB A is considered the future of his franchise.

These are the numbers of two different players in two entirely differently situations. Yet, the QB A is considered a better QB than QB B. QB A had a rating of 63, QB B had a rating of 77.

QB A is Mark Sanchez, QB B is Jamarcus Russell of 08. Now you can't tell me that the line play doesn't have a lot to do with Sanchez being considered a good young prospect while Russell is and has been in danger of losing his starting job since the 2009 calendar year started.

In other words, one benefits from a strong line, another suffers behind a poor one, and their perceptions in the public and media are different despite similar performances. So IMO, keeping building up the trenches and it will pay dividends for the team.