per rotoworld (via ESPN)

BeastMode54

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting an article on Manning/Protection.

Need to scroll down:

Chan's man?

It's almost too easy to connect the dots on this -- which generally means that the thing won't happen -- but Buffalo sources suggest that new coach Chan Gailey will, indeed, consider Vick for a starting job. Gailey, of course, is credited with turning Kordell Stewart into a viable quarterback during his tenure as offensive coordinator with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Gailey likes quarterbacks with some mobility, and toward the end of the season Vick seemed to have knocked off the rust and regained some of his speed and quickness. No matter who the Bills import -- and they definitely won't stand pat at quarterback -- Trent Edwards, once thought to be the franchise's long-term starter, will have considerable competition for the No. 1 job.

Could happen, but he'd likely be asked to bring along Brohm as well as one of the throw-on-the-run QB's Jarrett Brown or Zac Robinson in Round 4. It wouldn't be the other throw-on-the-run guy Colt McCoy (we'd need line help and giving up a draft pick to get Vick, so no 1st round QB unless a trade down to gain a pick).

I'd be fine with that. We have an extra sixth or seventh, if I'm not mistaken, from the Ko trade. I'm sure that is all that it would take to get it done. I feel like if the Bills like him, they should make their move because there were rumors that he might hit the open market, in which case they won't get into bidding war If it's going to take a conditional 6th or 7th, pull the trigger if he's their man

I hope they never bring Vick here that will be the end of this proud franchise

NEWSFLASH!!!

The Bills are not a proud franchise. They have been good for about 15 years of the 50 year existence. I want guys who can win football games...I dont really give two ***** what they did off the field 4 years ago.

I would take Colt McCoy in round 2 and Shipley in round 3 but both will be gone by about 10 picks before our selection is up. No Vick for me sorry..............Vick will never win any meaningful games as a QB if any games again period.

I heard the report on ESPN. They said noone will give up a draft pick for Vick and a couple teams (Bills included) will talk to him if he is realeased only. They did say however that Mcnabb will require draft picks and the Beagles are not really looking to move him.

I would take Colt McCoy in round 2 and Shipley in round 3 but both will be gone by about 10 picks before our selection is up. No Vick for me sorry..............Vick will never win any meaningful games as a QB if any games again period.

I'll throw p if we get McCoy. He won't play if he gets turf burn

I'll throw p if we get McCoy. He won't play if he gets turf burn

I agree , this is shaping up as a weak class of qb's , if we tak a shot at brown or robingson late I have no problem . Fix the lines and get a vertern in here and lets take are chances.

He's gonna go late 1st round anyways BeastMode54 so I wouldn't worry about it. I would really like to find a way to get Shipley though. This is a guy who along with a good TE can really keep the chains moving for an offense and even add some kind of threat to score TD's (what are those!!! :censored: ). I think he would become the guy we all wished Josh Reed would have turned into but never really quite got there.....

He's gonna go late 1st round anyways BeastMode54 so I wouldn't worry about it. I would really like to find a way to get Shipley though. This is a guy who along with a good TE can really keep the chains moving for an offense and even add some kind of threat to score TD's (what are those!!! :censored: ). I think he would become the guy we all wished Josh Reed would have turned into but never really quite got there.....

I definitely wouldn't mind Shipley. not sure int he 2nd though, as we need a DT as well as OT and LB

Need to scroll down:

Chan's man?

It's almost too easy to connect the dots on this -- which generally means that the thing won't happen -- but Buffalo sources suggest that new coach Chan Gailey will, indeed, consider Vick for a starting job. Gailey, of course, is credited with turning Kordell Stewart into a viable quarterback during his tenure as offensive coordinator with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Gailey likes quarterbacks with some mobility, and toward the end of the season Vick seemed to have knocked off the rust and regained some of his speed and quickness. No matter who the Bills import -- and they definitely won't stand pat at quarterback -- Trent Edwards, once thought to be the franchise's long-term starter, will have considerable competition for the No. 1 job.

