NFL fans to sit on field

millbank

The NFL this weekend will begin testing a four-game plan allowing a limited number of premium seats on the field, the Daily News has learned, and will not back off conducting the study despite Friday's NBA riot at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

It is the football equivalent of basketball's courtside seats and another potential lucrative revenue source that can put even more money in the pockets of the owners. One of the games will be when the Giants play the Redskins in Washington on Dec. 5.

The four experimental games: Jacksonville at Minnesota on Sunday; the Giants-Redskins game; Houston at Chicago, Dec. 19; New England at Miami, Dec. 20. One source said the Patriots had experimented with field seating during the 2003 season.

on field seating

The NFL this weekend will begin testing a four-game plan allowing a limited number of premium seats on the field, the Daily News has learned, and will not back off conducting the study despite Friday's NBA riot at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

It is the football equivalent of basketball's courtside seats and another potential lucrative revenue source that can put even more money in the pockets of the owners. One of the games will be when the Giants play the Redskins in Washington on Dec. 5.

The four experimental games: Jacksonville at Minnesota on Sunday; the Giants-Redskins game; Houston at Chicago, Dec. 19; New England at Miami, Dec. 20. One source said the Patriots had experimented with field seating during the 2003 season.

on field seating

131136[/snapback]

That's not a disaster waiting to happen.

Hey Millbank. Remember the wooden bingo chairs in the back of the endzone at the old Rockpile ? Come on, I know some other 40 something and older folks remember those. I sat there a few times in the late 60's. Warren Wells of the Raiders almost ran over us after an overthrow out of the endzone in my first game...Sept. 1968.

Hey Millbank. Remember the wooden bingo chairs in the back of the endzone at the old Rockpile ? Come on, I know some other 40 something and older folks remember those. I sat there a few times in the late 60's. Warren Wells of the Raiders almost ran over us after an overthrow out of the endzone in my first game...Sept. 1968.

131156[/snapback]

I know its sounds great, but are folks not a little crazy these days....?

That's not a disaster waiting to happen.

131146[/snapback]

Well, the hope and the dream is that really knowledgeable fans who know more than the coaching staff, GM or the rest of the stadium will be seated there to enable the players to draw from their acute insight into the game as it unfolds around them.

These "wizards in the box" as they will be called will be representatives who have shown staunch support through thick and thicker, withdrawing said support during the lean times. It will be these masterminds who can point to their continued involvement in the fortunes of the teams since they only will come to the stadium or within 500 miles of the stadium when the team has a winning record.

We can only hope that Ralph has the sac to implement this innovation to secure the Bills continued presence in WNY.

131156[/snapback]

"Old" Rockpile? Are you talking about me again VI? :)

I remember cases of bottled beer being carried in.

I remember full GLASS bottles beng thrown at players.

I remember "no net" by the FG posts and the ball always went into the stands - causing multiple fights.

I remember being thrown out of the old Rockpile for throwing snowballs at Miami Dolphins when I was too young to know better.

The bleachers were not "premium" by any means. They were a way to expand seating to over 40,000 so other teams would not want all the Bills games to be road games. :blink: Part of the revenue was splitting the gate tally.

I think Buffalo and Baltimore (Colts) had two of the crummiest stadiums in those days.

"Old" Rockpile? Are you talking about me again VI?  :)

I remember "no net" by the FG posts and the ball always went into the stands - causing multiple fights.

I remember being thrown out of the old Rockpile for throwing snowballs at Miami Dolphins when I was too young to know better.

The bleachers were not "premium" by any means. They were a way to expand seating to over 40,000 so other teams would not want all the Bills games to be road games.  :blink:  Part of the revenue was splitting the gate tally.

I think Buffalo and Baltimore (Colts) had two of the crummiest stadiums in those days.

131184[/snapback]

Rockpile seating

"Old" Rockpile? Are you talking about me again VI?  :blink:

131184[/snapback]

Stop it Tom, I'm all the verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves .... (sniff ) ..

I can vividly remember those days like it was a week ago... Where the hell has the time gone ? :)

These seats are going to be in the back corner of the endzone. Who the hell would pay a premium to sit in a seat where you will be LUCKY to see maybe 25% of the game action. You would end up sitting on the field JUST to watch the game on the Jumbotron. Once the play is outside the 10-15 yard line you wouldn't be able to see stevestojan.

Nice job, stevestojan.  You've taken the "Look at me" post to a new level: the "Look at how much I hate Bledsoe" post.

131218[/snapback]

And you have taken the "follow stevestojan around and make sure he doesn't make any comments i don't like and I can make some comment about" to a new level. .. . Well above Paco's lever. Congrats.

Go back to PPP... it's so much nicer with you over where you think you're important

And you have taken the "follow stevestojan around and make sure he doesn't make any comments i don't like and I can make some comment about" to a new level. .. . Well above Paco's lever. Congrats.

Go back to PPP...  it's so much nicer with you over where you think you're important

131251[/snapback]

This has all the earmarks of shaping up to be a lame one. Everyone save it for one of the good ones.