Mike Mayock's #1 Rated QB....

DarthICE

Mike Mayock is just slinging stuff against a wall and doesn't really know what he's talking about. I mean, who made him an expert in drafting? :blink:

The guy isn't always right, but he's darn good. One guy he wasn't crazy about was John Carlson, TE from ND who went in the 2nd of 2008.

Bradford needs a solid showing at the combine, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to throw coming off should surgery.

Mike Mayock is just slinging stuff against a wall and doesn't really know what he's talking about. I mean, who made him an expert in drafting? :blink:

The guy isn't always right, but he's darn good. One guy he wasn't crazy about was John Carlson, TE from ND who went in the 2nd of 2008.

Bradford needs a solid showing at the combine, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to throw coming off should surgery.

or if he can throw at all in those buffalo winds, or if he can throw at all after getting clobbered behind our oline, he's too frail for buffalo, we need a tough guy, not an injury case

Sam Bradford. :blink: But hey, what does he know?

Exactly. He's one of a number of fairly similarly competent guys doing the same job, though he seems to be positively worshipped on Bills boards because he had us picking Whitner (because he had a source in OBD).

Remember what Nix said about QBs in Buffalo. They have to have a big arm to throw through the wind. And while Bradford has a lot of really good things about him, a big arm isn't one of them.

Clausen>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradford by a mile. Bradford is a spread offense guy who dealt exclusively out of the shotgun and has suffered injuries and has a thin frame to begin with (Also if you look at it from a Buffalo perspective he is a hot weather QB) AND in Bradford's best year last year he had one of the best offensive lines in college football. While Clausen is a guy who played in a pro offense, didn't have the best O-line, and didn't have many injury issues.

I think the knocks on Clausen are a lot less serious then the ones on Bradford. Clausen's biggest knock is that ND played a soft schedule well as good as ND's skill position players were (Although one of his better receivers was out for the season early) the O-line was terrible.

So Clausen had a soft schedule. Bradford is a guy who didn't play in a pro offense, has frame that might not be durable, got hurt seriously in college, and had his best year behind a great O-line.

Really, he's everyone's No. 1.

Does Mayock say if the Bills should pick Clausen at 9?

Really, he's not. Plenty of people have Clausen going before Bradford. Neither guy is a lock to go first.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/nflmockdraft.html

Anyone know how Bradford grades out against past quarterbacks from past drafts?

This is what I'd like to know, since we already know Bradford is the top rated QB in this draft.

This link I found randomly on google is interesting.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true

Of note to Bills fans is where Brohm is rated, and the receivers like Manningham and Nelson that the Bills passed over in favor of Hardy. Jamaal Charles and Jermichael Finley are some lower round draft picks he graded favorably that have shined.

Neither Clausen or Bradford would please me. They arent going to succeed here. Prob not anywhere without a lot fo support. I am all for building a team that can win with any QB, rather than betting the farm on one guy. Lets play dominating D and run the ball. Thats what will win in Buffalo.

Clausen>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradford by a mile. Bradford is a spread offense guy who dealt exclusively out of the shotgun and has suffered injuries and has a thin frame to begin with (Also if you look at it from a Buffalo perspective he is a hot weather QB) AND in Bradford's best year last year he had one of the best offensive lines in college football. While Clausen is a guy who played in a pro offense, didn't have the best O-line, and didn't have many injury issues.

I think the knocks on Clausen are a lot less serious then the ones on Bradford. Clausen's biggest knock is that ND played a soft schedule well as good as ND's skill position players were (Although one of his better receivers was out for the season early) the O-line was terrible.

So Clausen had a soft schedule. Bradford is a guy who didn't play in a pro offense, has frame that might not be durable, got hurt seriously in college, and had his best year behind a great O-line.

Bradford is one of the most accurate passer and best decision makers to come out in a while. He has also been really only seriously injured once in his career. The knock on Clausen is that he throws the ball up for grabs a lot, and isn't that accurate on his deep ball.

Bradford is one of the most accurate passer and best decision makers to come out in a while. He has also been really only seriously injured once in his career. The knock on Clausen is that he throws the ball up for grabs a lot, and isn't that accurate on his deep ball.

Exactly. Bradford can read a defense and see a field faster than anyone coming out of college I have seen in a long long time.

The reason Clausen threw the ball up at times, which he did, is because he had faith that his WR's (Floyd and Tate) would come down with the ball. There were plenty of 50 yard passes that hit his players IN STRIDE, some of which were dropped mainly by Tate (3 in the Michigan game alone and 2 that would've been TD's). Clausen is ready and I'd LOVE to hear his name called when the Bills are on the clock with the 9th pick in April, but it won't happen because he'll already be off the board.