Stupak scholarship cut from budget

Magox

It's a good cut. There is no way in hell that should have been federally funded to begin with. If Stupak wants to start a scholarship program in honor of a loved one, let him set up a charitable foundation and fund it himself, like the rest of us would have to.

I don't doubt that it's a good cut, but to believe that this was purely based on budgetary concerns would be naive, to say the least.

It's a good cut. There is no way in hell that should have been federally funded to begin with. If Stupak wants to start a scholarship program in honor of a loved one, let him set up a charitable foundation and fund it himself, like the rest of us would have to.

Bingo.

I don't doubt that it's a good cut, but to believe that this was purely based on budgetary concerns would be naive, to say the least.

Yeah, I'm sure every other item is necessary. :blink:

Good cut. Stupak probably has a thing against the poor Asian carp! Same thing with diversion...

:blink:

Because of the 1st District's extensive amount of Great Lakes shoreline (over 1,600 miles), Stupak has been very active on issues related to the protection of the Great Lakes, including opposing sale or diversion of Great Lakes water and drilling for oil and gas under the lakes.

Agree. Now let's see how many other good cuts are done. They could find a trillion dollars with a little work.