I thought Mularkey was given the credit of turning Kordell Stewart into a pro bowl QB?

i dont see any case why we need to waste a mid to late round pick on a qb when we have sooooo many needs to fill. a qb taken outside the initial rounds is by definition a long shot and a project. we have too much of that already. let's fill out the team on both sides and THEN see what a QB can do

Agreed BeastMode54. I really hope we can somehow get 2 of those you mention in free agency. Uncapped year or not, filling all the teams needs through the draft would take 3 years minimum, and then we probably have more by then. I don't care what Nix says, we need to add 2-4 starting material free agents (not Robert Royals and Larry Trippletts) EVERY offseason. It's the way of the new world man!

Agreed BeastMode54. I really hope we can somehow get 2 of those you mention in free agency. Uncapped year or not, filling all the teams needs through the draft would take 3 years minimum, and then we probably have more by then. I don't care what Nix says, we need to add 2-4 starting material free agents (not Robert Royals and Larry Trippletts) EVERY offseason. It's the way of the new world man!

I agree, I like the idea of adding starting caliber guys and depth players through free agency, then drafting the most talented players in the draft. However, it is expensive but this is what the patsies do and they have had good results with it.

NEWSFLASH!!!

The Bills are not a proud franchise. They have been good for about 15 years of the 50 year existence. I want guys who can win football games...I dont really give two ***** what they did off the field 4 years ago.

I hope they dont bring Vick here that would be the end of this not so proud franchise

I definitely wouldn't mind Shipley. not sure int he 2nd though, as we need a DT as well as OT and LB

This is a deep class for WR's, and our youngsters (Johnson/ Jenkins) deserve a look if the QB gets longer time to go through progressions.

Say no to Shipley at RD2-3 and in Rounds 5-7 go for local guys (Naaman Roosevelt (Buffalo), Mike Williams (Syracuse), Pat Simonds (Colgate). Or see if Jacoby Ford (Clemson) lasts until Round 4. Others I like in mid-rounds include David Nelson (Florida), Taylor Price (Ohio) and Marcus Easley (UConn).

I know that you have always said that Vick is a horrible qb. How bad is he? I mean are we talking Losman bad? I always thought Vick was at least decent.

Vick has better arm strength than losman. He also better wheels and better awareness when running. Losman has a lot

better accuracy. Neither is able to read a defense.

Basically Vick is a perfect fit for Miami and their wildcat. Unless we are implementing and making him a gadget QB he won't fit here. He is a terrible starting QB.

Vick fits the Gailey mold of QB's so this isn't real surprising. If we didn't give up much for Vick, and I mean nothing higher than a 6th, I wouldn't be mad at all if he were here. I think this also opens the door more here for guys like Tebow, LeFevour, and McCoy who are all more mobile QB's. Another guy that I think is sort of "under the radar", but is a guy that I think Gailey wouldn't mind having, is Darryl Clark from Penn St.

I hope they never bring Vick here that will be the end of this proud franchise

Give us a break. The Bills have been a BAD to mediocre football team for the

past decade. No playoffs. I want the players who give them the best chance

to win. If that's Vick, and he is better than any QB currently on the roster, then

so be it. The dogs he killed are not coming back. He was rightfully convicted.

Served his time. It's over. Let it go.

no new news here, but at least confirms that Gailey likes mobile QB's and they Bills will take a look

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/20...&id=4869530

Makes sense considering the state of the O-line. The O-line could get better if everybody stays healthy and they pick up

someone decent in the draft, but as of now it's a mess.

Give us a break. The Bills have been a BAD to mediocre football team for the

past decade. No playoffs. I want the players who give them the best chance

to win. If that's Vick, and he is better than any QB currently on the roster, then

so be it. The dogs he killed are not coming back. He was rightfully convicted.

Served his time. It's over. Let it go.

Sure I can let it go.

I can let go being a fan of this team much easier than I can let go my moral standard that it is wrong to torture and kill animals.